Version 6.5.3 released!

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

DwarfTank

Re: Version 6.5.3 released!

Post by DwarfTank »

compbatant wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:36 pm Pets are 100% healed now if you take them from private house after 15 minutes.
ThanksCompbatant
DwarfTank-lvl2270(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2662
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
death911

Post by death911 »

I just wanna be clear about one thing.
As everyone knows now we can put more than 2 pets in a house. (Originally House was meant to be for 2 pets). So with the recent update where pets are kept as items in house, it is possible to keep more than 2 pets in 1 House.
I just want to be clear that this is a feature and not a bug , before i proceed to get more pets. I sure want to get more pets and keep in house and try different combinations.
I just want to be sure that it isn't a bug to keep more than 2 pets in house.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

death911 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:34 pm I just wanna be clear about one thing.
As everyone knows now we can put more than 2 pets in a house. (Originally House was meant to be for 2 pets). So with the recent update where pets are kept as items in house, it is possible to keep more than 2 pets in 1 House.
I just want to be clear that this is a feature and not a bug , before i proceed to get more pets. I sure want to get more pets and keep in house and try different combinations.
I just want to be sure that it isn't a bug to keep more than 2 pets in house.
I also wanted to clarify whether we could store pets in the house that have not been activated yet. Not like I want to store 100 pets in my house or anything like that (I could open Ardesia's first pet store though...), but maybe have some extras on hand for when pets die or you level up enough to upgrade and don't want to keep the old ones on hand for any reason.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

death911 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:34 pm I just want to be sure that it isn't a bug to keep more than 2 pets in house.
Not a bug, it's a feature. :D

But they take 2 spaces now as well, well one space each.

@ Sellsword: Yes, or bank or tavern as well.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

LK is correct.

Activated pets can only be stored in a house (and become items in storage that appear as pets next to you when removed).

Pet items that haven't yet been activated can be stored in house, bank or tavern as normal.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

If you have 2 pets, can you store only 1? Or, must you store both pets at once?
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Humble_M wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:23 pm If you have 2 pets, can you store only 1? Or, must you store both pets at once?
Yes you can store only one if you wish. Swap them in and out.
Actually, you sort of have to store one at a time now; but the 2nd pet is right beside the first in your pack, so it doesn't take long.
I have 7 or 8 pets in my house currently, and I've been demonstrating on start map occasionally.
I can have 2 dragons, insert 1 dragon, pull out an ogre halfling. Then I can store either and pull out a bat.
Mix and match, setup your perfect combo for whatever situation you plan on facing.

If your packs are full, and you insert a pet, the items that pet was carrying will go into your storage automatically.
If there's not enough room, the overflow items should appear as drops on your screen - so be wary.
Homeowners should keep their pack spaces in mind before moving pets around.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Humble_M wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:23 pm If you have 2 pets, can you store only 1? Or, must you store both pets at once?
Putting them in or talking them out is like any item, one at a time!

OK, let's say you have 4 pets.
- 2 good ones for grinding, and
- 2 shop pets (spiders) as work horses for mining, so as not to loose good pets to pet killers.

You want to change the spiders for the "grinders", you will need at least 1 empty space in your house.
- put one spider in your house and remove a "grinder" - repeat and you have exchanged your pets.

Clan people can keep pets and siege machines and switch them the same way.

You can have as many pets as you have spaces in your house less 1 space, plus 2 with you, because you need that empty space to swap them. :)

EDIT: Ninja'd by MadMikael (because he types faster!) - ten fingers beats 2 thumbs hands down -- MadMikael
EDIT 2: Wrong! :P One index finger, one middle finger and a thumb [space bar]... and I have to look at the keyboard. Never did learn to type properly. And with a missing tip of a finger that hurts if I use it to type I tend to protect it a bit ... kinda like a pet. :mrgreen:
Last edited by LostKnight on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

MadMikael wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:34 pm If your packs are full, and you insert a pet, the items that pet was carrying will go into your storage automatically.
If there's not enough room, the overflow items should appear as drops on your screen - so be wary.
If you pull a pet that WAS carrying items in its pack, will the items repopulate the pack? If not, then this is a great way to quickly unload items, grab a pet (same or different), and go get more items!
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Humble_M wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:43 pm
MadMikael wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:34 pm If your packs are full, and you insert a pet, the items that pet was carrying will go into your storage automatically.
If you pull a pet that WAS carrying items in its pack, will the items repopulate the pack? If not, then this is a great way to quickly unload items, grab a pet (same or different), and go get more items!
sadly, no
you'll have to take out the items one at a time
My original test involved mithril ore... and yes, I had to remove them all one at a time
compbatant said that this sort of mechanic is not possible in the current structure of the game, and it's likely not worth a whole rewrite of that part of the engine just for this; perhaps, in the future, it may happen, but not anytime soon
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711