AFK Check Pop-Up

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

proto_nuke

Re: AFK Check Pop-Up

Post by proto_nuke »

AFK checker doesn't need to be changed or tweaked at all. All these unsound concerns and fears are not based in reality.
Ryaca_1
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

proto_nuke wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:57 pm AFK checker doesn't need to be changed or tweaked at all. All these unsound concerns and fears are not based in reality.
Nuke is correct. If you look away from your screen for a minute, not clicking anything, not grinding, and miss the popup, guess what... You were only AFK! THAT'S NOT A RULE BREAK, AND YOU WON'T GET JAILED. Unless you were trying to afk grind, skill, or siege, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR.

How many times must players be told this?
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Well, I got caught twice today :D

Fishing at M0.0 ... OH email, open and a few PMs and links to posts all the hot subject of today. Meant to look and close FT, got involved OOPS! missed the check.

Same thing happened twice. My forgetter ya know. However, third time I see "You've go mail" I closed the window first.

Dumb move on my part. Would not do that if grinding why would I even consider not closing game while fishing? DUH!

Looking up top right corner now: 3PM and 5 new posts ... see... :D
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:31 pm
proto_nuke wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:57 pm AFK checker doesn't need to be changed or tweaked at all. All these unsound concerns and fears are not based in reality.
Nuke is correct. If you look away from your screen for a minute, not clicking anything, not grinding, and miss the popup, guess what... You were only AFK! THAT'S NOT A RULE BREAK, AND YOU WON'T GET JAILED. Unless you were trying to afk grind, skill, or siege, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR.

MM - I cannot find the original post that confirms what you're quite rightly saying, and believe me I've tried. It might be useful to include that in this thread.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Leone wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:12 pm
madmaniacal1 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:31 pm

MM - I cannot find the original post that confirms what you're quite rightly saying, and believe me I've tried. It might be useful to include that in this thread.
Rule 13.
Playing AFK with pets
Read this rule (click "Show") -->: Hide
Playing "AFK" (Away From Keyboard, i.e. not paying attention to the game and its events, even if for a short time) has generally not been against the rules, but the game has improved enough that playing AFK can be abusive towards the game and other players. Many players purchase pets that are much more powerful than certain spawn on various maps. These players will then park their pets, create an auto spawn, and then go AFK. This type of play is considered abuse of the game for several reasons. Therefore, playing AFK in this manner will result in punishment.

Not sure if this is exactly what you were referring to, but as far as I've always understood the AFK rule it only really applies when grinding pets truly AFK. Not just lazy grinding, look away for a minute to do email, chat, something irl that can just take your attention away for a minute... etc.

The rule is targeted more towards those that make auto spawn and then basically minimize window/set device to the side. The auto log-out feature after 5 mins was to help against those that didn't "Bot" (autoclick) persay, but just the ones that park pets and leave device alone for hours.

Now the AFK-Check is to help against those that DO bot, forcing some sort of manual input randomly once every hour-ish.

As I (and others) have said, if you don't do either of these then you have absolutely nothing to worry about, even if you do happen to get caught by the popup.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Cashew is relatively correct regarding Afk
In the original post of this thread, made by Lord Seth, he made mention of manual checks of the logs to verify afk grind/etc (especially autoclicking). Approximately the middle of the post, paragraph starts off talking about the 30 sec timer.
Omnes Autem Uri
Leone

Post by Leone »

I've found it. I'm sorry to both of you that I wasn't clear what I meant. It was the original forum message about the 5 min Auto logout.

Here it is - from 2017 no less. The rule has been in place since then. The game will automatically log you out if you are inactive for 5 minutes... with no punishment.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14705&hilit=5+minute

Hopefully, this will support everyone who has quite rightly pointed this out in this thread.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Leone wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:29 pm I've found it. I'm sorry to both of you that I wasn't clear what I meant. It was the original forum message about the 5 min Auto logout.

Here it is - from 2017 no less. The rule has been in place since then. The game will automatically log you out if you are inactive for 5 minutes... with no punishment.

Hopefully, this will support everyone who has quite rightly pointed this out in this thread.
Ohhhh, yeah I got logged a time or two myself when that first came around. Not for being afk, but just used having to tap anything every 5 mins when nobody online to talk to. I quickly got used to it just like I'm getting used to the AFK pop up. It's really not that big of a deal, it could be even more annoying like some sort of Captcha or math problem etc.

It's just a single tap and if you miss it no big deal just log back in.

ONLY if you know you break the rules either via botting/autoclick/whatever or always play AFK which results in frequently missing the Popup should you have anything to worry about. I consider "AFK" gameplay tapping once every few minutes just to prevent the auto-logout, but never actually paying any real attention to your character.

Of course I have no authority on this rule, it's just how I've always interpreted it. Anyone please feel free to correct me if I have that wrong.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Cashew wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:30 pm
Leone wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:29 pm I've found it. I'm sorry to both of you that I wasn't clear what I meant. It was the original forum message about the 5 min Auto logout.

Ohhhh, yeah I got logged a time or two myself when that first came around. Not for being afk, but just used having to tap anything every 5 mins when nobody online to talk to. I quickly got used to it just like I'm getting used to the AFK pop up. It's really not that big of a deal, it could be even more annoying like some sort of Captcha or math problem etc.

It's just a single tap and if you miss it no big deal just log back in.

ONLY if you know you break the rules either via botting/autoclick/whatever or always play AFK which results in frequently missing the Popup should you have anything to worry about. I consider "AFK" gameplay tapping once every few minutes just to prevent the auto-logout, but never actually paying any real attention to your character.

Of course I have no authority on this rule, it's just how I've always interpreted it. Anyone please feel free to correct me if I have that wrong.
Nope. As a former GM, i can verify that you are correct regarding "afk gameplay". Tbh, not looking at the screen and just tapping every-so-often to prevent logout borders on autoclicking, even if your finger is the one tapping. At the least, it would be a rule 8 abuse (bypassing game mechanics of automatic afk logout). This popup will prevent such.
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

You know what doesn't stop the auto-logout ... Try rearranging 100+ items in your house transferring some top bag and back again to get things in order.

I have had it happen a few times as I craft and want to rearrange the meteor/souls I picked up from mining and the odd ore I have on different pages.

Every now and again I see:
(X)

Always confused me because I am constantly clicking on things. :(
Meant to bring it up before but, well, here it is.

Have not had the "Are you there" show up yet though.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.