All jailed accounts shouldn't be jailed permanently.

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

madmaniacal1

Re: All jailed accounts shouldn't be jailed permanently.

Post by madmaniacal1 »

generous11 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:45 am as i said the examples are very clear. the player spend money a lot and when he decide to trust his friend and give him access to his account, GM delete all he spent.
If your "friend" was truly worthy of your trust, he or she would not login to your account even if given the password, because they would KNOW sharing is against the rules.

Sharing has always been against the rules. That hasn't changed, and likely never will. Requesting/demanding/debating for it to change is a waste of your digital breath...
Omnes Autem Uri
Leone

Post by Leone »

@generous whether a player spends $0, $10 or $10,000 on the game, the rules are there to be followed. Sharing accounts is forbidden. If a player shares their account then they face the consequences. Why should money make a difference?

People choose to play this game and the rules are clearly defined for all players. If a player is unhappy with the rules then they are well within their rights to look elsewhere.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:47 pm People choose to play this game and the rules are clearly defined for all players. If a player is unhappy with the rules then they are well within their rights to look elsewhere.
Right there. That's the whole thing in a nut shell.

No one "forced" anyone to play FT, it's a voluntary choice.
No one "forced" anyone to pay for things in FT, it's a voluntary choice.
So you decided to play and decided to buy a few things but you decided not to read or to break the rules, it's a voluntary choice.

When the game was created there was a rule: No sharing of accounts.
Which means it was and is an FT crime.

Well, the "powers" to be got together and changed the "punishment" of the rule, not the rule itself.

I notice there was not so much as a peep about "No sharing of accounts" on the forums prior to the changing of the punishment.
I wonder why? Well, NO!, not really, we ALL know why.

Therefore: if you share and get caught (and get caught you will) ... the FT Dwarves will sing:

Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
It's off to jail you go.
We'll toss the key and weld it shut.
Hi Ho!
Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

yea all the cheaters sharing accounts did it so long now they like wtf :D
Ryaca_1 is retired
vlad198401

Post by vlad198401 »

I more or less support cancellation of permanent jail in some cases. GMs and admins here do sometimes bring real life as an example (like eg recent trade bug, 1st post here).
So please, dear A's and GM's, tell me, where IRL people are permanently jailed for stealing $100/1000? Is sharing an account really so severe as mass murder?
OK, you may throw a bunch of examples, where ppl for thievery got their hand cut or whatever, but maybe then you shall also cut? Levels/gold e.g?

Of course if player is constantly breaking rules there might be reasonable to clear the FT environment from him, but really — is 1st mistake/abuse worth permanent jail?

As for me, I really don't care for sharing accounts, I mostly suffered from players who just pursued me, killing spawn just for fun and preventing me from playing. Are you really sure that sharing an account is so much more severe than depriving someone from enjoying the game, that you give PJ for sharing and just a serious talk for harassing?
Last edited by vlad198401 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FT`ing life away
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Trying to use real life examples is useful at times when making a point, but hyperbole isn't. There are plenty of things in real life well short of mass murder that lead to a lifetime in jail...

FT isn't real life, and it carries its own rules and penalties.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
vlad198401

Post by vlad198401 »

SellSword wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:19 pm FT isn't real life, and it carries its own rules and penalties.
Everything, that involves real money is real.
FT`ing life away
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Hmmm. Real money makes it real? Ok. Buy a car. Drive foolishly. You just lost all that money when you wrecked, or got pulled over by the police.
One bad decision can cost a lot of money IN REAL LIFE. Stop acting like it should be different in FT. It isn't. Invest money, behave in a way that defies the rules, lose the money. Same as above example, without the chances that anyone died in a car accident.
If you break a rule, you lose. Real life or digital. No difference. Get over it, learn from it, and move on with your life.
Omnes Autem Uri
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

And again let us not forget the real "crime" of sharing accounts -- I continually read here about the idea that it costs the developer money. This may or may not actually be true, but frankly, I don't care about that (no offense intended of course) The main issue for me is that it unfairly allows players to exert more control over other players than they could if they followed the rules. This affects literally every single player in the community, and deserves permanent punishment. (as do many other rule violations which are, so far, being treated with too much leniency imo, but time will catch up to those cheaters too ;) )
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

AnddyRMPD wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:46 am Shared Jailed accounts should not be jailed permanently they should be jailed for 1 year a second time caught should be 2 years but not permanently. many have spent time and money enjoying the game owner is just losing business this rule is terrible.
For years, no one said a thing.
People broke the rule and levelled MUCH faster than the others who did not break the rules.
The rule breakers used the shared accounts to take out vengeance on accounts that killed their lower accounts.

ALSO: People that did NOT share their accounts also spent a lot of real money on the game and lost some hard to get gear to shared accounts.

You say "this rule is terrible" - this rule has been in place since the beginning of the game.

Only the penalty changed. And IMHO; a fair and just change.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.