Player name colors

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

compbatant
Site Admin

Re: Player name colors

Post by compbatant »

I changed colors for friend and clan member.
Friend is now brown instead of pink which you didn't like ;)
Clan member is orange instead of green which was not visible on grass.
Syor

Post by Syor »

Very good
Good boy
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
MoOhamed

Post by MoOhamed »

Brown color ! I think I need to wear glasses to see my friends' names clearly :geek: . Pink was better .. 💔 :)
MoOhamad lvl 6440 ( archer )
MoOhamed lvl 60 ( swordsman ) ✨
(-Komutan-)

Post by (-Komutan-) »

Last edited by (-Komutan-) on Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turkish Translator
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

compbatant wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:56 am
Syor wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:54 am actually the pink color looks bad .....
I can change it. Give me your proposals.
Please use colours that are actually visible. I can barely tell who people are now.

Outlaws can't even be identified in darkness. Friends/Clan can't be identified on grass.
People in the same clan have a clan tag already too, colour identification is unnecessary.

The coloured-name system just won't work with the variety of hues on tile & the darkness feature in game. It needs simplifying.

As it stands the only players who are clearly identifiable are those who previously attacked. In that case, if would make sense to make outlaws and previous attackers the same colour [Bright Red] so they can't skulk around in the pitch black to attack people unawares.
N!ce

Post by N!ce »

I suggest adding a shadow for the names or some kind of background and then there will be no problems even with a green name on the grass, otherwise you will spend too much time looking at this problem from the wrong angle
I use a translator
(-Komutan-)

Post by (-Komutan-) »

Last edited by (-Komutan-) on Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Turkish Translator
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

(-Komutan-) wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:29 pm
N!ce wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:14 pm I suggest adding a shadow for the names or some kind of background and then there will be no problems even with a green name on the grass, otherwise you will spend too much time looking at this problem from the wrong angle
recommendations are worthless for comp. he just does what he wants. There are hundreds of good suggestions on the forum. but which one does the comp see? does not see any of them. I sent him a message 1 month ago. and still waiting for an answer.
Compbatant has recently implemented a multitude of player-made suggestions into the game. Some of them are harder to implement than others. Some are unrealistic and don't fit the game's dynamic. Some of them get missed. Some of them are just not great ideas. What makes your ideas better than anyone else's? Also, best post them in Suggestions And New Ideas rather than in a PM to compbatant :D
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Leone

Post by Leone »

I agree. Also, when we post on the forum our ideas are often debated, sometimes rejected, possibly amended and usually improved.
N!ce

Post by N!ce »

WARBRINGER wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:37 pm
(-Komutan-) wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:29 pm
N!ce wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:14 pm I suggest adding a shadow for the names or some kind of background and then there will be no problems even with a green name on the grass, otherwise you will spend too much time looking at this problem from the wrong angle
recommendations are worthless for comp. he just does what he wants. There are hundreds of good suggestions on the forum. but which one does the comp see? does not see any of them. I sent him a message 1 month ago. and still waiting for an answer.
Compbatant has recently implemented a multitude of player-made suggestions into the game. Some of them are harder to implement than others. Some are unrealistic and don't fit the game's dynamic. Some of them get missed. Some of them are just not great ideas. What makes your ideas better than anyone else's? Also, best post them in Suggestions And New Ideas rather than in a PM to compbatant :D
In short, we can say that many of these ideas do not fit the content that Compbatant wants to provide us with (this is its product, after all).
But if we talk about my proposal, then, most likely, I offered a solution on how to solve the problem with colors, and very clear and logical.
A simple stroke in the form of a shadow or any background (I would personally recommend doing a negative, as it turns white in the dark and dark in bright places) can instantly solve any color problem
I use a translator