Server changes - 17.02.2019

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: Server changes - 17.02.2019

Post by LostKnight »

Actually if you think about it, our discussion of the topic is food for Compbatant's thoughts and his decision as to what he wants to do to protect his game.

Do not think a poll is necessary - JMHO.

Besides, again my opinion, ppl that use clickers will want a longer time. People that play and watch what's happening or "interact" with the game frequently will never see the AFK Check: X anyway.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

I meant not quite that, a poll with three options of 30,45 and 60 seconds which in any case will not give afk peace of mind.In order to choose the most convenient.
There ofc dont will have options like 3,4,5 minutes.
But in some way I agree with you.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

A large percentage of players do not have a forum account, any many who do are not overly active on the forum. Any kind of survey could be very biased one way or another.

Another thing to keep in mind is that not every change had to be for the benefit of high-level players. Just because someone is level 2k doesn't automatically make their opinion four times more important than that of a level 500 player. Game experience is one thing, but feeling more entitled is another. (I'll be very clear now that this isn't directed at anyone in particular or even inspired by anyone in particular.)

There could always be blended options as well. Take spawn restrictions and pop ups and look at things in between.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Sellsword is right.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

↑↑ ABSOLUTELY ↑↑ pointing to SellSword's post ↑↑

It's called brainstorming which is what I see this as. I am not taking anything personal nor taking offence of others opinions. Just getting ideas out there. It just might be a combination of "Alvin the Chipmunk's", "Donald Duck's" and "Fonzie's" ideas that get implimented.

If two heads are better that one, 10 or more have to come up with something pretty good.

And SellSword is right, it is a small percentage of players that read the forums and an even smaller percentage that partake in posting on the forum so not really covering the full spectrum of views possible.

ALSO we have to consider this is only the English side of the forum there is also: Deutsches Forum, Forum Français, Polskie Forum, Русский форум, Suomalainen Foorumi, Fórum Português, Foro Español & Forum Italiano to consider.

ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Ninja

:D
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

ryaca_ wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:05 am Ninja

:D
Yea, those guys are like lightning fast ... dead before you see them and you posted before I saw it.
I am always AFK!
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

I am a big supporter of the afk check. But as for respond time I believe 120 seconds-2 minutes is fare and if no response I suggest being ported to start map for every to see and report. Then punishment comes.

the reason for this is because some accused to be afk may actually be responding to a message or using the messenger app. I myself use this to prepare spawns for the small events I give out.

let's agree with the suggestion but not be so hasty. 🙂
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

I like LordSeth's idea-- Being teleported to start map to be embarrassed sounds great😁
I think 2 minutes is a bit much, but I do see your point (I also use messenger)
I believe the time can be tweaked if needed😁😁
Does life really get better?
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

LordSeth wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:35 am I am a big supporter of the afk check. But as for respond time I believe 120 seconds-2 minutes is fare and if no response I suggest being ported to start map for every to see and report. Then punishment comes.

the reason for this is because some accused to be afk may actually be responding to a message or using the messenger app. I myself use this to prepare spawns for the small events I give out.

let's agree with the suggestion but not be so hasty. 🙂
Well, when you think about it, there is a "5 minute" - afk (no activity) log out now ... so yes, 2 minutes I can understand. And the "responding to a message" bit would be me. Two finger typist on a RL keyboard, and a one finger (stylist) typist on the tablet so yea, long time in messages. 30 seconds would jail me, if it popped up just as I started a message! :D

I JUST CHANGED MY OPINION. :D

2 min 30 seconds maybe?

How fickle I am.
I am always AFK!