New Rules on Shared and Traded Accounts

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

rearrow

Re: New Rules on Shared and Traded Accounts

Post by rearrow »

@ryaca

exception is to the term "blood relations". which is biological.
death911

Post by death911 »

Well i mentioned regularly who plays more than 12 hours. On weekend yes one can play even 15 hours. But how many can play more than 12 hours daily?? If one can play 12 hours daily then clearly he has no other work. Children going to school need sleep 8 hours, study at school 6 hours at least. How can school going p people spend more than 12 hours in game daily?? On weekends even i sometime play 15 hours at a stretch . But anyone playing more than 12 hours daily is clearly a shared one.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
death911

Post by death911 »

DwarfTank30 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:29 pm
death911 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:02 pm One more simple suggestions. Maybe that may help. No player can play more than 12 hours per day. Then need 8 hours sleep lol. And have other household works. So accounts online for more than 12 hours per day should raise suspicion being shared and should be carefully monitored.

limiting players playtime is good for only one thing, killing a game.
12 hours is not a small time. It's like 50% of one day. I have not told to limit. I have told to monitor those accounts on suspicion of being shared. That too which accounts are online more than 12 hours on a daily basis regularly. On weekends its understandable one can play as much as possible. But no one can play that much daily.
What is Death!!
death911

Post by death911 »

NightBaby wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:46 pm
death911 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:02 pm One more simple suggestions. Maybe that may help. No player can play more than 12 hours per day. Then need 8 hours sleep lol. And have other household works. So accounts online for more than 12 hours per day should raise suspicion being shared and should be carefully monitored.
I have school 5/7 days out of the week. On weekends or days off, etc, if I don't have lag I'll play from when I wake up, til I fall asleep. Sometimes that can be 13+ hours.
Exactly .. it is sometimes more than 13+ hours. Not all the times..i meant for those who are almost a always online regularly on a daily basis. I have seen 1 player almost always online at the giant spiders. One more player at cave giants. Obviously a single person cannot be on all the time.
What is Death!!
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

rearrow wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:54 am @ryaca

exception is to the term "blood relations". which is biological.
Oh ok ty

I thought maybe i was losing my mind lol
BOO!:ghost:
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

death911 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:13 am I have seen 1 player almost always online at the giant spiders. One more player at cave giants. Obviously a single person cannot be on all the time.
I know exactly the two players that you are talking about and i think exactly what you are thinking

Shared
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Bottom line is this:

Many have shared concerns and have even made suggestions

compbatant is not obtuse

Let's give him a little credit

I'm sure that all of these things were discussed before he even thought of implementing this code

He knows what he is doing

This new code can ONLY be a good thing
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

DwarfTank30 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:14 pm Where are the boundaries here? If an account has ever been shared, or if an account has been shared recently, or does this only effect accounts from today onward?
we need a GM answer here i think.
ryacas answer is an opinion.

There are accounts which have been shared for a lot of reasons

-sold
-friends/family using same account.
-friends being given temporarily access to see if they like game
-people not being able to play for a longer period and allowing other to do instead (on military asssignment, jailtime) when returned started using account again.

ibthink its fair now that this announcement is made to give people clarity on if they gomna be jailed because they shared in the past pr if they can 'reform'.
i also sugestvto make this rule change a system msg every hour.

ie SYSTEM MSG: shared accounts will be perm jailed if shared after "10march2018"

im allowing a few days to communicate this to all.

Especially since it seems tgat sharing was much more allowed in the last year then before and a lot mire real money has been poured in accounts.

when i took my year+ break sharing was happening but not very much, although selling accounts probably was.
it was also.very clear that there was a risk of perm.jail if you sold or shared.
when email registration was implemented things seemed to relax however. sure rule still stayed the same on fforum, but one thing about ft is that most work is done by volunteers and that means that things are very rarily updated on forum. especially in the first posts and nobody has time to tead all replies on each.

After my return to ft last year i found that there was a lot more sharing going on. the email.registration seemed to have worked in combatting account stealing, which had always been the main argument against sharing. dont. share or it will be most likely stolen.
Combined with a lot more high lvl acvounts (clearly a lot of bought lvls, maybe several people bought and shared that account) that might give the impression that sharing is no longer seen as a very serious offense.
The fact that the penalty of sharing seemed to have changed from jail to not being able to get a "purely cosmatic" special skin seed to support this thought.

now changing that cosmatic penalty to permanemt jail without warning andc a chance to "reform" would be excessive.

So lets get clarity on this part.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

The good news is that no matter what is said here,
This WILL go into effect no matter what
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

@death911

As a farmer i get up at 4-5am and go to sleep at 23.00 ish.
as you get older you sleep less.
As my own boss I love to work 15-20minutes, then grind or builf 5. i actualy plan work aroynd ft plans lol.
clean 2pig pens, hose down sow cages, play 30minutes to allow pigahit to soak,etc)
so you can see me on during 19hours a day. but i dont share any of my accounts.

Others i knoware rich, dont work , aint marrief and can play a lot.

then theres jobs where you can play like nightwatch, standby operator ( used to do a temp job which involved sitting watching tv and only act if a machine had a problem and switching a tape every 1hour).

point is that things might not be as easy as they seem