stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

Rotvile

Re: Official Forgotten Tales Discord

Post by Rotvile »

_NICKPAN_ wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:11 pm
Rotvile wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:48 pm
Rasta44 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:39 pm
:lol: :lol: Yes, of course this isn't meant for a replacement, its just a means for the community to interact more :)
So forum activity will not lessen or diminish now that there is a discord?
No it won't, as it's not lessen from other Social Media too.
It's another way for people who play FT to connect and Discord is best on active and instant chatting.

Ah I see now. I thought that players would send reports to GMs and that GMs would neglect making announcenents and checking the GM inbox on the forums.

I would have a major problem if those things did happen on discord as these forums are FTs official website and have been since day 1. Facebook and other forms of social media should never be used for official FT business.

Please forgive me as I have never used discord before so I wasnt sure what it was about.

Thanks for explaining.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled off was convincing the world that he didn't exist
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

I do love Discord but I think Discord will be wery wery inactive. The game does not have THAT many players due to obvious reasons to most players. If the Discord will be active I'll be wery suprised.

Disocrd is a great way to talk to others. But I think there will not be many to talk to. The server has a ton of channel's that probably won't be used a lot and some of em may never see any mesage at all. Who did make the server? Who's the owner of it?
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

Barkley wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:23 pm I do love Discord but I think Discord will be wery wery inactive. The game does not have THAT many players due to obvious reasons to most players. If the Discord will be active I'll be wery suprised.

Disocrd is a great way to talk to others. But I think there will not be many to talk to. The server has a ton of channel's that probably won't be used a lot and some of em may never see any mesage at all. Who did make the server? Who's the owner of it?
The FT server is owned by GM team. And there are also some Mechanics who try to improve the server and it's users experience.

Discord Servers Activity is a whole new topic. You can't determine a server if it's active or not so easy. A server may have 10k members but only 5 of them chat daily or have 100 members and 20 of them chat daily. Usually, having around 5 people chatting at the same time means that the server is very active.

FT Server has enough channels for each important topic. And of course channel for Staff Support and players help like quests walkthroughs.
But of course you can always suggest your discord-ideas over there.

For FT server activity all i can say is, it got released this week, so give it some time, not everyone uses forum so not everyone know there is a Discord server too. As a discord ~4 years user. I can assure you that the server's current activity is totally normal and common. All servers need their time to start working no matter where they are coming from and what they are about.
Boo
N!ce

Post by N!ce »

Rasta44 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:49 pm There is now an official discord for Forgotten Tales! The discord has some nice features, you can also chat with friends easily with it now. :D

Join link: https://discord.gg/TfB4daa

To join, read the server rules and click the blue checkmark at the bottom of the message. After doing that, you will be able to access the rest of the discord. The server is set to require your account being verified, and registered on discord for at least 5 minutes. You should get a verification email after creating a discord account.

What a news!

I can already imagine how happy the merchants will be, but now it's much easier for clans to find each other, and it will also be possible to provide more content for fans!

I just sparkle with happiness !!!
I use a translator
Rasta44

Post by Rasta44 »

A button to join the server has been added on the login screen in the game.
Retired
Senior Game Master - SrGM
Rasta44
Follow the rules.
Game Rules
Forum Rules

The OG Rasta
Rasta44

Post by Rasta44 »

Discord Announcement

At 100 server members, we will be hosting a giveaway for a free pet! This giveaway is discord only. Join and/or have friends join for a chance to win!
Retired
Senior Game Master - SrGM
Rasta44
Follow the rules.
Game Rules
Forum Rules

The OG Rasta
Leone

Post by Leone »

Nice:)
Zeldris