Daily quests

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: Daily quests

Post by LostKnight »

Personally, I am not a fan of daily quests if I have to spend a complete day to get the require number of kills to get a level. Especially if grinding at another spot will get me 4 to 6 or more levels in the same time.

Now 1K (example) levels later if I can complete the required number in say 1/6 to 1/4 of the time it is a viable quest to do.

A few years ago I got a "Daily" quest to kill 800 fire archers. It took the longest time to get it to 50|800. Recently I went and spend a few hours and got it to 181|800. Still not really worth the time as I can gain levels faster elsewhere. Someday it will become doable.

And here's the thing, later after I get 500/600 levels, 1 level will be a LOT more XP points which make the wait worth it.

==========
Then there are the near impossible regular quests as well. Like a level 800 player getting a quest to kill a few level 1500 enemies in order to get a level 1k quest. (Yes, that does exist in the game and at those levels as well)
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I agree except with these observations, daily mercenary quests make sense if the 300-800 you are asked to kill are at a level you normally would grind at anyway. Then the daily quest becomes a bonus in addition to the xp from grinding them. True there is the possibility of getting an item which might make a longer less profitable daily quest worth trying. My personal experience has been these items come so rarely it is no longer any incentive. But to wait and do these daily mercenary quests when you can easily smash them and then get your count for your level reward just sounds like wise advice to me. :D
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

The good thing with "daily" quests like the mercenary ones is that they don't have to be completed daily. I sure don't finish those in a day, but waiting a week or a month doesn't matter much as you can always complete those whenever you want.

If you have true daily quests that need to be finished within a day those are the ones that force you into something that might not be the best for xp.

Personally, I'm all for changing things up now and then. I've never been one for racking up the levels as fast as I can at the expense of other things. Seeing as how I was fishing for awhile today because I was too lazy to go grind I'm pretty sure that isn't going to change... ;)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Syor

Post by Syor »

LostKnight monsters that attack from a distance are always a black beast for us who attack from close. Especially for swordsmen.

I am attaching a small video of how I dealt with these monsters (no, i dont can Attack video) ufffff

But to be honest, I really like these mercenary missions, do some XP, gain a level, and later get a nice gift

I would put other parallels, such as killing variants only, or killing these new monsters.

Again, I like these missions.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
justj99

Post by justj99 »

I like them too, but most are too hard to really be done daily. At least, not at the level they are given for. For most, I don't think a game "day" is an 8 hour day of grinding. If I can't actually complete it in a day, how is it a daily? To me, there is a bit of an imbalance in some of those quests.

For the numbers crunchers, I'm rounding a bit to make the math simpler, and I'm not counting critical hits either. So, estimates are slightly slower than in game, but doesn't account for healing time or time for spawns to walk to the player.

A 150 level character with best gear can have around 600 str. A Red Monster has 30k hp and 150 arm. 30k/(600-150) = 67 attacks. It will take 67 attacks to kill 1. Attack speed is 1 every 0.7 seconds, so 67 attacks x 0.7 seconds is about 47 seconds to kill 1.

47 seconds x 500 red monsters is 23,500 seconds. That's over 6.5 hours to complete the quest when you get it.

About 2 levels of grinding xp is gained from 500 red monsters at level 150. A bonus level means less than 2 hours per level. Definitely below par for grinding or other options...
Syor

Post by Syor »

I don't think about the XP I earn. I have to do a mission, easy or difficult, I have a mission. I can also take 1 year to complete it, but the result does not change.

For these missions I get 1 level as a gift.

I fulfill my mission, get my level, and move on.

Then if while doing this mission I get XP, and drops, then all gained

We don't have to compare these missions to grinding. To grind we use pet, here we are alone.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Fair enough, but if you got a job in real life and you normally make x amount per day/hour, you won't want to do another job for 1/4 of that. It would be a waste of time unless you don't have other work/options.

Some players seem to feel the same about use of their time in gaining xp. I'm just framing it that way with numbers that show the feelings might be justified.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

How it all works with acc more than 5k, or better 10k ?

Kind regards....SK :)
DUKE of SK-Clan
Aogon

Post by Aogon »

Nothing is different at higher levels.