Gullander

Re: The "find the miners" quest and new map 2.-4

Post by Gullander »

Awesome job! Thank you!!!
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

I agree. Good post. The back and forth about 'would you like some cake' and so on was funny

Response by DaHobbit: Thank you. I was actually cracking myself up while writing that!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:34 pm I agree. Good post. The back and forth about 'would you like some cake' and so on was funny
hahahahaha I was getting ready to kill her and drag her corpse bad to AC!

Then I thought of my 'granny', may she rest in peace, always asking anyone if they'd like "a cuppa tea and biscuits! Or maybe a meat pie?" with her Scottish brogue accent, and by the time the NPC was finished, she was, in my mind, talking like her.

Hobbs brought back a bit of RL nostalgia with that. Loved it in the end!

Response by DaHobbit: Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. I was making it up as I went, and really had no idea how to finish the quest. I didn't want to do another "kill 50 monsters" etc. But the dialogue just fell into place as I was writing. I am a bit happy with it.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I have never gained even close to all the levels i have gained with all of the other updates combined as i have in this update

I must have gained 40 levels and at my level that's saying A LOT

Great job hobbs

Ardesias city is great and a HUGE +1 for Hobbs Mine

I really appreciated combing thru every bookcase and piece of furniture in both Ardesia city and Hobbs mine

I must have found over 50 items not including all of the items that i found in all of the chests

GREAT WORK HOBBS

HUGE +1,000,000
BOO!:ghost:
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

LostKnight wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:16 pm Hobbs brought back a bit of RL nostalgia with that. Loved it in the end!

Response by DaHobbit: Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. I was making it up as I went, and really had no idea how to finish the quest. I didn't want to do another "kill 50 monsters" etc. But the dialogue just fell into place as I was writing. I am a bit happy with it.
A bit happy isn't enough IMHO ... it was a stroke of genius! It should be a flat out a chest buster!

I'm looking forward to LK testing the mine but I fear I have a little more, :roll: , mining ahead of me, 100 Mithril Ingots yielded 2 hammers. Good thing I had a few partial sets of tools made, not going to give them away now ... took about 40 bars I think for last 2 of 5 picks, well at least until I can get into the mine and see what's what. Haven't even though about the helmets yet. :shock:

I never knew MadMikael to be so greedy! With the price the miners are being paid they should buy their own gear!

KUDOS on a map "par excellance"
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Screenshot: Show
ft0324updatepic.PNG
ft0324updatepic.PNG (502.84 KiB) Viewed 4782 times
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Leone

Post by Leone »

Ace, double M. Totally agree!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Love the update so far. Yeah, I'm several hundred levels away from seeing the start or end of some of these things, but it has been fun so far.

Regarding the actual mine quest, when npc Mikael tells me to check with his assistant at the mine I can't see any npc with a question mark in or around Hobbs' mine. Is there a level requirement, or am I missing something obvious? I haven't finished the main storyline quest yet (levels) if that matters. I hear it's a walk in the park after that!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

SellSword wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:42 pm Love the update so far. Yeah, I'm several hundred levels away from seeing the start or end of some of these things, but it has been fun so far.

Regarding the actual mine quest, when npc Mikael tells me to check with his assistant at the mine I can't see any npc with a question mark in or around Hobbs' mine. Is there a level requirement, or am I missing something obvious? I haven't finished the main storyline quest yet (levels) if that matters. I hear it's a walk in the park after that!
Well, first off, I do know many npcs involve you having to talk to them multiple times.
Make sure you do this - but if you have the quest in your book, you should be ok.

About the assistant:
Spoiler: Show
I don't know if there is a level requirement - but I think it's 150 if there is one.
He's found inside the mine, just walk around inside - there are two npcs in there, so if you only see one, you didn't walk in the right spot.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

MadMikael wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:51 pm
SellSword wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:42 pm Love the update so far. Yeah, I'm several hundred levels away from seeing the start or end of some of these things, but it has been fun so far.

Well, first off, I do know many npcs involve you having to talk to them multiple times.
Make sure you do this - but if you have the quest in your book, you should be ok.

About the assistant:
Spoiler: Show
I don't know if there is a level requirement - but I think it's 150 if there is one.
He's found inside the mine, just walk around inside - there are two npcs in there, so if you only see one, you didn't walk in the right spot.
Thank you very much! Well, not as much for the npc conversation after getting the report! :lol:
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.