Upcoming changes

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

Recreating clan base should be allowed:

On any clan map.
31%
Only on the map where clan had their base before.
69%

Total votes: 98
justj99

Re: Upcoming changes

Post by justj99 »

_NICKPAN_ wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:15 am
Rothost wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:01 am
_NICKPAN_ wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:02 am I will post an unpopular opinion, and say that the new Trees respawning system is very good.

Makes you to actually go out to hunt for resources and gives foes the possibility to strike at the right time.
Don't ask for the game to be too easy, takes away fun.

What we can do (to fix issues on clan maps with so little moving space and tree respawn rate) Is adding a new item called Seeds.
I don't know where seeds could be obtained, probably shop.

But a player could use a seed to start growing plants.
That seed will not block any path, just be visible and attackable with Axe (which will have very low hp)
And after a few minutes, that seed grows into a tree and can be attacked for planks.

:?: Seeds could also count somehow as Clan Building that can be built even by marshals.
This does not need to be addressed with the new lag in the game already....it is a redundancy that will just cause more workload on the server...better to not have a new server overloaded immediately
Server does not lag, it's probably your internet connection problem. And even if it did, Comp will upgrade to new server soon.

And to avoid infinite trees spawning and blocking, we can limit to like 5 per clan. (and those 5 can spawn at ~10 minutes)
The way tree spawning works (on all maps, not just clan maps), is that when a tree is chopped down, a new one is spawned in a random free space on the map. So, the number of trees to chop is static. It's just the location that isn't the same.
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

if that's the case and how it works. nothing should change.
Boo
wofi

Post by wofi »

_NICKPAN_ wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:15 am
Rothost wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:01 am
_NICKPAN_ wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:02 am I will post an unpopular opinion, and say that the new Trees respawning system is very good.

Makes you to actually go out to hunt for resources and gives foes the possibility to strike at the right time.
Don't ask for the game to be too easy, takes away fun.

What we can do (to fix issues on clan maps with so little moving space and tree respawn rate) Is adding a new item called Seeds.
I don't know where seeds could be obtained, probably shop.

But a player could use a seed to start growing plants.
That seed will not block any path, just be visible and attackable with Axe (which will have very low hp)
And after a few minutes, that seed grows into a tree and can be attacked for planks.

:?: Seeds could also count somehow as Clan Building that can be built even by marshals.
This does not need to be addressed with the new lag in the game already....it is a redundancy that will just cause more workload on the server...better to not have a new server overloaded immediately
Server does not lag, it's probably your internet connection problem. And even if it did, Comp will upgrade to new server soon.

And to avoid infinite trees spawning and blocking, we can limit to like 5 per clan. (and those 5 can spawn at ~10 minutes)
That wouldn't be enought each tree should be like now just each drops around 30/50 trunks bushes 9/17
KalenFirst
thet1(ballista killer(carful your may be next 😮)
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

It's just too bad that clan maps just aren't big enough ;)
DwarfTank-lvl2093(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2608
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
gguggu

Post by gguggu »

Notice that there is an infinite tree in map 3, -3. Near the north staircase.

Wonder if it was a modification of ft or is it a bug?

In case this is a bug, please fix.
But I take this opportunity for a proposal:

On the problem of trees that disappear in clan maps (and which are a bit 'few).

You could give each clan 11 buildings + 1 tree.
(By preventing multiples of the single tree as it happens for other buildings).

I believe that the current situation regarding trees, while beautiful and innovative, still needs at least a small correction.
My above is a proposal in this perspective.
Thank you
ITALIA

VERDEBIANCOROSSO
r0binh00d

Post by r0binh00d »

compbatant wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:45 am I forgot about one more information.
FT 6.8 will be supported no longer than 1st of November. The Google ends support for one of the services used by this version at that date.
Currently only 7.5% of players use this version and it decreases every day.
Disabling this version will give many new possibilities because I will not have to worry about backward compatibility and many new features can be added.
up till last week i used v8171 the last update was the kick in the seat :((
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Previous posts have been addressing for some time that this was coming and why it was needed.