Bug Fixes April 3rd, 2018

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

Bug Fixes April 3rd, 2018

Post by MadMikael »

-Autowalk should no longer happen with walking units, such as rabbits or npcs; it should no longer happen with personal houses either

-Unclanned players are no longer able to have siege pets; if you have them and are kicked or drop clan, they will die; removing stored sieges while not clanned will make them vanish as well

Please be prompt in reporting bugs or issues
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
DwarfTank

Re: Bug Fixes April 3rd, 2018

Post by DwarfTank »

MadMikael wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:39 pm -Autowalk should no longer happen with walking units, such as rabbits or npcs; it should no longer happen with personal houses either

-Unclanned players are no longer able to have siege pets; if you have them and are kicked or drop clan, they will die; removing stored sieges while not clanned will make them vanish as well

Please be prompt in reporting bugs or issues

Thanks MadMikael
DwarfTank-lvl2270(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2662
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

DwarfTank wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:16 am Thanks MadMikael
compbatant deserves the praise, not me
(don't shoot the messenger ;) )

DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

True Compbatant is the programmer, tho I believe you still deserve credit for letting him know promptly ;)
ShadowHood-lvl2662
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

I've decided to fully test this annoying bug. Auto Walk to wildlife has been fixed 100%, Auto Walk to Owned/Unowned Private House(s) needs fixed though, as clicking Owned/Unowned Private House(s) in further testing has revealed a new discovery. Standing near a shop, a tree, or rock, and purposefully/accidentally touch a private house, and you will auto interact with, shop, tree, rock. I tested this to see if doing such would also cause Auto Attack on Units/Mobs and it infact does start Auto Attack. Touching Owned Private House causes auto walk, after reaching Private House and player regains control of their character Auto Attack is then Active.
ShadowHood-lvl2662
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Are you certain about auto walk to personal houses? It did not happen in my tests (with touchscreen on and touchscreen off).

But for the interact/attack you speak of, is this not the same as when you're near stairs etc. and try to use them, but attack nearby mobs instead? I think that's a priority thing of what you interact with. EDIT: similar can happen if you click on the other side of stairs, and your avatar bumps into them, they may use said stairs.

If there is still issues with the autowalk bug, I'd like to get those hammered out if compbatant is willing.

DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

Yes I am absolutely certain that auto walk to owned private houses is still happening..... I am willing to show you in game if you'd like me to, I'll be at my private house next door to the Brass Monkey Tavern....

Other auto attack bug isn't the same as you describe, tho it too is quite annoying.
ShadowHood-lvl2662
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I'm glad my "unofficial" bug/exploit report in mChat was helpful in removing the abuse potential of sieges. Now if only players couldn't hide behind them...

I know, I know. Enjoy what we got, and I plan to.
Omnes Autem Uri
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

DwarfTank wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:40 am Yes I am absolutely certain that auto walk to owned private houses is still happening..... I am willing to show you in game if you'd like me to, I'll be at my private house next door to the Brass Monkey Tavern....

Other auto attack bug isn't the same as you describe, tho it too is quite annoying.
Ah, I missed that in testing - autowalk still happens if you click on your own house, even if touchscreen is off. I tested with houses I did not own, as I thought those were the offending problems. I'll let compbatant know and he can decide if this is needed to be fixed or not.

Personally, I have trouble using my house when touchscreen is off... idk how the rest of the community feels about it.

As for the autoattack, I think that between DwarfTank's tests and my own ideas, maybe it will give clues to compbatant on how to address the issue.
madmaniacal1 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:12 am I'm glad my "unofficial" bug/exploit report in mChat was helpful in removing the abuse potential of sieges. Now if only players couldn't hide behind them...

I know, I know. Enjoy what we got, and I plan to.
You are correct in that your comments and the replies involved did catch some attention. With the ability to store sieges now, the topic was raised, and it was included in the fixes. Sieges are being discussed a bit, but I've no idea what compbatant is going to decide on. He may not change it at all. It is not an easy decision, and I do not envy him for it, as it will likely have a large impact on the game if he changes anything; and as all changes go, there's usually a group who are not happy. You can't please everyone.

NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

MadMikael wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:20 am You are correct in that your comments and the replies involved did catch some attention. With the ability to store sieges now, the topic was raised, and it was included in the fixes. Sieges are being discussed a bit, but I've no idea what compbatant is going to decide on. He may not change it at all. It is not an easy decision, and I do not envy him for it, as it will likely have a large impact on the game if he changes anything; and as all changes go, there's usually a group who are not happy. You can't please everyone.
I'm happy that unclanned players can no longer have sieges😁
Sieges are meant for clanned players only😏
Does life really get better?