Dark Devil and Traitor-calling NPCs news

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

blitzcraig

Re: Dark Devil and Traitor-calling NPCs news

Post by blitzcraig »

There is simply too much flawed logic here for me to resist throwing my two cents in...

1> The mobs that attack you when you're called a traitor are too weak, and there is no challenge now

- There was never any real challenge with these mobs, they were used to grind... which was exactly the problem.

2> The mobs that attack you when you're called a traitor are too weak, and it hurts the role-playing experience. They should charge gold instead.

- I don't understand how this makes sense... Please sir, give me gold and I'll attack you... ok, here's my gold, now I'll kill you, but not get my gold back?

3> The mobs that attack you when you're called a traitor are too weak, and now we have to go far away to farm fire plates.

- wait, so now it's challenging and that's a bad thing?

4> A player can overspawn on any map...

-yes, and now they must do it normally, rather than abusing a game mechanic and interfering with regular game play or other players

please let me know what I've missed here ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
death911

Post by death911 »

blitzcraig wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:45 pm
2> The mobs that attack you when you're called a traitor are too weak, and it hurts the role-playing experience. They should charge gold instead.

- I don't understand how this makes sense... Please sir, give me gold and I'll attack you... ok, here's my gold, now I'll kill you, but not get my gold back?

he doesn't ask u" please sir give me gold". u are a traitor to him. so he simply takes your gold by force and spawns mobs to kill you. as many times u talk him, he forcibly takes your gold and spawns mobs to kill u. he says " traitor, let us take away his gold and kill him" .
Last edited by death911 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
death911

Post by death911 »

blitzcraig wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:45 pm There is simply too much flawed logic here for me to resist throwing my two cents in...

1> The mobs that attack you when you're called a traitor are too weak, and there is no challenge now

- There was never any real challenge with these mobs, they were used to grind... which was exactly the problem.

FT is a grinding game. You have to grind to lvl up. Any mob u see anywhere is available for grinding.although i agree that these Traitor NPCs were excessively used to harrass others.of course there is no challenge. u finish a lvl 150 quest and face yellow archer. oh what a challenge!!.
u finish a good quest in Ardesia and face green archers and dark mages. oh its a great challenge.
Last edited by death911 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is Death!!
LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

This is a useful post by Ardesia. Its relevance is from the fire plate post that I posted. Fire plate.value has gone up exponentially. Thats all I was saying.

User avatarardesia
Re: Altar locations for anyone having problems.
Report this post Quote
Unread post Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:34 am

Jenga wrote: ↑ I'm lvl 180 oger do I need a lvl requirement to do this altars or can I do the altars before I get the quest or what not telling me to do so ?
You can do the altars at any level.
They give you no reward at all - but the fact that they allow you proceeding on Kraken Island quest.
IMO, doing altars before 250 is illogical, because the requests are balanced for a level 250 character and so they can be very hard for a lower one.
A description of altars and of Kraken Island quest is in walkthrough section
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Man, I had a difficult day at the office awhile ago with some changes that were enacted. Good thing I was able to accept and adapt to things and move on.

Oh, sorry. I'm not sure how that is relevant here...
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
death911

Post by death911 »

About the Dark devil, i completely support Reducing XP from dark devil.
As far as weisstein is concerned, it wasn't supposed to be easy in the first place, the entrance to the map is guarded by Worms and Mushy men.. Then there is Magiers. So Dark devil spawning inside kind of makes sense. Although Dark devils were OP in that location, so may be Spawning Obsidian Devils there in place of Dark devils would make sense rather than the red devils dropping portal stones..
What is Death!!
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

death911 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:46 am About the Dark devil, i completely support Reducing XP from dark devil.
As far as weisstein is concerned, it wasn't supposed to be easy in the first place, the entrance to the map is guarded by Worms and Mushy men.. Then there is Magiers. So Dark devil spawning inside kind of makes sense. Although Dark devils were OP in that location, so may be Spawning Obsidian Devils there in place of Dark devils would make sense rather than the red devils dropping portal stones..
weissten quest is a level 60 quest

no way a level 60 is killing dark devils
Ryaca_1 is retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

Love this debate. The game grows from what we say.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

MadMagus wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:23 pm I can say, that the new traitor mobs are kinda over-nerfed.
Another suggested change was to possibly limit their spawns per player... but that didn't seem right either I guess. Players would have found a way to use that.
The best solution IMO would have been, to keep the same mobs at the Traitor NPCs, but have them give no drops and no xp whatsoever.
That would have kept the storyline intact, and removed the problem with grinding there.
However, I don't think that was actually possible without adding new units entirely.

Who knows? Maybe that could happen one day.
For now, I'm happy with the existing change.

The Traitor NPCs were never meant to be used for grinding, period.
I fully support the "new monsters" idea. They could share names, stats, and skins with the originals, but have no exp/drops. Without those, they wouldn't be used/abused to grind, while still serving their original purposes.
Omnes Autem Uri
death911

Post by death911 »

Nahgus wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:36 am
death911 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:46 am About the Dark devil, i completely support Reducing XP from dark devil.
weissten quest is a level 60 quest

no way a level 60 is killing dark devils
Lvl 60 ain't killing worms or southern mushy men or other mobs there too.. should we Nerf them too?
The trick is not to kill them but to run away from them. Dark devil was OP for that location i agree but Red devil is a joke . Obsidian Devil is appropriate for that location in Weissten
What is Death!!