New AFK checker concerns.

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

DwarfTank

Re: New AFK checker concerns.

Post by DwarfTank »

compbatant wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:10 am
DwarfTank wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:54 am
compbatant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:14 pm I disabled auto jail until I improve it and remove all problems. Thx for report.
If auto jail is added again, will you also be setting auto release from jail as well?
There is new command for GM for putting account to jail for certain number of days and the player will be auto released from it after that time.
awesome, my days of being jailed are long behind me though and I don't plan on being jailed, but for those that may be jailed in the future, auto release from jail is a great addition. I remember spending much more time in jail than initially assigned as result of not being released because of there being no active or less active GMs to release from jail.
DwarfTank-lvl2093(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2608
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

DwarfTank in jail!!! IMPOSSIBLE to fathom such a thing.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

DwarfTank wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:30 pm
DwarfTank wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:54 am

If auto jail is added again, will you also be setting auto release from jail as well?
There is new command for GM for putting account to jail for certain number of days and the player will be auto released from it after that time.
awesome, my days of being jailed are long behind me though and I don't plan on being jailed, but for those that may be jailed in the future, auto release from jail is a great addition. I remember spending much more time in jail than initially assigned as result of not being released because of there being no active or less active GMs to release from jail.
I was said to be jaild for 1 month but I was more than 7+ months.
Glad that automatically get released is added.
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

LostKnight wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:16 am DwarfTank in jail!!! IMPOSSIBLE to fathom such a thing.
DwarfTank has indeed served hard time, it had to be done honestly to get some changes we were all at the time desperately trying to get implemented, my time was served for the betterment of all of Forgotten Tales, great sacrifice it was, but all are better for it.

Thanks for your continued support LostKnight.
ShadowHood-lvl2608
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

Barkley wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:25 am
DwarfTank wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:30 pm

I was said to be jaild for 1 month but I was more than 7+ months.
Glad that automatically get released is added.
as am I, and I believe others are too indeed.
ShadowHood-lvl2608
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

DwarfTank wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:35 pm
LostKnight wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:16 amDwarfTank in jail!!! IMPOSSIBLE to fathom such a thing.
DwarfTank has indeed served hard time, it had to be done honestly to get some changes we were all at the time desperately trying to get implemented, my time was served for the betterment of all of Forgotten Tales, great sacrifice it was, but all are better for it.

Thanks for your continued support LostKnight.
Well, even without details, my esteem for you just jumped 10 fold.
I see no benefit of you lying about that as others, that know the full story, would rake you over the coals for doing so.

KUDOS! for doing what you deemed necessary!
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

My alt recieved auto checker many times and has always tapped the check mark. The last time auto checker appeared i went to tap check and my finger hit the back button on my android device. The Auto Clicker believes I was AFK, but I was not. I have been warned. Guess I better not make the innocent mistake of hitting the back button trying to tap this automaton. Get rid of auto checker, this is ridiculous..

There has to be a better way! : :oops: /b]
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Just last night I had an afk check. I was moving with my phone and accidentally rotated the screen which caused it to go away. I received no warning (I have done that a time or two before, so who knows), but would hate if those types of things count. I've wondered about the "back" or "home" buttons as well, but if exiting the game without a proper check is counted against you...
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

I've had a similar event. I was checking my pack when an afk check came up just as I
switched to the game screen and the afk check was gone. I don't know now if this will count against
me as being afk.
Leone

Post by Leone »

The issues highlighted in the previous three posts are problems with the mechanics of the AFK / Are you there? check.

Let's not lose sight of the concept why it was introduced in the first place. The game has suffered tremendously from afk auto clickers in the past - both players who play honestly and GMs who had to devote so much of their time trying to enforce the no-AFK rule.

The AFK / Are you there? check was therefore introduced with the best of intentions and I'm a huge fan of it. Now sure there may well be problems with the mechanics, but I would hate to see the feature removed and have a return to how things used to be.