Clan buildings upkeep

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

compbatant
Site Admin

Clan buildings upkeep

Post by compbatant »

A new clan mechanism will be added soon that slightly decreases building hp every day, and it must be repaired with materials and gold, or else you risk losing that building. Higher level buildings do take more materials to heal, but also have a greater time until they are destroyed. A max level building will survive around 500 days without repair before it is destroyed, while a level 1 building will only survive 100 days. A max white castle has a daily material cost of around 34 stone and 20 planks, while a level 500 white castle has a cost of around 18 stone and 10 planks. The higher level the building, the less the building is affected by this, to continue players motivation to upgrade buildings.

The code is ready and I will enable it in next few days. Now I am waiting for your feedback in case some adjustments are needed.
Mr_Maks

Re: Clan buildings ukpeep

Post by Mr_Maks »

Mixed emotions.But in my opinion, it’s not badly implemented taking into account not having to force players to play every day because obviously everyone will have snippets of time in which players will not be able to devote time to the game.And in my opinion this is an acceptable result of this idea.
There is enough time to rebuild their buildings even after long-term care after the game(unless of course their rivals do not take advantage of this)and also to give players time to get levels or other activities like completing quests and crafting without forcing them to endlessly be there to support their clan,at least by reading it it looks like this to me.If this really is the case then I think the players will have no problems with this.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

With my lack of experience it sounds reasonable and Maks hit on many of the reasons why. There have been comments before about "dead clans" and this would help by either outright removal or weakening it enough for a rival clan to take out.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

I like this. This will also reduce people that have multiple clans with little to no members. But there are a few things i think need looked at.
I would suggest raising the amount of buildings a clan can build to maybe 20. If they cant afford to upkeep they wont build that many.
Can allies still do upkeep ? If so this wont help deplete empty or inactive clans. As their allies will keep them alive.
Is the gold separate from repairs and come from clan coffer? or is it a cost like raising levels and whoever does repairs takes the cost ?
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Lestat wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:38 pm {snip}
Is the gold separate from repairs and come from clan coffer? or is it a cost like raising levels and whoever does repairs takes the cost ?
Curious since I do not know ...

CURRENTLY:

Clan X attacks Clan A and partly destroys a building.

Does it cost gold for Clan A to repair that building? Or just mats?

IF repairing CURRENTLY is just mats, why is gold added to the mix?

I'm asking for clarification as Lestat is curious as to where the gold will come from giving me the though that this is a new thing and "Where from" was not a part of the notice.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

Ok thats nice but please update clan war rules!!russians evrryday spamming and blocking our gates by there noob clan walls!also they are blocking my way to kill. Their cats and they built maxed tower very near of our base!
Please leave those rules what it was till u update them or update it fast or we are loosing the map
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Compbatant wins the title of "Today's Typo King"
- - for the title of this thread. :lol:

ukpeep = United Kingdom Peep

upkeep - activity involved in maintaining something in good working order

I feel I have kin!
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

for sure will give a hit to Neverending bases owned by people that act as they buyed a piece of FT long ago. from now on or they manage buildings or they'll loose them. was time.
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

cotne7 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:27 pm Ok thats nice but please update clan war rules!!russians evrryday spamming and blocking our gates by there noob clan walls!also they are blocking my way to kill. Their cats and they built maxed tower very near of our base!
Please leave those rules what it was till u update them or update it fast or we are loosing the map
The whole duplicity of the game community in one comment.If you do this, then this is fair and none of the gaming community writes that this is unfair, but if they do this to you, then this is unfair.
Long live justice!
rev1

Post by rev1 »

seems a logical update.
makes clan buildings more 'clan' instead of a single player project.
even when repairs are done by allies, it means that those allies need put in the effort to keep the building alive.

i asume gold will be taken from clangold.
that has been mostly useless after the max amount of buildings per clan is reached.

to use this mechanic against spawnbuilds the lvl1-25 maintenance costs should be high though.
just thibking aloud:
lv1-25 same goldcost as a lv2850 build
lv 25+ cost as described by conpbatant.

this would encourage fast building to lv25, instead of spawning lots of lv1 buildings on lots of clans.
you could spawn but it would cost a lot