Sharing

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: Sharing

Post by LostKnight »

terminator wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:06 am {snip}
You could give full ownership to one before each person logged on, as long as two IP addresses didnt share the same account at one time, this scenario could be considered a living gift, that is gifted back and fourth. Idk I am bored. Plausible scenario? :D
As Sell said:
SellSword wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:00 am Two people can't use the same account at the same time though, so what one says is a gift looks like the start of sharing as well. Also, what's to say people sharing accounts don't say they're "gifting" one use at a time?
I cannot log on to the same account with two devices at the same time and I do NOT believe it has to do with IP address because I can log on multiple accounts on multiple devices with the same IP address. It has to do with "character_name" is logged on already.

SO:

Code: Select all

as long as two IP addresses didnt share the same account at one time
                                  ↑↑↑↑↑
No matter how you cut it, share is there!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

LostKnight wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:07 pm
terminator wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:06 am {snip}
You could give full ownership to one before each person logged on, as long as two IP addresses didnt share the same account at one time, this scenario could be considered a living gift, that is gifted back and fourth. Idk I am bored. Plausible scenario? :D
As Sell said:
SellSword wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:00 am Two people can't use the same account at the same time though, so what one says is a gift looks like the start of sharing as well. Also, what's to say people sharing accounts don't say they're "gifting" one use at a time?
I cannot log on to the same account with two devices at the same time and I do NOT believe it has to do with IP address because I can log on multiple accounts on multiple devices with the same IP address. It has to do with "character_name" is logged on already.

SO:

Code: Select all

as long as two IP addresses didnt share the same account at one time
                                  ↑↑↑↑↑
No matter how you cut it, share is there!
+1
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Or in simple language:

You create an account, you are the only person allowed to use that account. <- period!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

LostKnight wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:33 pm Or in simple language:

You create an account, you are the only person allowed to use that account. <- period!
I'm confused...why is this so hard for some people to understand???

+1 to LK's explanation!
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Given the way Terminator was wording it, the rules would still be violated. Giving it as a gift would STILL qualify as a "zero-cost trade", which is how sharing is considered. If anything, gifting it would qualify even more so on that definition.
I am kinda glad Term played "devil's advocate" on this, though. Remove all loopholes by discussing them.
Omnes Autem Uri
Leone

Post by Leone »

Agreed.
There is no room for doubt. The account is yours and yours only. No one else can use it.

Not family
Not friends
Not anyone else
Just you
And you alone

Quit FT? Then that character quits until you return.

Don't return? Then the character is gone forever.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

+1 to madmaniac and leone
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

The reason is simple for sharing/traiding/gifting accounts being forbidden and now strictly enforced. The player that creates the account has the email set on the account. If this player sells/trades/gifts This account to another player and this player spends alot of time leveling this account and working the skills or spends alot of money on the account, say 1 day the holder of the email gets upset with the player or gets jealous or just wants to be greedy can in a matter of minutes take the account back then the player has been robbed of time and possably money and there is nothing he can do about it.

This if forbidden to allow this for the players strictly because of the players. Some are honest and never would do another wrong but how can anyone be 100% positive of that?
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
srle0nida$

Post by srle0nida$ »

Is it violation that I log my account into another phone? For example: my cell phone spoils and I use a friend's cell phone to play
Who has been on the throne, knows how to get back!

SrLe0nidaS - 5000
SixthMage - 1500
cello117

Post by cello117 »

Of course not, but dont save password in phone you friend
Cello 2,4k

MarBow

KoT