Dark Devil and Traitor-calling NPCs news

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

rearrow

Re: Dark Devil and Traitor-calling NPCs news

Post by rearrow »

i understand about the traitor npc change but not realy about the dark devil xp reduction.

reducing it a little i could understand but this reduction is huge.

for grinding the xp/hp ratio is important.
the higher this is ratio is the faster you can level by grinding this monster.

the dark devil had one if the best xp/hp ratios, which is why so many wanted to grind them.

After this reduction there are more then 40monsters with a better xp/hp ratio (source the new monster spreadaheet).

from a real grind monster it became a mediocre one with a lot of better alternatives. and to get there you.pay for ship or walk a long way.

a house here becomes useless since its benefit was mostly its pvp protection or storage of multiple pets while grinding. its not easy to reach and no good resources nearby.
cello117

Post by cello117 »

After this reduction there are more then 40monsters with a better xp/hp ratio (source the new monster spreadaheet).

what is this monster spreadaheet? im srry but i never listen it 😅

about dark devil down xp, maybe is good bec now i dont see much high players stoped a full day gridding in dark devil spaw
Cello 2,4k

MarBow

KoT
Leone

Post by Leone »

Go to
General information
Monster manual
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

simple explanation is this -

First, it was never intended to be used as a "grinding" enemy - only as a "boss" in the hero quest. As such, it was given attack capabilities that make it much to "safe" to fight against in grinding situations to justify it having amongst the highest xp:hp ratios in the game

Second, the high hp allows for a ridiculously fast xp gain for percentage based attacks.... anything with such high hp either needs skill immunity (which was not available when this monster was created) or a lower xp:hp ratio

hope this helps clear it up

disclaimer: obviously this is just from my point of view - I'm not a GM and certainly do not speak for the staff ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

i totaly undetstand these arguments at its ccreation.
the dark devil was originally a badd ass boss which spawned once an hour and had some high level drops then.
It later was added to a n (weisstein quests) as a 'dangerous monater you had to pass.

However, when devil island was created it was added as regularly spawning grinding monster and its sellable drops where removed, leaving it a good (best) xp/hp ratio. later monsters like black zombie got even better ratios though.
still i totaly undestand it needed someadjustment like adding resistancies and maybe even loeer xp.

but reducing it in xp/hp ratio from top dog to.having 40 beter ones and still no useful.drop seems a bit much.
i would have expected it to at least atay in the top 10 area or get back some useful drops.

fighting over grind spots is a main part of the game.

first we fought over red zombies, later red horned monsers, then mushieman, then dark devils and now high lvls kill you at the black zombies etc.
I dont know about other times a monster was so.much reduced in xp because it was fought over.
But maybe thete were. but there is one main difference.

with super high lvl players killing you if you grinded at that spotyou had 4 choices (next to complaining lol). do not go there, unclan, log if a mage a little lower then your lvl wants your spot (mages will kill non mages) or buy a house and have pvp protection.

Real money houses at this spot instantly become useless with this huge reduction
because the whole reason for being there is to grind there and have pvp protection/multiple pets.
theres litarary 50+ better spots for that house now.

and they are expensive.