New clan map

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: New clan map

Post by LostKnight »

I though clans could only build on one map.
?????
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

LostKnight wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:22 pm I though clans could only build on one map.
?????
Alt clans.

To SK: Blocking bridges off clan maps is illegal. Blocking them ON clan maps has long been a tactical strategy.
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:24 pm
LostKnight wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:22 pm I though clans could only build on one map.
?????
Alt clans.

To SK: Blocking bridges off clan maps is illegal. Blocking them ON clan maps has long been a tactical strategy.
Thank you, madman1.

So glad I'm semi-ignorant about clan life.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

This isn't going to give anyone a chance. Rus are going to make there clans and kill all new ones, this does nothing to help new clans and just gives them more land if 4 maps isn't enough. Now they have 5. Ridicules. New clans will never have a chance in the game like this.
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Barkley wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:55 pm This isn't going to give anyone a chance. Rus are going to make there clans and kill all new ones, this does nothing to help new clans and just gives them more land if 4 maps isn't enough. Now they have 5. Ridicules. New clans will never have a chance in the game like this.
What is your solution for this?
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

James142 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:08 am Currently unable to enter the map if using the pc version of game, upon attempting to enter the map, the app crashes (or maybe its just me, but I'll assume its for anyone using pc version)
I uploaded new version. Please update:
http://dmgamestudio.com/files/ft7.zip
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

@compbatent

There is no way to stop one side from controlling all maps. There are things you can do to help battle it tho.

1. Make a range effect if building near a non ally. 8 range for towers and 2-4 range for walls( this stops gate blocking, which seems both sides use, yet both cry when its done). This wont stop tower building of enemies for seige use only.(they can build a tower to hi lvl then catapult from under without any way to defend)

2 rework catapults. Range of 12 and ability to hide under towers to catapult, makes defending useless. Im not sure what to do here, maybe others have suggestions.

3 reduce the number of clans that can be made by an email(if possible) there are too many "alt" clans

4 ability to build at 20 range is entirely too far, should be 8 max. This stops land grabbing.

5 make build on maps by duke email. This allows only for building on one map. Cannot build on more. We made it so clans can build on one map only, but players can make 20 accounts and build 20 clans wherever. This also is land grabbing just to control maps.

These are suggestions. Some easy to implement some hard. Maybe easier variations can be made ?
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Lestat wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:06 am 4 ability to build at 20 range is entirely too far, should be 8 max. This stops land grabbing.
20 range is calculated from buildings center. White castle has 11.11 size. So if you put two of them side by side then distance between them is already 11.
It means that you can put them in max distance 9 calculated from edges.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

compbatant wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:19 am
Lestat wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:06 am 4 ability to build at 20 range is entirely too far, should be 8 max. This stops land grabbing.
20 range is calculated from buildings center. White castle has 11.11 size. So if you put two of them side by side then distance between them is already 11.
It means that you can put them in max distance 9 calculated from edges.
Ok then 20 is ok. I was thinking 20 from edge to edge not center-center.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

If changes are still being worked on I'd say treat the map like a large clan testing ground. Maybe wipe the map every day or few days to allow many users to test new developments without the land being taken right away. Once all of the desired changes are ready to be applied to all clans wipe the map a final time and then open it permanently.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.