Version 6.5.3 released!

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

Re: Version 6.5.3 released!

Post by MadMikael »

death911 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:59 am Well i would suggest 1 thing.
Instant healing of pets inside house i don't support.
But house is a resting place after all. So pets should heal at a normal rate as they heal outside when not under attack. But not instantaneously.
Also will be good if we could keep gold in house.
I completely agree with the logic of the gradual pet healing, and if it's possible, that should be added IMO.
The idea of gold would be nice as well...
If that is considered, a public storage of gold at the bank would be nice too (it is a BANK, isn't it?)

+1
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

EDIT:
I have to apologise to ardesia.

I did pm arachnia instead of ardesia.
so any acquisation of me relating to not checking pm was totaly wrong.
iwill try resend that pm to ardesia instead of arachnia.
Arachnia please ignore it if you still get it.

origianl text:
4)things in reply to michaels post.

1) my petsonal situation il discuss in private pm (although its still in outbox)

2) pvp protection was advertised in one of the houses topics. when some didnt get it it led to a topic why they didnt and the explanation that it made whole maps virtualy non pvp was given.
most accepted that, including me, even though my reason to buy my first house was pvp protection.im actively hunted a lot as a non high lvl account, prominently in raw.

3) i realy cannot beleave that real tests were done and this was missed. storing pets was the main change. its not a rare combination of events which created a bug.
its a very simple thing. easy to see, easy to find.
I am not blaming any individual for not testing it properly, except maybe compbatant. but if something as basic as this was not discovered thats real real bad. because its dealing with real money.
if you sell something for real money the buyer can expect it to be bug free or at least well tested.

4) the last bug i remember with houses was several players being sold the same house due to a bug/error made by creator.
I distinctly remember compbatant gratefully accepting my offer to relocate.
Now i mention a problem and im called a cheater by an admin.
I know its a extremely busy time, but from an admin, who is supposed to be a court of apeal as well, i expected a more thoughtful reaction, or even checking for possible pms before reacting a,second time.

i respect all of gm, including ardesia who realy helped me with problems in the past. but imo this is not how an admin should react to someone compaining about a change, he thought an oversight or bug.

but, im not exactly diplomatic in my posts and admins are volunteers as well, so no hard fealings about these reactions in the heat of the moment.
I like to continue this discusion in mutual respect. but that goes both ways.
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

I appreciate you quoting on almost every word I posted I do. But, 1 I do not allow anyone on my personal accounts at all. I guess I now have to explain that situation to you and the rest of the forum now before y'all try to use that statement to jail my accounts. I was at work and heading to the next job When I seen the update for the new map was available I did update my app logged on and went to explore the new map I tapped on a house and it pulled up the purchase option while it was loading the info I looked out of the window to see the car that was passing us and the co worker sitting next to me thought it would be funny to cause me to buy something on the game so he tapped the purchase button not knowing he was causing me to spend real money on something. Yes my mistake I should have had it switched back to my password confirmation but I had been buying quite a bit of levels at that time i run on a fast clock at work i gotta do thing fast when i get a chance. and honestly who would expect someone to tap your phone while you look away for a couple seconds? Not me. So there you go nobody used my account mike. And as for the pets up being fully restored I am for that. I'm against items coming up missing that are purchased with real money. I believe dwarf tank just lost 2 pets due to the new feature I may be wrong it may not have been him. I glanced at a post in Facebook chat and I thought I seen DT saying he lost 2 worms that was stored in his house. And when I mentioned I don't believe GMs buy houses or pets if you go back I did say except on their gaming accounts. And angry I am not. Your getting offensive for what reason idk but I did not insult anyone I made statements that may or may not be accurate. I can be insulting if you like but I prefer not to. My main concern is things that involves purchased items need to be very closely examined and tested. As you admitted a bug was missed witch is normal but in this case it can cause a big inconvenience. If my words seem too hostile start ignoring them as a few others do.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

MadMikael wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:28 am
DwarfTank wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:36 am This bug was well known by atleast 75% of private house purchasers
And yet, I've failed to find a single bug report. Beta testing is optional, and those who beta test post on the same public bug forum. This makes me question how honest you think FT players are.

As for myself, I chose not to make the report this because as I have already stated, a GM had made it known, so I thought I would do as has been requested many times, "let GMs do their jobs" in hindsight I should have made the report as.... no further comment.

DwarfTank wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:36 am and was even disclosed by a GM, I believe such disclosure was made on the Private Houses topic thread, not sure if it is still there or if it has been removed.
I've been looking for this post, but have not found it. If you find it, please link it. Or, maybe provide the GM's name, and we can ask them.

Honestly I would love to do just that, but I can't remember which GM it was that diaclosed such information, not being 100% accurate anyhow, and I know better than to point fingers aimlessly as it "will" be used against me. I too however have looked for the post myself also, and it is nowhere to be found, but I know 100% without a doubt there was indeed such a post. I remeber the GM stating that they thought it was rather useful and wished it would remain in the game, but such would need to be decided upon by Compbatant as he is the programmer.
DwarfTank-lvl2093(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2608
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

MadMikael I have found the post, see screenshot \\]below[//

*edit* my mistake, I didn't pay attention to the date, but I do now recall that it was you MadMikael that made the original post I am searching to find.
ShadowHood-lvl2608
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

Screenshot I had afore mentioned....
Attachments
Screenshot_20180402-035604.png
Screenshot_20180402-035604.png (200.8 KiB) Viewed 4917 times
ShadowHood-lvl2608
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

MadMikael wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:03 am
death911 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:59 am Well i would suggest 1 thing.
Instant healing of pets inside house i don't support.
But house is a resting place after all. So pets should heal at a normal rate as they heal outside when not under attack. But not instantaneously.
Also will be good if we could keep gold in house.
I completely agree with the logic of the gradual pet healing, and if it's possible, that should be added IMO.
The idea of gold would be nice as well...
If that is considered, a public storage of gold at the bank would be nice too (it is a BANK, isn't it?)

+1
Actually I think best I sleep when I get off work, my brain is all messed up from lack of sleep this week...

MadMikael I have highlighted your words in this color above.

So you agree it should be added, though it was part of game that you now since it was removed, want a player and all players for the matter punished for using the known exploit?

I'm just trying to gain some traction on this to better understand.
ShadowHood-lvl2608
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Isn't that ( ^ ) a quote from a few hours ago, after stating such a quote existed?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

DwarfTank wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:36 am This bug was well known by atleast 75% of private house purchasers
So glad to know I'm in the 25% group.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Pets are 100% healed now if you take them from private house after 15 minutes.