Day & night, lights

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

compbatant
Site Admin

Re: Day & night, lights

Post by compbatant »

Imrazor wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:30 pm Nooooo what is this!
Each update deletes my map!
My entire map I was using over 7h GOT DELETED!! :evil:
What is this!
STOP DELETING ALL MAPS MADE BY PPL WITH EVRY UPDATES PLEASE
Sandbox maps are now only available on test server. I copied all sandbox maps from main server there.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Cleopatra wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:35 pm
WARBRINGER wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:24 pm Players are now using campfires to block access go bridges and the river at spawn :roll:

As well as that issue, I propose that if you leave amap, any placed campfires disappear, if they don't already
I would suggest that the campfires shouldn't actually take up any space you should be able to walk right through all of them.
I made change that you can't put campfire on the road (including bridge).
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

compbatant wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:38 pm
WARBRINGER wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:24 pm Players are now using campfires to block access go bridges and the river at spawn :roll:

As well as that issue, I propose that if you leave amap, any placed campfires disappear, if they don't already
I would suggest that the campfires shouldn't actually take up any space you should be able to walk right through all of them.
what about Clan map though this is where I could see the most heaviest abuse happen trapping characters with fireplaces or making it where they can't place buildings or not repair.
Possible fix to that maybe make it to where anyone can put out a campfire just like anybody could whip anyone else's pets...
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
Imrazor

Post by Imrazor »

What happens if I place them around a pet and then one on pet, pet dies?
Not safe
Cleopatra wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:39 pm

what about Clan map though this is where I could see the most heaviest abuse happen trapping characters with fireplaces or making it where they can't place buildings or not repair.
Possible fix to that maybe make it to where anyone can put out a campfire just like anybody could whip anyone else's pets...
Ah! like gold fall the leavs in the wind
long years numberless as the wings of
trees!
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

Imrazor wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:45 pm What happens if I place them around a pet and then one on pet, pet dies?
Not safe
Cleopatra wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:39 pm

I didn't think of the possibility that players might use the fireplaces just to protect their pets that also would be an abuse. The Torches are fine but the fireplaces there's a lot of room for abuse I see they need a fix ASAP
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

If campfires were made so that people could walk over them would that somehow affect those players who have a campfire for a house and being able to select their house? Walking through them (players, pets, and mobs) seems like the easy option if it'd work.

Putting out campfires when not necessary for access would obviously be a childish practice for many.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

_NICKPAN_ wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:07 pm What about Monsters that spawn exclusive at Daytime or Nighttime

For example, Ghosts and Devils shouldnt spawn at day
and maybe Fairies shouldnt spawn at night ,^^
Those 200 wands are hard enough to very as it is. No need to make it harder.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

LostKnight wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:36 pm Use to be chopping a tree yielded ±10 trunks, now a tree is gone after 3 trunks
Personally I don't like that. But that's me.

Campfire = 3 trunks - lasts 5 minutes
Torch = 1 trunk - lasts X minutes, probably 5, and gives MORE light than a campfire.

Hmmm Camp fires last 5 minutes that's 12 campfires for 1 hour and requires 36 logs, at the new rate: 12 trees.

A torch requires 1 trunk and give more light that a campfire.

Something does not compute.
LK_2019-12-16_144847.jpg
Torch light seems about right ...
Camp fire should be 3 times the size of a torch light (x3 trunks) and last twice as long.

Dungeons are dark all the time. Are you putting trees in them?
Imagine a mage with no pets going in to grind, need 12 torches of the 15 spaces in his bag to see.
What about drops?

How about increasing the basic bag by 10 spaces to accommodate the fact people have to carry fire with them.
I'd suggest like pets, they use a space but not in the "20 bag limit" fill a bag and the pets are in slots 21 and 22. (With a basic bag)

Can we carry "camp fires" like torches?
I agree with LostKnight completely.

And underground shouldn't be affected by day/ night cycle. Imagine having to load your pack with tons of torches. No thanks.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Storms7 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:10 am I agree with LostKnight completely.

And underground shouldn't be affected by day/ night cycle. Imagine having to load your pack with tons of torches. No thanks.
It gets worse ....

The entrance to Hobbs Gold Mine is lit up! Hobb Gold mine is dark!

Now check out old movies ... ALL mines had torches on the walls.

But I am not finished there ....

The houses in Ardesia ... are dark! Houses = windows = daylight and houses in days of old had torches or candles or "cooking fires" ... why are these dark!

The business establishments, Taverns, Shipping Company, Churches and the Shops - ALL DARK!!!!
Last edited by LostKnight on Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

It's good that all these issues are being raised early so they can be quickly considered.