Day & night, lights

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: Day & night, lights

Post by LostKnight »

Yesterday Jultomten (Swedish Santa Claus) gave away a bunch of Mithril Miner Helmets to low levels near Kedington.

I made about ±28 in total and gave Jultomten 24 of them. I think he has 11 left, LK gave the others away.

OH and Sanit Nick came last night at Banktown and gave LK another Mithril Miners Helmet and I gave that to Jultomten to give away as well.

I have not had time to get into the game today but will continue giving away Mithril Miner Helmets until after New Years.

So I'm not done yet!
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

For dungeons I've noticed that the background/floor type makes a huge difference. Those with a dark floor type are very difficult to see at night. Earlier today I was walking an alt through the library and with me sitting in a well-lit room it wasn't that easy.

This is apparent as well on the main map to some extent. When it's dark out go to map 0, 1 which looks nice, then walk left to -1, 1. When you get to -1, 1 going that direction you can see it changes from light grey to light brown to green and it gets progressively darker.

A few ideas on this (other than "get rid of it"):

I like the twilight and the gradual darkening. Maybe stop the darkness one shade before it is now? Same with dungeons.

Have players, pets, and mobs all emit a small amount of light. This would help for situations such as pets off screen and ranged attack.

An alternate to the above would be hp bars visible for pets, mobs, and other players.

For dungeons it'd be nice if doorways gave a slight glow.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

All nice ideas SellSword
I was always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I was talking with Gullander and he mentioned some magic glowing stones near his house would be nice. The suggestion came up that craftable magic gems could be used for light. Maybe use three gems and you get one of those stones that glows with a white light instead of a yellow light. Increase radius and duration for an hour maybe.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Anyone tried "Fire Works" in the Kedington Shop?

EDIT: Never mind - just saw the announcement :D
I was always AFK!
Syor

Post by Syor »

LostKnight wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:07 pm Yesterday Jultomten (Swedish Santa Claus) gave away a bunch of Mithril Miner Helmets to low levels near Kedington.

I made about ±28 in total and gave Jultomten 24 of them. I think he has 11 left, LK gave the others away.

OH and Sanit Nick came last night at Banktown and gave LK another Mithril Miners Helmet and I gave that to Jultomten to give away as well.

I have not had time to get into the game today but will continue giving away Mithril Miner Helmets until after New Years.

So I'm not done yet!
Always beautiful initiatives.
It would take more players like you and less cunning.

Good boy

I used google translate XD XD XD
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Syor

Post by Syor »

SellSword wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:30 pm For dungeons I've noticed that the background/floor type makes a huge difference. Those with a dark floor type are very difficult to see at night. Earlier today I was walking an alt through the library and with me sitting in a well-lit room it wasn't that easy.

This is apparent as well on the main map to some extent. When it's dark out go to map 0, 1 which looks nice, then walk left to -1, 1. When you get to -1, 1 going that direction you can see it changes from light grey to light brown to green and it gets progressively darker.

A few ideas on this (other than "get rid of it"):

I like the twilight and the gradual darkening. Maybe stop the darkness one shade before it is now? Same with dungeons.

Have players, pets, and mobs all emit a small amount of light. This would help for situations such as pets off screen and ranged attack.

An alternate to the above would be hp bars visible for pets, mobs, and other players.

For dungeons it'd be nice if doorways gave a slight glow.
YES YES YES
I approve of all these ideas.

I used ALWAYS google translate
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
freefire

Post by freefire »

На мой взгля ето не очень хорошая идея так как в подземелия не видно мобов и иза етово я теряю живоньх. Возможно ищо кто нибуть сталкивался с етим??
Бьлоб хорошо если можно бьло включать день и ноч
I'm good until I'm angry
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

compbatant wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:52 pm I just enabled day & night cycle.
I'm sorry, I should have passed this along much earlier.

Map 224.224 seems like all of the lava should be bright and not just the lava around the edges. It wouldn't add anything as far as being able to see but it would be neat.

Same thing with this lava on map 0.1
Screenshot_20200205-212601_Forgotten Tales.jpg
Screenshot_20200205-212601_Forgotten Tales.jpg (793.57 KiB) Viewed 6278 times
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Think of it not as a pool of lava but a huge lava lamp! :lol:
Retired