Individual sandbox map

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

compbatant
Site Admin

Individual sandbox map

Post by compbatant »

I removed sandbox map 4.-2 which was available for all and now you can create your own map which is accessible only by you (or GM).
To create your own map you need to be at starting map which is map 0.0 and have level at least 50. I added these conditions to prevent abuses.
Enter in chat window this command to create your own map:
/createmymap
Now you can go there using command:
/gotomymap
To go back to map 0.0 use the same command.
To start editing map use this:
/e
or press tabulator key if you are using PC client.

The created map has standard size. Later I will add option for defining map size and default background.
At this moment you can create only one map per account maybe later I will increase this limit. I am thinking also about
option for giving access to other players to our map.
If the map will be good then I will add it to the game. I am going to improve map editor to support adding portals, signs, monsters, etc.
compbatant
Site Admin

Re: Individual sandbox map

Post by compbatant »

I disabled it because I had to restore old server code because problems of clan maps after recent changes. I will work on it tomorrow.
guafk

Post by guafk »

I can't log on to my org, I got into my map yesterday, got offline, and now I'm back when I try to get into the game.my sword too
Industry is good at diligence, waste in play; action in thinking, destroyed in following。
g.jibladze

Post by g.jibladze »

cool. and how we can make NPC? or how we can tell u our ideas. example if we will can make dialogue window like talking NPC,we can show everyone what is idea of our map.
g-jibladze mage lvl 5400-600
IronHulk dwarf lvl 620
GIO1 sword lvl 136
GIO2 mage lvl 50
GIO3 ogre lvl 75
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

I fixed bug and enabled this new server code again. So you can work now on your maps :)
g.jibladze

Post by g.jibladze »

every time when i doing lags my map getting empty. :D
g-jibladze mage lvl 5400-600
IronHulk dwarf lvl 620
GIO1 sword lvl 136
GIO2 mage lvl 50
GIO3 ogre lvl 75
generous11

Post by generous11 »

I have many suggestions here if you master compbatant could make them available:

1- map screenshot: when we edit on all the map and finish it, we use this tab to screenshot the whole map to send it to your email.
2- make zooms bigger.
3- add NPCs and enemies command in editing so if we want to make quests to know where will the npc spawn, or to make enemies spawn so more visible to know where.

thank you in advance.
best regards.
super arch.
super arch "1227"
super axe "111"
generous11 "110"
super club "178"
super sord "84"

Clans: [SK], [ryo]
"Never say never!" :)
Leone

Post by Leone »

compbatant wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:56 pm

The created map has standard size. Later I will add option for defining map size and default background.
At this moment you can create only one map per account maybe later I will increase this limit. I am thinking also about
option for giving access to other players to our map.
If the map will be good then I will add it to the game. I am going to improve map editor to support adding portals, signs, monsters, etc.
It looks like comp has already planned the ideas you requested.
terminator

Post by terminator »

Would be cool to have the signs, portals etc be interactive. Also a make a quest option, though if it requires more then one map, it wouldnt work. Idk, I just feel like a lotta new maps with quests could be made through this ^^.
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

compbatant wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:56 pm I removed sandbox map 4.-2 which was available for all and now you can create your own map which is accessible only by you (or GM).
This doesn't really seem to be correct. It is possible for you to go over to the next map and you can see other players too. I accidentally found myself on the next map over, said hi to DwarfTank, and went back to my own map.

Then someone came to "my" map. It was a friend's low level alt and he jokingly attacked me. He wasn't doing anything, but getting a pop-up message that I've been attacked by someone suggests PvP is active.

Then my friend started adding things to "my" map. I wasn't doing anything and he cleaned up his stuff, but apparently someone can just start adding things while you're creating? Not everyone would be nice about it.

There appears to be a bit of a flaw with how this is all working.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.