Reviewing Customized Items

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

Customized items are being reviewed. We are debating should they be droppable in PvP. Please vote!

Customized items should not be dropped in PvP
41%
Customized items should have %7.5 drop chance
50%
Customized items should have %15 drop chance
2%
I already voted once
7%

Total votes: 113
LordSeth

Reviewing Customized Items

Post by LordSeth »

Customized items currently have no drop chance.

They have been sold at a very low price to be undroppable and unfortunately players are loosing interest in the game because two spacific reasons.
1. There is no reward in PvP (most common complaint)
2. After a player customized a gear set they level up and acquire new gear for their level but they must purchase more item upgrades and the previous items become useless to the player and they can not trade the previous upgrade items to administration team for new item upgrades to use on new gear.

For customized items to remain undroppable the in app store cost is extremely low and it's been considered to raise the price (unlikely but has been brought up) but we hope with the most votes it will never come to that if the items become droppable. We do understand some players do not like PvP and dont want to loose gear to someone who may randomly come up and make a quick kill but we must look from all sides. Players are loosing interest in the game because their thrill is PvP and getting dropped items as trophies they can use or pass to a friend.
We want everyone to keep enjoying every aspect of the game but more importantly their favorite feature of the game and it is extremely difficult to keep everyone happy. We are trying to touch ground with everyone and get us all on the same page with some type of agreement.

Please give your vote. We want as many votes as we can get for this update so please tell everyone.

If you don't understand what we mean by "customized items" click on this link and you will know what we are referring to. https://forum.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopi ... 74#p137228
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
Gullander

Re: Reviewing Customized Items

Post by Gullander »

Is this thread for discussion or just voting. Thank you.
Retired
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Gullander wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:09 am Is this thread for discussion or just voting. Thank you.
Try to keep discussion to a minimum. Questions can be asked and answered and suggestions can be made but let's deffinantly stay on topic and keep things short to save time for everyone reading since we are all staying busy and preparing for holidays.

I did edit beginning post a bit so please look over one more time.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'm a non-PvP player and would prefer not to drop gear. That being said, since I don't engage in PvP I'm not overly concerned about dropping items anyhow.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I want what is good for the game...even if that means surrendering my gear invincibility to a potential drop. If the no drop is removed from the upgrade a lower price might be considered as compensation.
Retired
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

@Gullander & @SellSword -Thank you for your feedback and depending on the outcome of this voting pole if customized become droppable we will begin to look into ways to please also those who do not PvP at all. I've put alot of thought into a neutral status for players and if changes are made we may actually look further into that. As of now I don't have solid details on future possibilities. To stay on topic and see where this goes will determine what we move onto next.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
justj99

Post by justj99 »

I also fall in the "don't pvp" category. At higher levels, some of the items are almost impossible to get. Literally, months to get 1 item through normal game means (not buying from another player).

When those drops do happen, I'm sure it feels much more unfair to be dropped without wanting pvp than it does that a person can't be dropped in pvp.

I'm.sure the same people complaining also have upgraded items, I'm sure.
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

I DwarfTank will never be in support of real money purchases being dropped.
DwarfTank-lvl2093(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2608
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

The day "Upgraded Items" have a chance of dropping in PvP will be the last day LostKnight plays.

{snip edited to keep short}

Please keep "Upgraded Items" as no_drop.

PRE-EDIT: I see DwarfTank popped in a post before I could finish this.
- I agree 100% with him.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

If i paid for it, its mine unless i sell it. What next, ability to target pets ? Or how about seiging houses for ownership ?
Those are the same mentality.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-