Sandbox maps version 2

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: Sandbox maps version 2

Post by SellSword »

What if personal sandbox maps were all moved to the new test server? Go ahead and allow skills, grinding, drops, etc as nothing would transfer over anyhow. That would allow for more options in building maps and such.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

SellSword wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:37 am What if personal sandbox maps were all moved to the new test server? Go ahead and allow skills, grinding, drops, etc as nothing would transfer over anyhow. That would allow for more options in building maps and such.
Last I heard from comp, that's the final goal of new mapmaking. Mapmaking on main server will never have such implemented, just because of abuse potential.
Omnes Autem Uri
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

A big hurray on that.
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Am I able to send in a map I have created for potential game-use? Please note that it is not the interior of a building, though I am working on some of those for use within the map I have designed ;) Don't expect it to be used, but it has the potential for multiple quests

I have also noticed that some files are not available in the map editor,specifically the water mill found in Kedington and the carnivorous plants located on map -1,0
Last edited by WARBRINGER on Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

WARBRINGER wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:44 pm Am I able to send in a map I have created for potential game-use? Please note that it is not the interior of a building, though I am working on some of those for use within the map I have designed ;) Don't expect it to be used, but it has the potential for multiple quests

I have also noticed that some files are not available in the map editor,specifically the water mill found in Kedington and the carnivorous plants located on map -1,0

Update!
I asked a guy named MoOhamed to give his opinion on my map. I granted him access, and entered the map, using the respective commands, but now can't seem to log in - I see his character flash up on the screen quick but that's it!
What is your map name?
I will check it. If map will be nice I can give you access for creating quests, spawns, portals, etc :)
Did you update game client to 7.5.3? The animated plants and water mill are available there.
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

I have completed my map, on my alt account BlackBows! :) I'm not entirely sure where in the world map it could potentially fit, perhaps the shore line needs some editing to make it line up properly? ;) It's my first attempt, so it is likely to have some flaws or incompatibilities :roll: Would appreciate it if it were looked at
Last edited by WARBRINGER on Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Apologies to be posting here once again, but it now appears the sandbox editor is broken - my friend mirt and I cannot enter one another's maps, so the /map grant and /map go player_name commands are broken. As well as this, after the server reset, as far as I can tell, I cannot place or remove objects on my map.
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

WARBRINGER wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:19 pm I have completed my map, on my alt account BlackBows! :) I'm not entirely sure where in the world map it could potentially fit, perhaps the shore line needs some editing to make it line up properly? ;) It's my first attempt, so it is likely to have some flaws or incompatibilities :roll: Would appreciate it if it were looked at
I like it! Pleas make the shore more varied. I know it is time consuming but it will make map look nicer. Maybe this map could be used in new FT continent. Are you interested in working on quests for your map?
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Sandbox maps are now only supported on TEST server. I moved all your maps there.
Please check new making map tutorial:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17343
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

compbatant wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:39 am I like it! Pleas make the shore more varied. I know it is time consuming but it will make map look nicer. Maybe this map could be used in new FT continent. Are you interested in working on quests for your map?
I know there is a suggestion thread for quest ideas, but is this still active? Personally I feel I would be better able to come up with locations (npcs) on existing maps and script quest dialogue than to create a new map. At least for now.