complete old quests before new ones

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

rearrow

complete old quests before new ones

Post by rearrow »

I believe that the reason some people cant talk with npc s is that they have not completed relevant old quests.
my advice for them is to complete all old quests before trying the new ones.
(i actualky think i know which ones are relevant).
Gandalf
Site Admin

Re: complete old quests before new ones

Post by Gandalf »

i agree 100%. it is the storyline. to be able to play it, you have to do a lot of quests (in a-rrow :D )
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
Rick170165

Post by Rick170165 »

Is there (or will there be) a way to go back to quest? I didn't pick up book from forester so that has had knock-on effect that has stopped me doing further quests.
Bunzi

Post by Bunzi »

This is a good point, but it brings to light a fundemental problem with FT that has yet to have been addressed.

You can't have a linear storyline and haphazardly offer quest items. In addition, your debugging must be very thorough.

Case in point: The boy who needed the red mushrooms is still waiting on me to deliver them even though the mushroom mobs aren't dropping them. I started that quest over 50 levels ago and kill mushrooms every time I pass through there. Still, no mushrooms drop. If that is part of the storyline that is holding me up, then I'm sunk.

As suggested by others, quest items should be automatically inserted into bp. But more importantly, the storyline shouldn't be so rigid that it stops progression.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I agree with the premise (though your example is flawed... those mushrooms are on the ground and maybe dropped by special monsters, not dropped by regular ones ;) ) but yeah, in mmo it's OK for now because the mods can intervene (not the end-game best option, simply good enough for now) but in rpg you've gotta be really careful ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Leone

Post by Leone »

Bunzi wrote:This is a good point, but it brings to light a fundemental problem with FT that has yet to have been addressed.

You can't have a linear storyline and haphazardly offer quest items. In addition, your debugging must be very thorough.

Case in point: The boy who needed the red mushrooms is still waiting on me to deliver them even though the mushroom mobs aren't dropping them. I started that quest over 50 levels ago and kill mushrooms every time I pass through there. Still, no mushrooms drop. If that is part of the storyline that is holding me up, then I'm sunk.

As suggested by others, quest items should be automatically inserted into bp. But more importantly, the storyline shouldn't be so rigid that it stops progression.
If I recall correctly, you don't actually have to kill the mushroom men to complete this quest. They drop keys when killed and that's it. The red mushrooms are waiting to be picked from the ground and show up as white dots on your map screen thingy.

But - I take the point you are making. At early levels I used to discard some items as I did not appreciate their value. In this case, why carry red mushrooms when you can fill your backpack with healing potions?!

Maybe PM a mod and they could give you the red mushrooms? Just a thought.
Leone

Post by Leone »

LOL - sorry Blitz. You beat me to it!
Bunzi

Post by Bunzi »

blitzcraig wrote:I agree with the premise (though your example is flawed... those mushrooms are on the ground and maybe dropped by special monsters, not dropped by regular ones ;) ) but yeah, in mmo it's OK for now because the mods can intervene (not the end-game best option, simply good enough for now) but in rpg you've gotta be really careful ;)
Thanks for the response, and to Leone as well. I hadn't tried for a while and totally forgot the mechanics of the quest. My problem was that the mushrooms couldn't be picked up. I could click on them but only get the target indicator, not the green arrow.

I went back to the scene of the crime just now and to my surprise picked up the mushrooms. Flawed analogy, indeed.

But then again, doesn't that actually prove my point? I've not been able to pick up the dang mushrooms, so I just disregarded the notice in the quest log and moved on. If that had been integral to the progression of the story, I would still have been hindered.

I really do appreciate this community. So very helpful to even silly newbs like me.
Rick170165

Post by Rick170165 »

Good your problem is sorted Bunzi but I'm still stuck. No book - no gravedigger, no beekeeper, no bee stings etc etc etc. Feel like looking for another game to play at times. Any suggestions please guys? :? :idea:
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

send me a pm and we will get it all sorted out ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏