Dark Devil and Traitor-calling NPCs news

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: Dark Devil and Traitor-calling NPCs news

Post by Leone »

death911 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:33 pm Instead why not make some amount of Gold spent when talking to Traitor NPCs. by that way the misuse will stop. For each spawn u spent 500k or 1m gold. so players won't misuse them. its also logical. since u are a traitor, the NPCs will also take ur money..
I like this idea if an alternative is ever to be considered. You'd only let them take your gold once!
death911

Post by death911 »

Yep i have liked many changes.
But just replacing regular monsters with weakened monsters seems ridiculous to me. It's a game of challenges, reducing the challenges takes away the excitement of game.
The change has just been made for convenience of some players. It's just like saying" i have difficulty in getting ores from Hobbs mine due to Death worms, so lets replace the Death Worm with some other weakened monster (earth worms let say) or lets say I have difficulty in getting platinum due to the cave giants so lets replace the Cave giants with some other monster, so that it would be convenient to get ores. or lets say let us replace teh dwarf warlords guarding the ruby ores with some weakened dwarf so that i can get ruby easy."i can go on with examples. the point is these all reduce the excitement. When a player enters the map , he shouldn't expect it easy. Challenges is what make the game worth playing. If any player is taking advantages of some situation and creating trouble for others then lets make it difficult for him in some way. As i said make some amount of Gold spent when talking to Traitor NPCs so that when a player spawns regularly his gold keeps on reducing. It will reduce the players form misusing and creating trouble for others.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

Leone wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:07 pm
death911 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:33 pm Instead why not make some amount of Gold spent when talking to Traitor NPCs. by that way the misuse will stop. For each spawn u spent 500k or 1m gold. so players won't misuse them. its also logical. since u are a traitor, the NPCs will also take ur money..
I like this idea if an alternative is ever to be considered. You'd only let them take your gold once!
This idea is easy to implement...it happens already when summoning a dark devil for the key drop in the Center House.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

So now that the npc for human shop on map 4.0 spawns level 15 yellow archer, the only chance for a fire plate drop, from fire archers is Kraken?
death911

Post by death911 »

this is exactly what i am talking about. let's weaken each and every monster for our convenience and enjoy the game. :lol: :lol:
What is Death!!
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

LIZARDKING wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:48 pm So now that the npc for human shop on map 4.0 spawns level 15 yellow archer, the only chance for a fire plate drop, from fire archers is Kraken?
Good point! Now that I think about it, wouldn't it make more sense to spawn human shop NPC farther from the center entrance? This way, players can "Traitor" battle (original, Fire Archers) and not block the entrance
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

death911 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:56 pm this is exactly what i am talking about. let's weaken each and every monster for our convenience and enjoy the game. :lol: :lol:
that is not what is happening

players were causing overspawns where ppl were trying to do quests

those players are usually low level so the massive spawns kill them with no chance of those players being able to pass thru the area

those dark devil spawns were way to op for the locations that they were at

this is not nerfing mobs becsuse players have trouble in random areas of the game and no change like that would ever happen

weissten dungeon has been a major issue for years and ardesia city has been an issue with that npc for a long time

can u name a specific change that you actually have liked and send me a link to the post where u posted in support of that change?
Ryaca_1 is retired
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

I can say, that the new traitor mobs are kinda over-nerfed.
Another suggested change was to possibly limit their spawns per player... but that didn't seem right either I guess. Players would have found a way to use that.
The best solution IMO would have been, to keep the same mobs at the Traitor NPCs, but have them give no drops and no xp whatsoever.
That would have kept the storyline intact, and removed the problem with grinding there.
However, I don't think that was actually possible without adding new units entirely.

Who knows? Maybe that could happen one day.
For now, I'm happy with the existing change.

The Traitor NPCs were never meant to be used for grinding, period.
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
death911

Post by death911 »

@Nahgus
Players can overspawn in any map of FT. Can't they?
shall we start nerfing the mobs in every map where players overspawn ? for instance shall we start nerfing the cave giants at the entrance to platinum ores ? ( i saw ur post few days back where u reported the issue. so u know what i am talking about). i am very low lvl as compared to u and i go to platinum ores almost daily to make some ingots and i never complain about that. why ? because i like the challenge and like the way it is.
Lol when was a newbie ( lvl 10 around), players would overspawn blue swordsman, which was difficult for me, but i never complained and liked the challenge.
When a player enters the map of the game he should be ready to face any challenge. if any player is intentionally harassing others by overspawning then there are other ways to make him spawn less . make him spend gold. lets see who would spend billions of gold just to harrass others.
as per your request to which changes i have liked recently i have liked the updates recently in rules 6 and 7.
here is the link..

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16075
What is Death!!
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

no we should not nerf normal spawned mobs cave giants or otherwise and that is not going to happen

this recent change has been discussed for along time and needed to happen

madmagus is right npc spawned mobs were never intended for level grinding and those devils at weissten were way op for that area and never should have been there in the first place

this change needed to happen

thank u for providing the link

death911 for gm
Ryaca_1 is retired