Sandbox maps version 2

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

madmaniacal1

Re: Sandbox maps version 2

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Personal house maps, just like current sandboxes, will have their limitations. No quest npcs (except for storages or crafting, possibly), no portals except the exit, no abusables. Balance is the key.
For that matter, skills such as fishing/mining/chopping being disabled to prevent potential afk abuses would be my recommendation for ALL sandbox maps. Then you could have all the ore deposits you like without being abused...
Omnes Autem Uri
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:12 pm Personal house maps, just like current sandboxes, will have their limitations. No quest npcs (except for storages or crafting, possibly), no portals except the exit, no abusables. Balance is the key.
For that matter, skills such as fishing/mining/chopping being disabled to prevent potential afk abuses would be my recommendation for ALL sandbox maps. Then you could have all the ore deposits you like without being abused...
I think it's nice to be able to chop wood or so while making a map.
In what I do I pot a lot of detale and bc it takes long I pot a tree down and get: skill + build...
And under there are you there also comes so what is problematic on being able to chop wood, fish or mine stone?
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Leone

Post by Leone »

Because, as sellsword alluded to earlier, firstly every house owner would have the inside of their house containing every mineral, a forest, a lake and to take this to it's conclusion the npc enemies of their choice.

They could mine, chop, fish and fight NPCs without any fear of reprisal.

Secondly, let's look at platinum for example. To gain access currently, you have to complete a series of quests under the trapper village.

Having materials readily available in your house would render such quests as redundant.

Both scenarios would mean that those with a house would have a huge advantage over those without them.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Leone wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:45 pm Because, as sellsword alluded to earlier, firstly every house owner would have the inside of their house containing every mineral, a forest, a lake and to take this to it's conclusion the npc enemies of their choice.

They could mine, chop, fish and fight NPCs without any fear of reprisal.

Secondly, let's look at platinum for example. To gain access currently, you have to complete a series of quests under the trapper village.

Having materials readily available in your house would render such quests as redundant.

Both scenarios would mean that those with a house would have a huge advantage over those without them.
You should have be able to pot things down and get resources but not mithril or so for example(currently cant eather...).
Npc is currently not available eather and also should not be but wheres the point of making a house and no one can enter it or mine/chop/fish.
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Pretty much the whole purpose would be that people can have fun personalizing something.

The potential issue would be players having a private location where they can play afk and nobody would even be able to see them (presumably friends could) as a safeguard. So long as skills wouldn't build or you couldn't gain anything in the way of ores and such it cuts off all benefit that could be gained from rampant afk.

Worst case scenario would of course be allowing someone to sit in their house and continuously mine something like mith, plat, carbon, etc nonstop. You can pretty much do those things if you get a house in the right spot, but it shouldn't be an option for all houses and players of all levels.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Barkley wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:34 pm
madmaniacal1 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:12 pm Personal house maps, just like current sandboxes, will have their limitations. No quest npcs (except for storages or crafting, possibly), no portals except the exit, no abusables. Balance is the key.
I think it's nice to be able to chop wood or so while making a map.
In what I do I pot a lot of detale and bc it takes long I pot a tree down and get: skill + build...
And under there are you there also comes so what is problematic on being able to chop wood, fish or mine stone?
As Lord Seth once told me directly, sandbox maps are for making new maps to submit for addition to FT. They are not for skilling, and any intentional skill gains there are abuse of game mechanics (Rule 8).
Add that to the possibility of afk abuses, and you have more problems than solutions.
My recommendation eliminates those possibilities.
Omnes Autem Uri
Leone

Post by Leone »

I like the idea of some map that I've had some fun designing might be introduced into the game. Everyone who steps foot in there is navigating what I've set.

That sounds ace
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

So the addition of being able to create our own "player private house map" is interesting indeed, being limited on mining,chopping,fishing at such a player owned map though not so much :roll:

Having a player owned map for player private house would be great for player immersion, not being able to mine, chop, fish would take away from the immersion. I understand that being able to access mining resources afk would be an issue, so player should not be able to interact with such resources if placed, I honestly think that if resources are desired on a map that they should be disabled untill actually added to working map for all. I don't see why mining stones, fishing, or felling trees shouldn't be disabled though, as currently we can do all those on any map.
DwarfTank-lvl2093(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2608
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
messi

Post by messi »

I find it very nice but an improvnent would be to can make own quests, or spawning mobs that attack you......
Leone

Post by Leone »

Yes, by all means spawn mobs to attack you. Just don't expect the xp and drops to transfer into the main game, that's all.