Forgotten Tales 8.10.0 Beta

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

compbatant
Site Admin

Forgotten Tales 8.10.0 Beta

Post by compbatant »

Changing pages (backpack, shop, quest log, etc) with swipe or mouse scroll.
Monster ID displayed in the editor.
Displaying edit button on sandbox maps. So you can open editor simpler than typing /e in chat window.
Small improvements and fixes.
Hotkeys in PC version:
i - open inventory
m - open map
+- - zoom in/out
1,2,3,4,5,6 - activates first, second, etc skill or consumable item.
space or f - "fire" button
enter - open chat

Clan shop - not activated yet.
Clan will be able to sell & buy items from other clan members.
I am wondering also if adding such functionality to private house is good idea. What do you think?
However there are so many private houses in all areas, some are just rocks or trees and this would look stupid if this would be a shop.

Download links:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17401
Syor

Re: Forgotten Tales 8.10.0 Beta

Post by Syor »

oleeeeee

Big changes and I like them all.

I can understand a shop in the clan where members buy and sell, but in the private house who buys and sells ???? Only I have access to my home.

However, the idea is good if you do this: make the houses small shops, with only a few slots, maybe 10. Anyone who passes by your house has the opportunity to see what you have, and if they want to buy it.

I also await the opinions of others
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Syor wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:01 pm I can understand a shop in the clan where members buy and sell, but in the private house who buys and sells ???? Only I have access to my home.
No no. Members manage the shop, add items for sell, specify prices and what items buy. Other clan members can buy & sell in that shop.
In private shop you manage shops. Others can buy & sell what you defined.
Leone

Post by Leone »

In the private shop, would the inventory slots be included within the player's usual allocation or a a totally separate page? Also, could a player opt in or out of using their house as a private shop when they choose?
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Great sounding changes! Thanks!

As far as selling at houses, I agree it might look a bit strange as well. Also, you would be running all over the map to find who might have an item you need and at what price. That would also make comparing prices harder than now.

I feel like a unified location would work better, but that would also be more difficult to code and use if there are hundreds of items there for different prices to look through. A search function of some kind, at the least, would certainly be needed.

Maybe for the combined store, a reverse auction sort of process would work. Show the items for sale and the price along with number that can be purchased at that price. The lowest price gets displayed/sold first. When all at that price are bought, the next best price is shown along with number at that price, and, etc.

This would, however, make it hard to buy or sell from a particular person. So, implementing my ideas sound like too much work probably! Lol

I do think managing the selling of items through houses (why not also bank and tavern?) is a good way to go whether there is a single location or not.

Please keep the good changes coming!
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Oh, good questions! I assume they would be part of current storage. I would also think that if you're not selling anything at your house, then it wouldn't show up as a shop. I'm interested in the real answer too though. :)
Leone wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:56 pm In the private shop, would the inventory slots be included within the player's usual allocation or a a totally separate page? Also, could a player opt in or out of using their house as a private shop when they choose?
N!ce

Post by N!ce »

compbatant wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:48 pm Changing pages (backpack, shop, quest log, etc) with swipe or mouse scroll.
Monster ID displayed in the editor.
Displaying edit button on sandbox maps. So you can open editor simpler than typing /e in chat window.
Small improvements and fixes.
Hotkeys in PC version:
i - open inventory
m - open map
+- - zoom in/out
1,2,3,4,5,6 - activates first, second, etc skill or consumable item.
space or f - "fire" button
enter - open chat

Clan shop - not activated yet.
Clan will be able to sell & buy items from other clan members.
I am wondering also if adding such functionality to private house is good idea. What do you think?
However there are so many private houses in all areas, some are just rocks or trees and this would look stupid if this would be a shop.

Download links:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17401
Oh my god, am I sleeping now ?! Finally added hotkeys for the pc version! Finally, at least some kind of analogue of the player store! :o
I use a translator
N!ce

Post by N!ce »

compbatant wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:20 pm
Syor wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:01 pm I can understand a shop in the clan where members buy and sell, but in the private house who buys and sells ???? Only I have access to my home.
No no. Members manage the shop, add items for sell, specify prices and what items buy. Other clan members can buy & sell in that shop.
In private shop you manage shops. Others can buy & sell what you defined.
Dear developer, as for me, I have just a great idea for a store in private houses!
And what if at some location (on the starting 0.0, for example) we add a new store building and all the items that the players put in the slot for sale in their house fall into the slot of the same building and anyone can buy anything from there and this way, players can avoid revealing the coordinates of their house from unnecessary times and it also won't look stupid as with the same stone, and the landmark will be very easy because everyone will know where to go if they need to buy something from the player.
I use a translator
Inperfect

Post by Inperfect »

updated.. why the chat doesn't open..
Inperfect 600 lvl, Xaaa 201 lvl, Error Game 173 lvl, lnperfect 150 lvl
min tip

Post by min tip »

with the update, the problem is clicked on the icon, the information about the pet is thrown out of the game