Dark Devil and Traitor-calling NPCs news

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMagus

Re: Dark Devil and Traitor-calling NPCs news

Post by MadMagus »

I've heard this "Obsidian Devil" mentioned a few times now...
And yet, I can't find it listed anywhere as a mob that's in the game.
Help me out, and show me where it is?
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

death911 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:26 am
Nahgus wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:36 am
death911 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:46 am About the Dark devil, i completely support Reducing XP from dark devil.
As far as weisstein is concerned, it wasn't supposed to be easy in the first place, the entrance to the map is guarded by Worms and Mushy men.. Then there is Magiers. So Dark devil spawning inside kind of makes sense. Although Dark devils were OP in that location, so may be Spawning Obsidian Devils there in place of Dark devils would make sense rather than the red devils dropping portal stones..
weissten quest is a level 60 quest

no way a level 60 is killing dark devils
Lvl 60 ain't killing worms or southern mushy men or other mobs there too.. should we Nerf them too?
The trick is not to kill them but to run away from them. Dark devil was OP for that location i agree but Red devil is a joke . Obsidian Devil is appropriate for that location in Weissten
worms and mushymen arent in weissten dungeon and there is no quest that i have done that requires running away because a mob is so ridiculously high lvl that there is absolutely no way to be able to defeat it

and again im not saying other mobs need to be nerfed i dont know why u keep saying that

i have to believe that u only care so much about this topic because u or ur friends have grinded these dark devil spawns but i hope that is not true
Last edited by Nahgus on Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryaca_1 is retired
death911

Post by death911 »

@Nahgus
i haven't grinded at Dark devils at Weissten ever.
Yes i have grinded them at Devil island.
I am not against Removing Dark devil from Weissten. Actually i have stated that they were OP at Weissten map.It just that Red devil seems too weak.
Madmikael Asked about Obsydian Devil. Thats a 268 lvl mob with stats weaker than Dark devil and stronger than Blue devil.
Attachments
27L8R9T8NS2W27DVr4SA6hX5.jpg
27L8R9T8NS2W27DVr4SA6hX5.jpg (121.72 KiB) Viewed 5482 times
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
death911

Post by death911 »

@Nahgus
Weissten quest doesn't need anyone to kill the Dark devil. It just needs any player to run away from it and reach the Weissten to complete the quest.
Dark devil killing is needed for House of Houses quest where u need kill Dark devil to get blue key 2 drop.
What is Death!!
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

that obsidian devil offers way too much xp

weissten would just turn into a grind fest again if that mob was introduced there
Ryaca_1 is retired
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

Ah ok, I get it.
The Obsydian Devil pictured there is actually a mutant Blue Devil.
Just like how when fighting skeletons you get all the rainbow colours.
This devil is a Blue Devil with slightly higher stats.
It's possible that these are already on that map on the way to the weisstein.
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
death911

Post by death911 »

I am nobody to make any decisions here. let the game creators decide what monster to be spawned. BTW obsydian devil has no drop and blue devil already spawns there. so i don't think it would make much difference. considering there are other monsters offering better XP at other maps.
About Weissten or any map being grind fest!
FT is a grinding game. U gotta grind to lvl up. Any monster anywhere is available for grinding. Where ever any player gets XP and creates a spawn there is a grind fest!! Although i do not grind there at Weissten but still i don't think players are restricted to some areas for grinding. There are over 1k players playing each day and all want xp. so obviously we will find players grinding some mobs according to their lvl at any map you go. so every map is some sort of grind fest. so how is Weissten any different? Maybe its a part of the main storyline but so are other maps which are a part of the main storyline.
I understand that low lvl players may have difficulty in going to Weissten but that's the part of the challenge. i myself have died many times in going Weissten when i was low lvl and also many times while going kraken island for artefact but thats all what keeps the excitement.
Yes Dark Devil were too OP for that map, that i agree (not because of grind fest but because of the level needed for quest and the amout of XP they gave), so removing dark devil from Weissten was definitely a good move.
but Obsydian devil will be appropriate for that location i think. but let the game creators decide.
What is Death!!
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

death911 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:47 pm I am nobody to make any decisions here. let the game creators decide what monster to be spawned. BTW obsydian devil has no drop and blue devil already spawns there. so i don't think it would make much difference. considering there are other monsters offering better XP at other maps.
About Weissten or any map being grind fest!
FT is a grinding game. U gotta grind to lvl up. Any monster anywhere is available for grinding. Where ever any player gets XP and creates a spawn there is a grind fest!! Although i do not grind there at Weissten but still i don't think players are restricted to some areas for grinding. There are over 1k players playing each day and all want xp. so obviously we will find players grinding some mobs according to their lvl at any map you go. so every map is some sort of grind fest. so how is Weissten any different? Maybe its a part of the main storyline but so are other maps which are a part of the main storyline.
I understand that low lvl players may have difficulty in going to Weissten but that's the part of the challenge. i myself have died many times in going Weissten when i was low lvl and also many times while going kraken island for artefact but thats all what keeps the excitement.
Yes Dark Devil were too OP for that map, that i agree (not because of grind fest but because of the level needed for quest and the amout of XP they gave), so removing dark devil from Weissten was definitely a good move.
but Obsydian devil will be appropriate for that location i think. but let the game creators decide.
we will have to agree to disagree
Ryaca_1 is retired
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

death911 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:14 am
blitzcraig wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:45 pm There is simply too much flawed logic here for me to resist throwing my two cents in...

1> The mobs that attack you when you're called a traitor are too weak, and there is no challenge now

- There was never any real challenge with these mobs, they were used to grind... which was exactly the problem.

please let me know what I've missed here ;)
FT is a grinding game. You have to grind to lvl up. Any mob u see anywhere is available for grinding.although i agree that these Traitor NPCs were excessively used to harrass others.of course there is no challenge. u finish a lvl 150 quest and face yellow archer. oh what a challenge!!.
u finish a good quest in Ardesia and face green archers and dark mages. oh its a great challenge.
sounds like we agree on this point 👍 (there was never any meaningful challenge there anyway, so this change doesn't affect this issue)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

death911 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:06 am
blitzcraig wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:45 pm
2> The mobs that attack you when you're called a traitor are too weak, and it hurts the role-playing experience. They should charge gold instead.

- I don't understand how this makes sense... Please sir, give me gold and I'll attack you... ok, here's my gold, now I'll kill you, but not get my gold back?

please let me know what I've missed here ;)
he doesn't ask u" please sir give me gold". u are a traitor to him. so he simply takes your gold by force and spawns mobs to kill you. as many times u talk him, he forcibly takes your gold and spawns mobs to kill u. he says " traitor, let us take away his gold and kill him" .
However, I still fail to see how this works from a role-playing perspective. Basically, it's, "Aha I'm strong enough to take your gold by force... then I'll call for help in attacking you, and you'll kill my companions, literally hundreds of thousands of my companions because you're so much more powerful than we are!"
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏