Forgotten Tales MMORPG 7 released!

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: Forgotten Tales MMORPG 7 released!

Post by SellSword »

ryaca_ wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:36 pm
Lestat wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:12 pm Just curious about the screen timeout issue... I keep mine set at 10 min, just so my phone don't shut off while I grab a drink, smoke, bathroom... If screen timeout,is because of no touch(activity)....wouldnt this b an AFK issue more than a bug?
Yes. AFK is against the rules.
Completely agree, of course. The problem is that you can get kicked after 30 seconds or whatever your phone settings are. I don't see the extremely short times (which can vary from player to player) being an AFK issue.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Humble_M wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:03 pm
Mr_Maks wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:40 pm A new hp strip under the minimap can be good for all classes except mage,he has very low hp then other classes,because looking at two points when grinding or PVP when you have a very small amount of HP you need to literally look at the character and the strip hp at the same time, but they are far enough from each other, which creates this problem.
I've gotten used to looking under the mini-map for my mage's HP count. However, I do have an issue that the HP bar is above the mana bar! These were reversed in previous releases.
Yes, on grinding you can get used to it, but looking both ways in PVP I think it will be too difficult, even if you are used to it, you have to watch every step and at the same time control your level of health.
I always know what I'm talking about.If it will be difficult even for me, little mages exactly will not be able to cope with it.
Agnieszka

Post by Agnieszka »

Ok, curiosity - ciekawość

I have tablet Orava VP74 :roll:
"Agnieszka/Anezka" from the Czech side, with unresolved Silesian ancestor -> czeski kątek/böhmischer winkel
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Mr_Maks wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:22 pm Yes, on grinding you can get used to it, but looking both ways in PVP I think it will be too difficult, even if you are used to it, you have to watch every step and at the same time control your level of health.
I always know what I'm talking about.If it will be difficult even for me, little mages exactly will not be able to cope with it.
Fairies/mages will get use to it.

New fairies/mages starting fresh with a newly downloaded FT v7 at Map 0.0 level 0 will never know the difference.

A person born blind is not handicapped in his mind. Her/his other sense take over and are enhanced.
S/he learns over time that there is a "sense" s/he does not have that others do, but for her/him, everything is normal.

A person grows (develops) and at age/version 14 they go blind
... life is difficult, they have to learn to live with it. They know colours, darkness and light, they miss it.

I remember a friend I was driving home, he had just gone blind over a 2 years span, "Turn left at the next street!"
"What! You're blind how do you know?"
"Trust me" - and he was right too!

A game develops, things change
... You know the differences, learn to play the new system. It will soon be very normal to you

And just as it does ... along comes FT v8 .... and we all start over again!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Agnieszka wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:46 pm Ok, curiosity - ciekawość

I have tablet Orava VP74 :roll:
This problem?

see this post for an answer

Compbatant assures us that have OpenGL SE 2.0 that FT v6 will remain online.
Compbatant wrote:But don't worry you will still be able use to FT 6. This version will not disappear from market.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Lestat wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:12 pm Just curious about the screen timeout issue... I keep mine set at 10 min, just so my phone don't shut off while I grab a drink, smoke, bathroom... If screen timeout,is because of no touch(activity)....wouldnt this b an AFK issue more than a bug?
Agreed, but when I checked my phone settings the timeout was set to 30 seconds! My character was still fighting mobs at this time, so certainly not AFK.

Solution? I've reset timeout to 5 minutes. I suppose I could increase to 10 if necessary.
Rothost

Post by Rothost »

SellSword wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:21 pm
ryaca_ wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:36 pm
Yes. AFK is against the rules.
Completely agree, of course. The problem is that you can get kicked after 30 seconds or whatever your phone settings are. I don't see the extremely short times (which can vary from player to player) being an AFK issue.
I usually have mine set to 30 seconds due to having to set my phone down in the middle of looking at it for work...if ur screen shuts down that quickly u can b accused of auto clicking because u have to tap the screen to keep it on OR change ur settings anytime u want to play
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

I just uploaded FT 7.0.8. Most of the problems you reported should be fixed now (except covered sometimes hp bars).
I forget before to add importing login and password from FT 6. Now it will import automatically if you didn't enter it manually already.
If no other problems appear then I will try to improve text input in the the next version.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

@LostKnight
I do not insist on my opinion if this is the only possible solution with a strip of hp.I am writing this only to find a way to correct the current mistake and if it possible,return to what it was.Do not be so taken seriously,always need try to improve something also like in real life.No need to stay in place need to develop opportunities.
Rothost

Post by Rothost »

Yay, I'm a normal size chopper that doesn't log out after a couple swings...THANK YOU