Forgotten Tales 8.9.0 Beta & server changes

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

Wooooooman

Re: Forgotten Tales 8.9.0 Beta & server changes

Post by Wooooooman »

compbatant wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:43 pm
Bozkurt wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:40 pm
compbatant wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:05 pm Option for merging two clans into one. The option for it is available only for dukes. You can merge two clans into one if the sum of buildings and members from both clans doesn't exceed limits.
Why hasn't this amazing idea occurred to anyone before? comp, reward the person who submitted this idea. THANK YOU very much for the update COMP. Thanks to you, I lost my clan. THANK YOU SO MUCH. Thanks to you, my clan was deleted. a player has sent me a clan unification request. I thought you sent an alliance request. and I accepted. and my clan was deleted. I sent a message to the comp and explained the incident. but he said he can't help. I had to delete 6 pages of alliance thanks to you. thank you so much for this edited update.
This happens if you don't read messages. You accepted clans merge so the only person you can blame is you.
How about making the merger request message text red to separate it from the affiliate request?
i m change
Bozkurt

Post by Bozkurt »

Wooooooman wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:40 pm How about making the merger request message text red to separate it from the affiliate request?
this is a very critical decision. This must be with GM approval. Otherwise, many people will lose their clan this way. Those who want to unite their clan should send a message to the GM. This should GM do this. And all I don't understand is what was the need for it? What is the reason for you to unite clans?
Bozkurt

Post by Bozkurt »

Indeed the most unnecessary feature I've ever seen.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Then don't unite your clan with another. Problem solved.
Bozkurt

Post by Bozkurt »

Leone wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:06 am Then don't unite your clan with another. Problem solved.
I admire your intelligence 👏👏👏👏👏
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

So a popup box appears and everyone just clicks the green check mark and then complains when something was not what they wanted?

Does not make sense: READ FIRST then REACT!
That makes sense.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Syor

Post by Syor »

it is true that initially the union formula was wrong, both the opening sentence and the actual union, because money and other things were lost.

Then everything was corrected, fixed, and compbtant itself also helped those who had had problems because of a system error.
It helped them by putting names, money, clans, in short it fixed the problems caused by a bug.

I myself had doubts and fears about these new things introduced, but with the questions and the reading I got informed, and the management has always been very helpful.

"He who is the cause of your evil, weep for himself".

However, even if in this post there is all the necessary information, I propose to make a single post, Blocked, on the procedure to follow on how to unite the Clans.
A single post that contains all the features of this cute new addition to the game.

It will be easier to find out.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

compbatant wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:05 pm Improved map editor. Drag & drop also for objects not only tiles. Bigger editor window.
Improved clan building window .The code is now more flexible and it will be possible to add buildings which require other materials, not only planks & stones. You can see now also storage capacity
Opening chat history using long click on chat button. Before it was opened using swipe but some people tend to open chat history accidentally.
Option for merging two clans into one. The option for it is available only for dukes. You can merge two clans into one if the sum of buildings and members from both clans doesn't exceed limits.

There is also change I added recently but I forgot to write about it. If you kill clan building you can loot its content :)

Added improvements for quest makers:
There is new quest command:

add_level LEVEL

Working on quests should be now easier. If any line is wrong then it will be preceded by "//"
for example if you enter wrong line like this:

item dfs

then the game will replace it to the following line so you know it is wrong line:

//item dfs

It even checks if item ID exists.
If you use quest ID used by other quest then it will be automatically replace by first not used ID

The lvl 2 map editor is broken for mobile. Boxes come up in witch you're supposed to be typing but it's impossible to do that. Not with quests,chests,NPC's or anything.
And everything gets removed if stuff isont wrtien in a box witch you can't write in.

Also please make it so you can drag and drop but if you clik on a tile and than on something in the lvl1 editor it should also place it. So players can choose witch one they want to use
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst