Important announcement!

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

generous11

Re: Important announcement!

Post by generous11 »

I cant believe it... is this REAL!! the thoughts in my mind is going to happen!!! WOW thats a real nice thing Compbatant!!! If you just need my help, dont hesitate ;)
congratulations Seth! and congratulations for our great game, and all the thanks to our great developer Compbatant.
cheers 🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
super arch "1227"
super axe "111"
generous11 "110"
super club "178"
super sord "84"

Clans: [SK], [ryo]
"Never say never!" :)
Bence

Post by Bence »

compbatant wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:00 am
zilolo wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:23 am WHOA, did I just hear that right?

Forgotten Tales is coming over to APPLE DEVICES ! :o
Yes it is true. I always said that this will never happen and...I found technology which would help me with that :)
you compile your java code to objective-C, right?
"We are unity in diversity"
lvl 1006 mage
Bence

Post by Bence »

LostKnight wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:37 am YES!!!!!

Linux too! Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Way to go Compbatant!

Listen ... you hear it ... off in the distance, now I can smell something too ...

That's the sound and smell of Lord "White Dragon" Seth's fire breath making crispy critters out of bad people.

:mrgreen:
java applications can be runned on linux. actually, android is a linux version :)
"We are unity in diversity"
lvl 1006 mage
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Time for some comments that I have been holding back waiting to see if anyone will or might address them.

To date no one has, so with all due respect I continue.
compbatant wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:17 am There will be version for IPhones and IPads.
Version for Windows, Linux and MacOS
OK this is nice ... more devices more players, more $$ - BUT:

What about bug fixes?
Much more skins because in old engine some color schemes didn't work.
The last "premium skin" update was about a pure $$ fix for you ... BUT:

There were no bugs fixes and some are years old. A lot of people left the game.
And in the future ( I am not going to add it in 7.0 but later it will be possible with that new engine):
It will be possible to add day and night cycle in the Forgotten Tales World.
Option for choosing clan building colors different for each clan.
Scrollable full screen chat window
and many new things :)
These are nice but boil down to: Cosmetic fixes. BUT:

I still do not see any mention about bug fixes.

Like something to take care of afk'ers, scammers, people that are (still) duping levels, pets and high level items.
Working on new engine takes a lot of time. Please be patient. I will be more active on forum when I finish it. I focused completely on it.
I do like this game, I really do. That's why I said: So with all due respect I continue.

I wanted to help. I became a "tester" ... still have my character parked out of site, even if I log on just to check if he is still there, he is. So with that in mind:
vasinta wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:25 pm How long is testing going to take, and who is going to test the new version, if we may ask?
He is available any time you want him.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Bence wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:19 pm java applications can be runned on linux. actually, android is a linux version :)
I have been running Linux since 2007. I know about java and that Android is a locked down GUGLized version of Linux. It's nice yo know there will be a "native" Linux version. I hate "emulators"!
I was always AFK!
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

I also would like to congratulate both the combatant and Seth. Though I don't know too much about 7.0 but I do think there are more great things to come for ft. Auto clicking is one of the things I'm most concerned about. I've come up with a solution for auto clicking AFK and already given it to the Creator (he likes it)
But I'm still concerned about Auto clicking in PvP it's obviously a continuing abuse.
Wow I'm going off subject sorry again congratulations both combatants and Seth ^_^
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
vasinta

Post by vasinta »

LostKnight wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:27 pm I wanted to help. I became a "tester" ... still have my character parked out of site, even if I log on just to check if he is still there, he is. So with that in mind:
vasinta wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:25 pm How long is testing going to take, and who is going to test the new version, if we may ask?
This is very nice, LK, and I hope Compbatant will appreciate your offer.
In fact, you've been involved in a different kind of testing: it was a "New contents for the already existing game" testing.
Compbatant is here describing us a total rewriting of the game code and not only a new map with a few quests.
I would expect this v7 to require a separate server to run it for a while, with a certain number of people working at stressing it in order to spot problems, on all possible OS.
As much as FT has so many nice and helpful players, IMO this kind of extensive testing requires a professional team if one wants it to be done in a reasonable time span.
--
:popcorn: ardesia's other forum account
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

vasinta wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:47 am {snip}
[snip]
Then it boils down to: it's the thought that counts. :D
I was always AFK!
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

vasinta wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:47 am
LostKnight wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:27 pm I wanted to help. I became a "tester" ... still have my character parked out of site, even if I log on just to check if he is still there, he is. So with that in mind:
In fact, you've been involved in a different kind of testing: it was a "New contents for the already existing game" testing.
Compbatant is here describing us a total rewriting of the game code and not only a new map with a few quests.
I would expect this v7 to require a separate server to run it for a while, with a certain number of people working at stressing it in order to spot problems, on all possible OS.
As much as FT has so many nice and helpful players, IMO this kind of extensive testing requires a professional team if one wants it to be done in a reasonable time span.
maybe this time somebody could find a bug that increases billions of xp and make grow 1000 lv x day and won t be prosecuted as well :D :lol:
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Definitely looking forward to the Windows Platform :) Cheers to Comp for working on these features and my best regards to our new GM LordSeth :) Can't wait
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]