New Formula For Players Over Level 3377

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

proto_nuke

Re: New Formula For Players Over Level 3377

Post by proto_nuke »

Cashew wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:00 am
proto_nuke wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:24 am If you really had a lot of money you would spend it. You are not financially destitute but you are far from rich.

I've spent over $4k and I still have tons of money in the bank. I don't notice the money that i spent. it doesn't affect me. I've spent $3k on tattoos in the last year and i didn't even notice.

Some don't wanna spend money on principle though meow ;)

Idk how much I've spent (never bothered to count/add it up) but now there's no need (stocked up on pets when first became an item) nor willingness to do so (too many bugs/balancing issues with little/no effort to fix) and players spending money doesn't encourage fixes so why spend more?

That's just my opinion anyways. Only thing left for me is to buy levels and that ain't gonna happen. You can't expect people to drop $5-$10k on a broken product. That's like buying a lemon at a car dealership. I'll pass.
Who said anything about dropping $10k?

I will say that not spending on principle means no support for the game so I can't agree with the principle part. People should be willing to spend money on something they like and enjoy.

Now you're talking. I like the way you think.

You are right though. What you were talking about. I think you used the word broken.
Ryaca_1
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

On the other hand I could be making it all up and really be broke :D
Ryaca_1
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Well now...time to put in my 2$..... This is crazy, yes something needed done, but the more I think about it, the more this bugs me..

We have slowed down leveling for anyone over 3377...as of now that only affects a mid % of players, but it also benefits those already too high for most to even achieve. Now 10k will never be realistic to grind too...bought yes, so now this game caters to the rich(or more prosperous if you prefer) that can afford the money to gain levels. This will reduce pet sales( what's the use if only gaining half exp at lvl 5k ?) And will make AFK/botting more a necessity for those that actually have real lives(how else can they level ?)

Will this cause 10k ups from leveling? ( Possibly, because who can grind to their level now?) So they now have more time to seige away at any clans/ maps they want( whose gonna defend if they need to grind 3hrs for a level ?) Can anyone reach their levels? Yes,(but only by buying their way there) but again those that can buy levels to this extent have to be competitive..

3-4 yrs ago when white arch bought his way to 5k(along with jm,Kevin and few others) and started killing everyone they could we players asked for a level cap..we were ignored. When these people reached 7k we asked for a way to slow their exp gain(instead we were given the choice to buy pets) this helped some but not all.

So basically we are now putting a band-aid on a bullet holes..cutting off our nose to spite our face... Shooting ourselves in the foot...however you want to say it..

Yes ingame purchases help to make the game advance, but what happens when the game stops advancing ? There is no longer any point to make purchases...players will soon drop off , and without players, there is no game..
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

Lestat wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:46 am Well now...time to put in my 2$..... This is crazy, yes something needed done, but the more I think about it, the more this bugs me..

We have slowed down leveling for anyone over 3377...as of now that only affects a mid % of players, but it also benefits those already too high for most to even achieve. Now 10k will never be realistic to grind too...bought yes, so now this game caters to the rich(or more prosperous if you prefer) that can afford the money to gain levels. This will reduce pet sales( what's the use if only gaining half exp at lvl 5k ?) And will make AFK/botting more a necessity for those that actually have real lives(how else can they level ?)

Will this cause 10k ups from leveling? ( Possibly, because who can grind to their level now?) So they now have more time to seige away at any clans/ maps they want( whose gonna defend if they need to grind 3hrs for a level ?) Can anyone reach their levels? Yes,(but only by buying their way there) but again those that can buy levels to this extent have to be competitive..

3-4 yrs ago when white arch bought his way to 5k(along with jm,Kevin and few others) and started killing everyone they could we players asked for a level cap..we were ignored. When these people reached 7k we asked for a way to slow their exp gain(instead we were given the choice to buy pets) this helped some but not all.

So basically we are now putting a band-aid on a bullet holes..cutting off our nose to spite our face... Shooting ourselves in the foot...however you want to say it..

Yes ingame purchases help to make the game advance, but what happens when the game stops advancing ? There is no longer any point to make purchases...players will soon drop off , and without players, there is no game..
This. This is what we've been thinking.
Does life really get better?
Shawn

Post by Shawn »

Honestly the people under 3k will still buy pets to reach that level, then slowly everyone will be 3-4k
Omg8>>mage>>5040
Sniper97>>archer>>131
Death chil>>dwarf>>125
Im-bored>>sword>>110
I-mine>>dwarf>>316
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Just thinking and throwing this out there...the 12k-14k basically have no reason to level..the only things left for them to do is ???? Destroy...
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Final thought...wondering....if those with the money to spend on levels that are under 10k, wouldn't they already be 10k ?
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

Lestat wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:46 am Well now...time to put in my 2$..... This is crazy, yes something needed done, but the more I think about it, the more this bugs me..

OH MY GOD THIS!

THIS is pure biblical cannon.

Lestat has hit the nail on the head.

Love the bandaid over bullet holes analogy! All supporters of this put that in your pipe and smoke it!
Ryaca_1
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

@Ryaca What I meant by that amount is that if you're gonna buy levels, you might as well buy enough to actually compete and the only way to do that is to start off buying that amount. There is no reason to "buy" levels if you buy anything less, as you'll still get your *hiss* handed to you in PvP (the only real reason to increase your level to begin with, except maybe 2k for faster movement speed).

The biggest incentive to purchase levels is to be competitive in PvP. The only way to be competitive in PvP is to spend that amount, as you can never really be competitive unless you do so. Yeah you can fight your own levels, but somebody always knows someone bigger than you to bring to fight you instead.

People won't want to play / spend money on a PvP game that they have no chance of competing in unless they drop an unrealistic amount for the average person.

You'll never be able to do this grinding alone so long as there is no limit. They can just grind faster than you and widen the gap even more, barring they all quit it would be impossible to get anywhere close. This change literally is thousands of hours/monies worth of advantage towards anybody already at a higher level compared to someone yet to reach it.
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

Cashew it does not metter..i m too slower killing now..even i m hardly outhealing myself now..mages will be too weak if resits wont be canceled..its not a balance now anymore its mages weaker now
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157