North Pole views.

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: North Pole views.

Post by LostKnight »

Personally, I think the map is AWESOME!

Yes buildings that do nothing - YET!
- quite possibly next year something will be added.
- and if there is I hope it's just a couple of little tweaks.
- save some room for 2022, 2023 and forward....

There is a lot of room to "add" to that map which makes looking forward to Christmas 2021, 2022, 23 etc. just that much more exciting.

The same as a kid looking out a window at the dark skies of Christmas Eve hoping to see Santa and his 8 reindeer. Rudolf's nose will shine bright and let him know.....

EXCELLENT MAP - Much appreciated for your work!
KUDOS!
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Just an idea LordSeth I see the changes in your original post...but they did not appear in the "new posts" category so I didn't know any changes were made. Perhaps you should make a new post also announcing the changes or referring back to "please check OP" so everyone is notified.
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ Gullander

Bookmark the first post and visit it occasionally.
I was always AFK!
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

In my opinion it is a great event. But the drops go only to the highet player most likely the highest mage. Instead I think the following rules should be added:

1st the drop goes to a random person of the people killing the boss. Everyone who gets a drop gets their chance decreased, everyone who didn't get a drop got their chance in creased. If a player does one hit and leave it does not count. The player must be attacking the boss 95% of the time the boss was alive.

2cnd If you used two accounts to attack the boss to double your chance all of your accounts used + your highest accout so you don't use a couple low ones would be jaild for 1 month. Spawning mobs just to kill pets should be punished somehow too I'd say with 1 month in jail. However 2 different people form the same place could do it just not the exact same person

3rd you need at least level 100 to be able to enter the pool.

I'd say a 9/10 if we ignore the drops issues and a 4/10 cos of the entire event being bassed on drops and they being completely unfair to most people spending a ton of time just for the small chance that does not exist.

Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I think it would be an option to make this into a straightforward quest line.

NPC on spawn had an easy quest that gives you access to the North Pole map or its equivalent.

NPC on North Pole map requires a few drops. Having separate level areas would be good. Drops not too difficult to get and are no-trade items. (Everything would if course be non-fish as well.) It could even be like keys where you drop one and can't hold another. (You can store keys in the bank or the like, but it wouldn't do much good.)

Get access to a boss. Have it be like the chaos dragon where stats are based on your level. Defeat boss and have an altar like the artifact one that ports you to spawn. Grab your drop.

Bring drop to NPC on start map for random prize.

Use quest IDs to block access to areas depending on what has been completed.

Straightforward. Not as social, but cuts out the complaints to a large degree.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

SellSword wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:34 pm I think it would be an option to make this into a straightforward quest line.

NPC on spawn had an easy quest that gives you access to the North Pole map or its equivalent.

NPC on North Pole map requires a few drops. Having separate level areas would be good. Drops not too difficult to get and are no-trade items. (Everything would if course be non-fish as well.) It could even be like keys where you drop one and can't hold another. (You can store keys in the bank or the like, but it wouldn't do much good.)

Get access to a boss. Have it be like the chaos dragon where stats are based on your level. Defeat boss and have an altar like the artifact one that ports you to spawn. Grab your drop.

Bring drop to NPC on start map for random prize.

Use quest IDs to block access to areas depending on what has been completed.

Straightforward. Not as social, but cuts out the complaints to a large degree.
I was actually just thinking about a way in game perhaps maybe a "Santa's Helper" NPC that of course would be dressed as Santa that would accept the golden tickets and give the redeeming player an item of a random chance. Much like how the 2k Altar works.
DwarfTank-lvl2093(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2608
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

My thoughts were a little bit close to DwarfTank's (cuz great minds think alike)
The map is beautiful I first need to say.

1) more spawn points in the event room. And also multiple locations for Boss spawn. Similar to how the golden boss dragons spawn in different locations of the map. This way the boss spawn location will be unpredictable. Also if regular spawn was increased from several locations would be better. With these two changes in spawn no one would would know where the boss will spawn. And when they walk around to get to the boss spawn will trigger more regular spawn. I noticed a lot of standing around because there was only two spawn triggers

2) there are several opportunities to add on to this map with the empty buildings. You can add on by separating not only level but also class event rooms
0--500lv
501--1000lv
1001--4000lv
4001--8000lv
8001--?????lv
×5 if you also want to separate for the different classes( which honestly I think would be better)

3) change the "golden Santa ticket" into "Christmas card"
The "Christmas card" would act like a key to open up 2 Christmas presents boxs. Christmas present boxes can be set random or even according to level. With a maximum of only two Christmas boxes One account can only get 2 Christmas prizes

Again I think the map is beautiful and with a few minor tweaks it could be even better. Being a veteran GM with Santa experience under my belt I can only imagine how hard it was for Santa this year. Having to remember who has
0 gift
1 gift
2 gifts
Must have been almost impossible haha. But seriously hats off to the GM that do put on the the Santa suit it's not easy. When I was GM it was a running joke that the Santa suit could be punishment for anyone who misbehaves :lol:
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Cleopatra wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:53 am When I was GM it was a running joke that the Santa suit could be punishment for anyone who misbehaves :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: imagine that and muted without the [§] and a bag that holds: 0 items.
I was always AFK!
Rygost

Post by Rygost »

The event was perfect in every way simply because the GM team are VOLUNTEERS AND DO NOT GET PAID AND SACRIFICE TIME FROM THEIR PERSONAL LIVES TO EVEN BE HERE.

PERIOD.

:ghost:
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

Well said Ry, bravo