Leone

Re: New Rules on Shared and Traded Accounts

Post by Leone »

Nahgus wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:44 pmwat is vpn
Beat me to it!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Wikipedia wrote:A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network. Applications running across a VPN may therefore benefit from the functionality, security, and management of the private network.
italics mine
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

interesting
Ryaca_1 is retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

VPN often used for people working from home to have access to company files. I use one for such, but there are some non-work uses within the house as well.

No, I certainly don't use one for FT though!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

VPN stands for Virtual Private Network
it works by a remote server which gives you a random IP address and could potentially show you logging in from Timbuctu rather than from Reduce Speed, Kansas, then next login from Outer Mongolia
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Arashiko wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:51 pm VPN stands for Virtual Private Network
it works by a remote server which gives you a random IP address and could potentially show you logging in from Timbuctu rather than from Reduce Speed, Kansas, then next login from Outer Mongolia
Lol. I don't need a VPN for that. My net provider uses a rotating (dynamic) IP system that does it automatically, whether i want it to or not. As I recall, it caused some fuss in the past with my own and another player's accounts overlapping. Since then, I have used a VPN on occasion when visiting "Kansas", as you put it, but not for any nefarious purposes. If using a VPN can really cause so many issues, I will PM you with a small bit of info that will be a task in itself, but may help.
Omnes Autem Uri
CEKTOP

Post by CEKTOP »

Player blocked spawn.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-08-26-13-30-39.png
Screenshot_2018-08-26-13-30-39.png (1.82 MiB) Viewed 59629 times
coolguy

Post by coolguy »

Sharing Accounts

Sharing accounts has been an issue between us these years, and I've been in one. But it doesn't sound fair to jail a guy who shares his account with his siblings/best friends. Maybe it's against game rules but it's annoying to get your account jailed on this moment you get caught.

A person is able to make his own decision. So I thought you'd do the jailing (Punishment) in a different way.

Scenario

*Person shares account

*Account is now used by 2 different people in different IP Address/Same

*Account get shared in an enormous way/Both users of the account make problems

*Account gets jailed/Accounts gets jailed.

Maybe you used it in the past. Still don't understand you thought it was a bad idea. Most of the players got jailed either from "get shared in an enormous way/Both users of the account make problems"

And it worked perfectly. BUT, if an account gets shared by More Than 2 Players OR Makes a lot of problems, I think it's time to get it jailed.

And Thanks <3
I'm the palm between the two swords
-
-
-
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I disagree and think any sharing should result in jailing. If someone grinds a character and lets even a close friend or family member grind while at work/school that's an unfair advantage. It's no different from sharing with someone else halfway across the globe that you've never met.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Sharing accounts with anyone is unfair no matter who it is. It gives one account an unfair advantage over others that don't share.