Day & night, lights

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

El.Menda

Re: Day & night, lights

Post by El.Menda »

Cleopatra wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:14 pm I do have one concern. I'm wondering how many people will revert to an older version of ft to have a PVP advantage in the dark. When all the bugs and kinks are worked out of day and night mode could you make the update mandatory???
La actualización SIEMPRE devería ser obligatoria..
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

WARBRINGER wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:24 pm Players are now using campfires to block access go bridges and the river at spawn :roll:

As well as that issue, I propose that if you leave amap, any placed campfires disappear, if they don't already
Si es por mí, lo estoy haciendo a propósito. Intento buscar fallos para que se corrijan rápido
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

WARBRINGER wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:24 pm Players are now using campfires to block access go bridges and the river at spawn :roll:

As well as that issue, I propose that if you leave amap, any placed campfires disappear, if they don't already
I would suggest that the campfires shouldn't actually take up any space you should be able to walk right through all of them.
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Use to be chopping a tree yielded ±10 trunks, now a tree is gone after 3 trunks
Personally I don't like that. But that's me.

Campfire = 3 trunks - lasts 5 minutes
Torch = 1 trunk - lasts X minutes, probably 5, and gives MORE light than a campfire.

Hmmm Camp fires last 5 minutes that's 12 campfires for 1 hour and requires 36 logs, at the new rate: 12 trees.

A torch requires 1 trunk and give more light that a campfire.

Something does not compute.
LK_2019-12-16_144847.jpg
Torch light seems about right ...
Camp fire should be 3 times the size of a torch light (x3 trunks) and last twice as long.

Dungeons are dark all the time. Are you putting trees in them?
Imagine a mage with no pets going in to grind, need 12 torches of the 15 spaces in his bag to see.
What about drops?

How about increasing the basic bag by 10 spaces to accommodate the fact people have to carry fire with them.
I'd suggest like pets, they use a space but not in the "20 bag limit" fill a bag and the pets are in slots 21 and 22. (With a basic bag)

Can we carry "camp fires" like torches?
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Cleopatra wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:14 pm I do have one concern. I'm wondering how many people will revert to an older version of ft to have a PVP advantage in the dark. When all the bugs and kinks are worked out of day and night mode could you make the update mandatory???
What about people with tablets or phones that cannot run FT v7?

The fix should be a "server-side" fix - except v6.8 I don't think will get the crafting menu updated.
Cleopatra wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:35 pm

I would suggest that the campfires shouldn't actually take up any space you should be able to walk right through all of them.
Well, it didn't take that bad folks to find that bug did it.

OK Comp: make us ALL "fire walkers" !!! That way the fires will only light up the path across the bridges.

OR make dead space around and on bridges. - where no pet or fire can be placed - say 4 spaces
Pets can "move through" but cannot "stop" :D
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

Basta de quejas.

La idea es muy buena y realista.

Vamos a buscar posibles fallo y arreglarlo, no ???
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

SellSword wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:49 pm I chopped some trees and noticed I was only getting 3 trunks per tree (unless double trunks appeared). I don't know if this is tied to the day/night change.
This change was made by mistake. I was testing something and forgot to revert to original version. I will fix it soon.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

compbatant wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:23 pm
_NICKPAN_ wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:07 pm What about Monsters that spawn exclusive at Daytime or Nighttime

For example, Ghosts and Devils shouldnt spawn at day
and maybe Fairies shouldnt spawn at night ,^^
That is nice idea!
I like the general concept of having some day/night differences, but for something Iike this there are a few maps that only spawn ghost and devil types. Maybe a change for dungeons as they are always "night?"
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

One word.

Stackable.
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Imrazor

Post by Imrazor »