New AFK checker concerns.

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

CharlesWalker

New AFK checker concerns.

Post by CharlesWalker »

Hello to all. I have some serious concerns regarding the new "AFK" checker. In just 3 1/2 hours of play time today I was checked 4 times! The First time was no biggie, I was just levelling at the Ghost Orcs and I acknowledged the message.."Are You There"? I am quite concerned about the next 3 checks however. I was playing my mage and was checked while I in a conversation with another player! Then again when a PvP'r was attacking me! And lastly while I was heavily engaged with 6 Experienced Club Stans. The last check was the most annoying because it wouldn't even let me acknowledge the message. I am an honest player. Many people know my characters Fenris and Finney and I guarantee I have never played AFK or "clicked". Is everyone being checked this often? :roll:
Sincerely, Fenris and Finney.
Leone

Re: New AFK checker concerns.

Post by Leone »

The checks are once per hour, so 4 in 3 1/2 hours is right.
terminator

Post by terminator »

CharlesWalker wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:27 pm Hello to all. I have some serious concerns regarding the new "AFK" checker. In just 3 1/2 hours of play time today I was checked 4 times! The First time was no biggie, I was just levelling at the Ghost Orcs and I acknowledged the message.."Are You There"? I am quite concerned about the next 3 checks however. I was playing my mage and was checked while I in a conversation with another player! Then again when a PvP'r was attacking me! And lastly while I was heavily engaged with 6 Experienced Club Stans. The last check was the most annoying because it wouldn't even let me acknowledge the message. I am an honest player. Many people know my characters Fenris and Finney and I guarantee I have never played AFK or "clicked". Is everyone being checked this often? :roll:
Is once per hour. But Perhaps the suggestion of good players only be checked once a day could be thought of! :)
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

It is what it is.
Ryaca_1
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

terminator wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:24 am Is once per hour. But Perhaps the suggestion of good players only be checked once a day could be thought of! :)
I assume I fall in the "he'll have to do" category, but I think this would be a pain. Either everyone would have to start at the same point or staff would have to comb through players and rate them somehow. And could you imagine the hurt feelings? :lol:

Really, if it's random every hour that would be close enough to the average time in between checks too. I don't think that's too much.

Concerns about how the check may impact other things? That is a legitimate issue potentially, but I haven't come across anything that would be an issue for me so far. That's not the same as me saying it's not an issue, but just based on my own experience.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
terminator

Post by terminator »

CharlesWalker wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:27 pm Is everyone being checked this often? :roll:
Dont worry is only 8760 Checks a year
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

CharlesWalker wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:27 pm Hello to all. I have some serious concerns regarding the new "AFK" checker. In just 3 1/2 hours of play time today I was checked 4 times! The First time was no biggie, I was just levelling at the Ghost Orcs and I acknowledged the message.."Are You There"? I am quite concerned about the next 3 checks however. I was playing my mage and was checked while I in a conversation with another player! Then again when a PvP'r was attacking me! And lastly while I was heavily engaged with 6 Experienced Club Stans. The last check was the most annoying because it wouldn't even let me acknowledge the message. I am an honest player. Many people know my characters Fenris and Finney and I guarantee I have never played AFK or "clicked". Is everyone being checked this often? :roll:
HOLD ON HERE!!!!

I think people have missed something VERY IMPORTANT. The highlighted part in Finney's post.

NOT being able to "click" to acknowledge the AFK check is a BUG with potential dire consequences!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

That's why I include that I'm limited to my personal observations.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Personally I have no problems with it, once an hour is nothing.

I've been in combat, fishing, mining, and doing nothing and not once have I been unable to check the box.

I play on multiple instances and when the check pops up it usually pops up on all of them so I do have that benefit if I'm in a message I have a better chance of acknowledging the check and not missing it.

If it really is a bug where you can't dismiss the afk checker then yeah it needs to be fixed, but personally I haven't experienced any problems and have yet to be unable to click when it pops up even running several accounts.

Just don't look away too much or you'll miss it and get put on the naughty list meow ;)
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

Just report it if you are unable to check the green check mark.
Ryaca_1