Level Adjustment for Players (Level 3377+) to the New XP System

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

terminator

Re: Level Adjustment for Players (Level 3377+) to the New XP System

Post by terminator »

SellSword wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:29 am I believe FT started selling levels at least six years ago, so it's not like it's anything new. I saw that back in 2013 when most of the content didn't even exist.
Yup
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Just think.. when i started playing, my first purchase was.....REMOVE ADS.... Without in-game purchases our game would be full of ads. These purchases (levels,skins,pets,etc. )are what keep the game going. Without them we wouldn't get any new content.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Yup, that ad removal shows up as one of my earliest purchases on my account. I think back then you could buy levels and add them to your phone bill too. Probably ended up making a few parents upset...
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
rev1

Post by rev1 »

SellSword wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:29 am I believe FT started selling levels at least six years ago, so it's not like it's anything new. I saw that back in 2013 when most of the content didn't even exist.
yes. ft started selling lvls a few years after it was first launched.
at first it was limited by a maximum a day. i believe 100 lvls. the max package. they were not tradeble.
well not easily. you could give your password to someone who then bought lvls for you.
understandably this lead to a lot of cheating.
Even after comp changed it so you only had to type in the username and not password. scammers convinced oeople that they needed to give their password.
lots of stolen accounts.. overworked gms were the result.
thats why comp decided to make lvls tradeble.
But the result was that lvls became the currency needed for buying even pvm gear. and recently even for gear needed for quests.

about content:
all maps have been designed by volunteers. their existance is not the result of people buying lvls.
kromelg (currently gm) designed a few. blitzcraig (former gm) designed a few, DaHobbit (former gm) designed a few.
blitzcraig, DaHobbit were among those GM who quit en masse a wile ago.
coolguy

Post by coolguy »

rev1 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:28 pm
yes. ft started selling lvls a few years after it was first launched.
at first it was limited by a maximum a day. i believe 100 lvls. the max package. they were not tradeble.
well not easily. you could give your password to someone who then bought lvls for you.
understandably this lead to a lot of cheating.
Even after comp changed it so you only had to type in the username and not password. scammers convinced oeople that they needed to give their password.
lots of stolen accounts.. overworked gms were the result.
thats why comp decided to make lvls tradeble.
But the result was that lvls became the currency needed for buying even pvm gear. and recently even for gear needed for quests.

about content:
all maps have been designed by volunteers. their existance is not the result of people buying lvls.
kromelg (currently gm) designed a few. blitzcraig (former gm) designed a few, DaHobbit (former gm) designed a few.
blitzcraig, DaHobbit were among those GM who quit en masse a wile ago.
I agree and understand what you said. convincing. ;)
I'm the palm between the two swords
-
-
-
rev1

Post by rev1 »

my critisism is not so much about actual changes in game.
I agree that the game has to grow, change with the times.
But its history is one of taking one problem and making a change to solve that one without considering its implications.
Thats a result of having only one developer who has other games to develop as well.
He openly admits (you can find it in this forum) of not playing and not realy consider implications but relying on GM to iron out the resulting wrinkles.
And he repeatedly states that he not realy cares about current players instead choosing to focus on the future.

Btw all im. saying can be found in this forum.
written by compbatant himself and gms.

If you aspire to be a gm I suggest reading through the forums
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Yes i remember those days. I also remember that being the reason they made you register email. It made proving account ownership much easier.

I know many dislike the new level system for after 3377, but this was an issue years ago. And even farther back it was even asked to make a level cap. Only issue now..the level cap is for grinding levels.. you are still allowed to buy past this cap, which i find a bit unfair.

Yes most game content is from players/GMs. But without purchases the game engine wouldnt have been upgraded, much newer content wouldnt even be possible. There are many games though, that "developers" never play. Many games are just tested by people, who give opinions, changes made, game released, and never get anything new. I am glad FT gives players a voice, makes changes as the game grows, and yes, there will Always be players that think an update/change isnt fair. This will never stop, you cant please everyone, ever.. if they gave everyone 1000 levels, someone would still complain it wasnt fair.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
coolguy

Post by coolguy »

Lestat wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:14 pm Yes i remember those days. I also remember that being the reason they made you register email. It made proving account ownership much easier.

I know many dislike the new level system for after 3377, but this was an issue years ago. And even farther back it was even asked to make a level cap. Only issue now..the level cap is for grinding levels.. you are still allowed to buy past this cap, which i find a bit unfair.

Yes most game content is from players/GMs. But without purchases the game engine wouldnt have been upgraded, much newer content wouldnt even be possible. There are many games though, that "developers" never play. Many games are just tested by people, who give opinions, changes made, game released, and never get anything new. I am glad FT gives players a voice, makes changes as the game grows, and yes, there will Always be players that think an update/change isnt fair. This will never stop, you cant please everyone, ever.. if they gave everyone 1000 levels, someone would still complain it wasnt fair.
It would Ruin the game if they gave each 1000, so I'll be complaining aswell :3
-
-
-
coolguy

Post by coolguy »

coolguy wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:31 pm
Lestat wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:14 pm Yes i remember those days. I also remember that being the reason they made you register email. It made proving account ownership much easier.

It would Ruin the game if they gave each 1000, so I'll be complaining aswell :3
Lol I understand your point also. Without people complaining the game will still be the same, this is how life works as well. With no problems; People will still be at the same routine/level.
-
-
-
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Actually, buying levels did lead to new content as without real money being spent FT would not have still been around.

I've spent over $4k myself because I believe in FT.

I am very proud of my contribution.

Buying levels will always be an option. This will never change.