Sharing

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

ryaca_

Sharing

Post by ryaca_ »

A player argued with me at spawn saying the sharing rule doesn't specify that he could not share with his brother. He was wrong. It does state that.

Sharing accounts is treated under this rule, being considered as a zero-cost trade. A single login from another person, counts as sharing.

There you have it.
LostKnight

Re: Sharing

Post by LostKnight »

But they will still try!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Oh!!! I have just the previous post for this one Ryaca!!!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14532&p=101790#p101790

Let me know if that's who you were arguing with too! :D
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

SellSword wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:58 pm Oh!!! I have just the previous post for this one Ryaca!!!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14532&p=101790#p101790

Let me know if that's who you were arguing with too! :D
Yep that was him. :D
terminator

Post by terminator »

Does gifting an acct count as sharing? Quick definition

Gifting: Giving full title to the acct, no more access to it from gifter, fully from that point on, the recievee. this is not trading, buying, selling or sharing

Sharing: Two people using the same acct

From how I interpret the rules, gifting is allowed.
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

terminator wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:39 am Does gifting an acct count as sharing? Quick definition

Gifting: Giving full title to the acct, no more access to it from gifter, fully from that point on, the recievee. this is not trading, buying, selling or sharing

That counts as trading which is against the rules.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Two people can't use the same account at the same time though, so what one says is a gift looks like the start of sharing as well. Also, what's to say people sharing accounts don't say they're "gifting" one use at a time?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
terminator

Post by terminator »

ryaca_ wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:57 am
terminator wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:39 am Does gifting an acct count as sharing? Quick definition

That counts as trading which is against the rules.

Trading Definition
exchange (something) for something else, typically as a commercial transaction

Gifting means nothing was exchanged...It was purely granted
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
terminator

Post by terminator »

SellSword wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:00 am Two people can't use the same account at the same time though, so what one says is a gift looks like the start of sharing as well. Also, what's to say people sharing accounts don't say they're "gifting" one use at a time?
There is a singular IP after the "Gifting" was done. Im doing this purely for fun, I just want to interpret the rules in a way to find loopholes that will be resolved in the future making the game better, while being enjoyable to me. Win win :D

This brings up a gifting infinite cycle

If gifting was allowed (Not saying it is, but I shall continue to find plausible loop holes for its validity) you could potentially make an argument that sharing is actually gifting. You could give full ownership to one before each person logged on, as long as two IP addresses didnt share the same account at one time, this scenario could be considered a living gift, that is gifted back and fourth. Idk I am bored. Plausible scenario? :D
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Any trading accounts proposal in public chat can get you punished, and posting such proposals on the forum or the facebook group is not allowed.

Accounts found to be traded Before 2018 March the 5th are being punished under this system:
First violation --> (one month jailing) & (33% level reduction)
Second violation --> the guilty character is permanently jailed
Third violation --> all characters of the player are permanently jailed

Note 1 :: Shared accounts that are caught after March 5th 2018 treated under the rule GM DaHobbit updated on sharing/traiding accounts, being considered as a zero-cost trade. A single login proven to be from another person, counts as sharing