New Rules on Shared and Traded Accounts

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

death911

Re: New Rules on Shared and Traded Accounts

Post by death911 »

One more simple suggestions. Maybe that may help. No player can play more than 12 hours per day. Then need 8 hours sleep lol. And have other household works. So accounts online for more than 12 hours per day should raise suspicion being shared and should be carefully monitored.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
death911

Post by death911 »

LordSeth wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:48 pm My brother plays on his own device and so does my son.
I think they will have no problem. Because ur son plays his account and your brother plays his account. No one else playing those accounts. So that should be safe.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

I support this but I have concerns. :!:
I myself have 3-4 devices I can use at any given time. My phone, tablet and my laptop. I can also borrow my family members' phones if I ask (I have before) ;)
My brother and sister sometimes log in on their accounts but don't play daily. I have used their devices before.
Will my accounts be safe? :?

Response by DaHobbit: Please read my post above. I have the same issue. And here in Vietnam, almost every business shares their Wi-Fi with their customers. So I can log in and play while I'm eating and using a different Wi-Fi. I've been at the baby store buying diapers and other things - while my wife is shopping, I'm sitting down playing FT on the shop's Wi-Fi. I also have many devices (laptop, PC, tablet, notebook, phone, etc), and I will go back and forth from USA to Vietnam. I brought this up in the discussions about this topic. I have no worries. And no worries to you, you should be just fine.

Edit: Thank you Hobbs! I must've misread your post.
Last edited by NightBaby on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Does life really get better?
Leone

Post by Leone »

LordSeth wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:37 pm I got over 23 accounts that are mine linked to my email I sometimes use 3 to 4 device's at a time also let my 6year old son play 2 of my lower lvl accounts and my little brother plays on one of my lower accounts they are my blood family would I have to worry about those account being jailed for my own family playing the game with me or would they be safe?
Now, I don't make the rules and I'm playing devil's advocate here - but it seems to me that you MAY have just admitted to sharing accounts.

If you mean (a) you and a family member play the same account then this (to me at least) is a shared account. In very simplistic terms, the character will level faster as more than one person is using him.

If you mean (b) you set up an account for your 6 year old in your name because of his age and he is the only player, then this (again - to me at least) is not a shared account.
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

LordSeth wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:37 pm I got over 23 accounts that are mine linked to my email I sometimes use 3 to 4 device's at a time also let my 6year old son play 2 of my lower lvl accounts and my little brother plays on one of my lower accounts they are my blood family would I have to worry about those account being jailed for my own family playing the game with me or would they be safe?

Response by DaHobbit: I completely understand this, and speaking only for me, I really hope this will be okay. In many places if a husband owns something, his wife equally owns it (and vice versa). I cannot see a situation where Compbatant (the game's developer) would want to punish you for creating a family event with this game.
What shall happen if accounts are hijacked? The "code" will still permjail the account?
DwarfTank-lvl2093(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2608
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I actually liked leones point

If i had a brother that lived in New York and i lived in California and he uses his device to log into MY accounts then i would consider this to be a shared account punishable by perm jail

It would be unfair allow this

The fact that he is my brother/family would have nothing to do with it

Anyone could say that they are family

How would they prove that?

It would waste GMs time and shouldn't be allowed

If someone in my household wants to use one of my devices to play on THEIR account that's one thing.

If they want to play FT they need to create their OWN account. Period.
Last edited by Ryaca on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BOO!:ghost:
h4t3rz

Post by h4t3rz »

Great new feature! Keep up the good work!
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. -Einstein
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

Where are the boundaries here? If an account has ever been shared, or if an account has been shared recently, or does this only effect accounts from today onward?
ShadowHood-lvl2608
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Just today onward
BOO!:ghost:
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

Okay.

So say my phone dies from drained battery, and I have no way to charge it to continue playing, I barrow a family member's phone or friends phone to play, or maybe I am at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, or any other retail location, and I want to try playing on a device I am thinking about buying, this results in my account (which ever of the many I happen to log as I have several) getting perm jailed?
ShadowHood-lvl2608