OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
madmaniacal1

Re: AFK Check Pop-Up

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Lestat wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:15 am It would be very hard to get thru this as most all 3rd party apps must be turned on before log in. It would however require a video option if admins would want to allow video streaming/recording
I mentioned this to comp recently, and he responded that "3rd party checkers would only work on Android, which would not be effective given the new platforms (PC, IOS). Also, detecting them requires certain permissions which would discourage new players who suspect such things of malicious intent."
All in all, i remain of the opinion that behavior pattern recognition protocols MUST be added to the server of botting is ever to be curbed.
Omnes Autem Uri
terminator

Post by terminator »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:57 am
Lestat wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:15 am It would be very hard to get thru this as most all 3rd party apps must be turned on before log in. It would however require a video option if admins would want to allow video streaming/recording
I mentioned this to comp recently, and he responded that "3rd party checkers would only work on Android, which would not be effective given the new platforms (PC, IOS). Also, detecting them requires certain permissions which would discourage new players who suspect such things of malicious intent."
All in all, i remain of the opinion that behavior pattern recognition protocols MUST be added to the server of botting is ever to be curbed.
Randomness clickers destroy pattern recognizition......just saying
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

That depends on what is being randomized. The same clicks at different intervals could still be detected, depending on the software.
Omnes Autem Uri
terminator

Post by terminator »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:05 am That depends on what is being randomized. The same clicks at different intervals could still be detected, depending on the software.
Not really, only a ding ding 3rd party checker could tell. If you had both implemented it works well. I just feel that the afk checker is unnecessary stress easily solved by 2 passive things
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
Rothost

Post by Rothost »

OMG Does no one remember???An AFK Check was placed in a beta test on Nov 8 2018...And a few of my friends left game until i told them it was only in beta version...they then proceeded to leave beta tester program....it was removed a couple days later, before game implementation. So now it is tried again after it has already failed once? It is almost identical system but different message, but also this time with the threat of jailing...good work making people afraid to play the game for fear of losing their accts...fb message - oh cant talk to other players thru that, game will jail me...chopping/mining/fishing can't walk to go pee, pop up will come and i will get jailed. Do me a favor check the number of beta users that dropped in Nov 2018. I ask you is it worth that many people leaving game?
terminator

Post by terminator »

Rothost wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:12 am OMG Does no one remember???An AFK Check was placed in a beta test on Nov 8 2018...And a few of my friends left game until i told them it was only in beta version...they then proceeded to leave beta tester program....it was removed a couple days later, before game implementation. So now it is tried again after it has already failed once? It is almost identical system but different message, but also this time with the threat of jailing...good work making people afraid to play the game for fear of losing their accts...fb message - oh cant talk to other players thru that, game will jail me...chopping/mining/fishing can't walk to go pee, pop up will come and i will get jailed. Do me a favor check the number of beta users that dropped in Nov 2018. I ask you is it worth that many people leaving game?
Ties back into punishment of all, to remove the dumb and lazy. The semi smart will stay (Those the ones who are the main issue because they have evaded everything)
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

How about adding party function, and group chats, this might discourage autoclickers/AFK. It would definitely make the game feel more social. And TBH I don't think AFK is the main problem...after all AFK can be killed and removed from an area.. autoclickers however will find a way around this popup. And I'm pretty sure 3rd party blockers can be used on platforms other than Android, you just can't use the same ones on all three platforms. And if it requires added permission so be it...they allow FB to turn on their mic and camera,search their phone logs,etc. I'm sure if they are serious about playing FT a few more permissions won't be a problem
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Hate to play devil's advocate again but:

Technically there is already group chat, join a clan.

There's also group party, just grind a mob together with friends. XP is shared based on % dmg you do, and if for some reason it ain't (like I thought it was) it should be.

I know it's not what you mean, but technically both of them ARE already implemented into the game. They're just not very effective at encouraging group gameplay due to their mechanics.

As far as the checker itself goes:

I know games that have been fighting botting for decades. I've always hated bots (What most refer to as AFK/autoclick here) and sharing/trading accounts more than anything in any MMO (Thank you for finally cracking down on trading/sharing, was very nice to come back to but you missed a few) but short of developing a complex behavior recognition system that doesn't always work 100% there's not much you can do that won't severely hinder most of your playerbase.

I'm not saying it's pointless/horrible like most are. Every time new methods / coding are implemented to combat botting there are people caught and punished. I'm just saying this is gonna be a long and hard road to go down that (most likely) will never see the end because every time it happens there will be someone else that keeps trying to get away with it. The current level of botting software out there for games would make this new AFK checker seem like a blade of grass in place of a speedbump.

I already know it's gonna get me now and then; I can easily spend a few minutes in the friends list window sending out one response over a few messages because the character limit is so small, check the forum for posts, or even check messenger. Just gotta make do with what ya got and learn how to deal with the changes.

If it's an offence for me lazily grind (not bot, can only grind lazily for 5 mins without touching anything before log out) in an AFK combat oriented game whilst working, socializing, browsing interwebz, or even watching a movie/tv show then for sure this ain't the game for me anymore.

I wish more people just played the game (any game in general) rather than try to find every single possible way to have everything handed to them like they're a bunch of inept newborn kittens freshly popped out from dey Mama looking for some milk and cryin' cuz they can't find the teat just a couple inches from their face.

Then we wouldn't even have to worry about any of this.
merisajan

Post by merisajan »

؟؟Afk??
🤔🤔🤔🤔
I'm always worried about new things
It doesn't make the game good its make any worse
Less xp monsters
Less mony for item
We can not send emoji
Now Every hour, come check that we are in the game?
Too bad
I go out with Bad Internet every few minutes and it makes things worse for me
But im play Because I have no other choice
😒😕🙁
Active account 👇
Meri(axe)
Meri inred (mage) :mrgreen:
Danada ( bow) :lol:
Squirrelso (ogre) :D
Cherry (ogre) :)
Adre9aline (ogre) ;)
Bank account 👇