Post by proto_nuke »

chomp chomp chomp
Ryaca_1
madmaniacal1

Re: AFK Check Pop-Up

Post by madmaniacal1 »

LostKnight wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:59 am
SellSword wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:16 am {snip}
Anyone want to weigh in on the functions and limits of their clicker programs?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Why am I laughing, it just might happen.
As a former (kicked in disgrace) GM, and also a (unofficial) bug/mechanics abuse tester, i have looked into several programs and apps on the subject. Believe me, this new mechanic will only weed out the dumber/lazier of the autoclickers in FT. Then again, that's likely a good portion of them.
Until behavioral-pattern-analysis protocols are added to FT, botting will continue.
Omnes Autem Uri
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Considering the pop-up appears at the same time for all , and many autoclickers dual log...this will only weed out single device AFK autoclickers.. those that dual log will just tap their second,third,etc devices and continue until next check
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
terminator

Post by terminator »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:20 am
LostKnight wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:59 am
SellSword wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:16 am {snip}
Anyone want to weigh in on the functions and limits of their clicker programs?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Why am I laughing, it just might happen.
As a former (kicked in disgrace) GM, and also a (unofficial) bug/mechanics abuse tester, i have looked into several programs and apps on the subject. Believe me, this new mechanic will only weed out the dumber/lazier of the autoclickers in FT. Then again, that's likely a good portion of them.
Until behavioral-pattern-analysis protocols are added to FT, botting will continue.

Wouldnt matter mad, there is always a way around this. The dumb and lazy will be removed, the semi smart will stay, and the rest will be punished. There is programs that can beat recaptcha (behaviorual analysis). Is literaly nothing you can do to stop it, even with a background checker, could just use a physical clicker. Goes back to the debate of, should you punish all to remove the dumb and lazy? <<<<<<<<We should rename all this ranting to that.

I ask the debators of this thread this question. Do you want to have less freedom, in order to see a dumb/lazy cheater removed, knowing full well that the dumb and lazy will adapt to this, requiring even more drastic measures which causes the cycle to continue until you have no more freedom, while the semi smart will remain unaffected?
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

I will say it like I have many times over the years, there are many games that will not load if a third party program is running. It will tell you that you CANNOT log in until the app is closed...with all the NEW coding being added, why can this not be introduced into FT ? I played a game that when on emulator on laptop would still play, but using programs( BlueStacks,memu,etc)with cheats built in it was refused..if we want these issues gone, this is how you go about it.. not with pop-ups that can be timed, or with people making reports to a limited gm staff
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
terminator

Post by terminator »

Lestat wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:08 am I will say it like I have many times over the years, there are many games that will not load if a third party program is running. It will tell you that you CANNOT log in until the app is closed...with all the NEW coding being added, why can this not be introduced into FT ? I played a game that when on emulator on laptop would still play, but using programs( BlueStacks,memu,etc)with cheats built in it was refused..if we want these issues gone, this is how you go about it.. not with pop-ups that can be timed, or with people making reports to a limited gm staff
Is ways around this, my question is still valid in this scenerio. However i am extremly pro this idea. So much less stressful for the player in my opinion lol
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

It would be very hard to get thru this as most all 3rd party apps must be turned on before log in. It would however require a video option if admins would want to allow video streaming/recording
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
terminator

Post by terminator »

I guess the biggest thing i have against this is that it is mainly for autoclickers. It asks everyone if they are afk, not autoclicking. I would much rather have the 3rd party checker for autoclicker then to punish everyone that might just be an unlucky afk for a few secs
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

I agree to a point.. I think if autoclickers were removed, AFK wouldn't be much of an issue...who cares if the guy seigeing is AFK, you can kill them...same with AFK grinders...they aren't paying attention...kill them...I still think some cases of dual logging is still pushing limits as it does give advantages over people with one device. But I have solutions to some of those problems also.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
terminator

Post by terminator »

Lestat wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:29 am I agree to a point.. I think if autoclickers were removed, AFK wouldn't be much of an issue...who cares if the guy seigeing is AFK, you can kill them...same with AFK grinders...they aren't paying attention...kill them...I still think some cases of dual logging is still pushing limits as it does give advantages over people with one device. But I have solutions to some of those problems also.
Yup, i think we need slogan, "No afk checker, Promote group grinding (will naturally reduce afk), Enable 3rd party background checker!!!"

+1 if you agree
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf