Version 6.5.3 released!

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

rearrow

Re: Version 6.5.3 released!

Post by rearrow »

another reason why i didnt see it as a bug:
requesting a house at ancient minotaurs is obviously not for easy item storage or access to rare resource.
its pretty clear what it is intended for.

the heal pet feature iv mentioned to players and gms alike.

never have i been told it was a bug.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I will honestly say - that none of these things you say are obvious, are obvious to me.
Likely not compbatant either.

The bug report on it is less than 2 months old.
I don't see it posted anywhere else... do you know where it is?
If so, please link it.

As for this case, I'm going to hand you over to Arachnia - real money issue, that makes it admin territory.
No one is going to be punished for this, I think.
Perhaps, something can be worked out.
I don't know - it's all above my paygrade.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

thank u michael,

admin is probably best and i hope arachnias reply was spur of the moment.

for the record, i did not file a bug report, since as i say i could not beleave it to be a bug. instead i spoke in game to players and at least one gm at start. it was not long after getting my first house.

about things being obvious:
i have been respondible for IT development in my previous life. if you build a new feature called a house in which you can store real money bought pets. the first thing a developer or tester normaly does is check if these real money bought arent affected/changed or destroyed by this new proces of storing them.
after all he is dealing with real money from players here.
this most basic est consists of storing something and , retreaving it and checking if it is there as it was before.

this was either not done (which i couldnt beleave, its compbatants income, there are gms testing, there is beta testers) or the healing of pets was intended.

a third option is of course that it was known, maybe not intended but still released. however intentianolaly releasing a bug is not something id like to consider since that would be close to illegal if it generates income.

indeed if you look atmy purchases you will see that from me it indeed did. which is why il take it to pm with arachnia now.

i wanted to add tgis in public still in defence to being acused of using a bug and to get clarity on when something is a bug.
not everything is mentioned on google play or in forum.
Arachnia

Post by Arachnia »

Let me remind all of you about another "bug, not feature":

For a long time it was possible to enter Silverwood City on map 3.1 directly from map 3.2 - like a back door.

Yes, this has been reported.
Yes, compbatant saw it as a minor bug then.
Many players (including me, when I was still a player) used it as a shortcut from the library to the shop.

Nevertheless, someday it had been fixed. Period.

This was before private houses were introduced.
But if someone would have stated, that he bought a house near these maps only because of that "back door", it would be a similar situation to the one that is described by rearrow now.

Bug fixed. Period. That is how I see it.
No further actions will be done (at least by me).
Retired Game Admin (GM)
For contact with staff, please send a PM to GM Inbox

Useful Links:
- Forum Rules | Game Rules
- Game Help | Monster list | Item list
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

arachnia I have pmed you with more details.
even if your reply is exactly the same i like to get that by pm.

this public reply leads to my asking the following question though:
Were the houses released while knowing of this 'heal pet' feature/bug?
Or was there no test so basic as checking of sonething stored in house are not affected by storing it. even when dealing with real money purchased items.

this situatin is very different from having a shortcut to a map.
and shortcut was not a feature of a real money purchased item.

each of the above 2 options have very serious implications. releasing known bugs on items purchased with real money. you realy defending that?
or not testing products you sell for real cash?

houses and pet are both real cash items.they are sold as is.
is very different from a bug with 'free'items.

again i would like to continue this in private,
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

rearrow wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:22 am arachnia I have pmed you with more details.
even if your reply is exactly the same i like to get that by pm.

this public reply leads to my asking the following question though:
Were the houses released while knowing of this 'heal pet' feature/bug?
Or was there no test so basic as checking of sonething stored in house are not affected by storing it. even when dealing with real money purchased items.

this situatin is very different from having a shortcut to a map.
and shortcut was not a feature of a real money purchased item.

each of the above 2 options have very serious implications. releasing known bugs on items purchased with real money. you realy defending that?
or not testing products you sell for real cash?

houses and pet are both real cash items.they are sold as is.
is very different from a bug with 'free'items.

again i would like to continue this in private,
rearrow I have to say you are absolutely correct. This bug was well known by atleast 75% of private house purchasers, and was even disclosed by a GM, I believe such disclosure was made on the Private Houses topic thread, not sure if it is still there or if it has been removed. That being said, I'm glad no punishment(s) will be handed out. I hope all is resolved peacefully.
DwarfTank-lvl2270(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2662
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

I support rearrow strongly in this situation. The GM staff team can act blind to this obviously y'all do not buy houses at least none that has been seen by any players and I'm not 100% on this but I don't believe the staff team has to buy pets unless it's on your regular gaming accounts. Excuse me for being so forward about this but if this does not have you concerned you are either acting blind or your truly ignorant in this case. I own 3 houses now I currently use 2 and unfortunately I don't want the third one it was not intended to be purchased my co-worker tapped the conferm purchase button when I looked away as a joke but hopefully soon I will have that issue taken care of with compbadant. But as a house owner I would want any changes in future updates to be well tested and it want to be sure i couldnt be accused of abusing a bug due to some nonsense that i would think is normal simply by trusting the new features. Imo if you deposit anything in a house it should be withdrawn in the same condition it was in when deposited. I'm not making any suggestions because apparently compbadant doesn't use very many suggestions from players at all not including skins and quests. So many very good suggestions to IMPROVE the game has been bypassed so clearly that's a waist of time. However any new features at all especially those that included purchase items needs to be extremely top priority in testing. I'm sure the one on the throne does not care much about the players that make the purchases or how much they loose to the game but laws or no laws there is a solid line between right and wrong. Rumors go far we don't want bad rumors spreading about ft so please take care of the contributors.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

DwarfTank wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:36 am This bug was well known by atleast 75% of private house purchasers
And yet, I've failed to find a single bug report. Beta testing is optional, and those who beta test post on the same public bug forum. This makes me question how honest you think FT players are.
DwarfTank wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:36 am and was even disclosed by a GM, I believe such disclosure was made on the Private Houses topic thread, not sure if it is still there or if it has been removed.
I've been looking for this post, but have not found it. If you find it, please link it. Or, maybe provide the GM's name, and we can ask them.
LordSeth wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:45 am I support rearrow strongly in this situation....Imo if you deposit anything in a house it should be withdrawn in the same condition it was in when deposited.
These two statements contradict. rearrow wants pets to be instantly healed if he puts them in at red hp.
LordSeth wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:45 am The GM staff team can act blind to this obviously y'all do not buy houses at least none that has been seen by any players
You could see this post viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14710&p=87434
And I can post a pic of the receipt if you really don't believe it. And no, I'm not the only GM who owns a house, or houses for that matter. Not all GMs advertise their alts like I do.
LordSeth wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:45 am and I'm not 100% on this but I don't believe the staff team has to buy pets unless it's on your regular gaming accounts.
GM accounts are tools, not playing accounts. Yes, we can add pets and remove them at will. Naturally, we have to buy pets for our alts, just as you do... and yes, I have receipts for those too.
LordSeth wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:45 am I own 3 houses now I currently use 2 and unfortunately I don't want the third one it was not intended to be purchased my co-worker tapped the conferm purchase button when I looked away as a joke but hopefully soon I will have that issue taken care of with compbadant.
This issue you will likely need to talk with compbatant directly on. Yes I saw your other post. You could also try contacting an admin, as originally prescribed by rule 5. If you sent your original message when you said you did, the time limit should not apply. But you may wish to consider changing your google play options to require a password for purchase, especially if you're going to let others use your game account.
LordSeth wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:45 am But as a house owner I would want any changes in future updates to be well tested and it want to be sure i couldnt be accused of abusing a bug due to some nonsense that i would think is normal simply by trusting the new features.
I actually hate testing. I signed up for the alpha (limited access) simply to test the new pet storing feature, as I knew that many wanted it, and yes, me too. The one bug did get missed, sorry about that (if you had pets already in house), but it was not completely gamebreaking, and it did not last long.
I'll skip over the negative stuff...
LordSeth wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:45 am However any new features at all especially those that included purchase items needs to be extremely top priority in testing.
Things are tested extensively, with the limited testing team we have. Game features go alpha (limited testers) to beta (public testers that anyone can join, basically), then full version. Many bugs are caught in alpha. I forget how many are actually registered for beta testing (but IIRC the number was over 2000 players), and yet not many bug reports are filed... so naturally, the beta goes to public if there seems to be no issues. As for new content, it is extensively tested by a select group, who include the designers. I opt out of that, as I don't want quests spoiled.

Thing is, I've not been able to find anywhere that pet healing was promised with personal houses. But that does not mean it is gone forever. I don't believe PvP protection was advertised at first either (although, I may be wrong); it was removed for some time, and now that it is working more as intended, it is reinstated.

I can understand being angry, but try to calm down before you decide to type what your issues are, as you'll likely achieve a better result that way. I'm sure you know very well that the GM team does not respond well to harsh language or slanderous comments. If you want to have a discussion, we can have one. Just leave the mean things at the door, please.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
death911

Post by death911 »

Well i would suggest 1 thing.
Instant healing of pets inside house i don't support.
But house is a resting place after all. So pets should heal at a normal rate as they heal outside when not under attack. But not instantaneously.
Also will be good if we could keep gold in house.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
death911

Post by death911 »

Anyway not much of an issue with me. Bcoz i use house mainly to store items, make ingots and craft .
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!