Finish "Houses" storyline first for awesome reward!

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

Whitestar67

Re: Finish "Houses" storyline first for awesome reward!

Post by Whitestar67 »

Grr, gonna start knowing on some wood shortly
SilverStar- lvl 365 - solo roaming around mage

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

do we have to wait now for translations before updates?
thats not right:
main language is english as stated in rules.

also translaters are players,
its easy to be a translater.
if they translate it they will have the solutions to quests which gives advantages. so translators should be excluded from contest.
but they got alts also got alts which gm doesnt know about. and ciuld tell friends.

so basicly you cant have it translated by players if you do a contest. it will surely be abused.

even new items or mosters can not be translated by players before they are added to the game.
if a translator/player knows a lv350 wand is comming he can use that info to sell his stack of lv200 wands at reduced price since he knows prices will drop fast. if he knows a certain monster drops a certain.new item.he can go farm it and make a large amound of money selling the new item at high price.
(before others know where to get it).
a rich player isnt a problem. but in aclan it could finance towers etc, buy gear, and influence clan warfare that way.

it wont even be on purpose in many cases. you cant help to use what u know.
and some translaters are known rulebreakers....

INFO ON NEW ITEMS, MINSTERS,QUESTS,MAPS SHOULD BE RELEASED TO ALL PLAYERS SIMULTANIOUSLY.

TRANSLATORS ARE NOT GM, THEY ARE PLAYERS, WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS SIMILAR TO GM.SOME WILL ABUSE INFO..

sidenote. could gm make sure / ask that solution to quest is not posted in the first weeks, or remove it if it is?
Last edited by rearrow on Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

Yes I saw that problem too and I also think it's unfair :|
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

we're actually discussing this exact issue lol... right now compbatant is asleep I'm guessing, so we'll see what he decides in his morning ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Insider

Post by Insider »

I completely disagree with rearrow. Game is translated in about 15 languages. Its not always easy to understand "Where shall I go after talking to this guy?" - and imagine people who dont speak english... its impossible for them. Many people started that game in their language, and it will be terrible for them to wait week more because of language bareer.
naomi

Post by naomi »

Thats why there is a universal language to fill that gap which is english...

Im a Filipino and i speak Tagalog ;)
username:naomi lvl.1,631 archer (ADIK-Marshal)
username:naomii lvl.72 archer (ADIK-Duke)

IS NOW ACTIVE...
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

Insider wrote:I completely disagree with rearrow. Game is translated in about 15 languages. Its not always easy to understand "Where shall I go after talking to this guy?" - and imagine people who dont speak english... its impossible for them. Many people started that game in their language, and it will be terrible for them to wait week more because of language bareer.
we do disagree.
translations arean extra service provided by volunterr players.

main game language is english ( my languages are dutch and thai btw, im not native english speaker).
all players are supposed to understand some. they need it tofollowgm instructions. unless all gms speak all languages.

the fact that some people dont speak any english at all is causing many problems already. thinks like blocking, spawn stealing etc. and not understanding if they told so.

even most big games with huge development teams and professional.translators limit themselves to 3-4 main languages.

its great ft has more. but it should not hold back the game and updates. ft translaters do the quests and after that they can translate for the totally non english speakers. or totally non english speakers do them together with bilangual players.

lastly,

these are higher lvl quests lv250 needed blitz wrote, i think lmoat if not all lv250+ players speak a bit of english.
Piffl / El Majo

Post by Piffl / El Majo »

The new update difficulty level is very important (Blitz is not for nothing known as the sadistic bee :mrgreen:)

I think the translators will have no big advantage here. And I think we all want to make the game accessible to everybody, and translate it was and is a big step in that direction.

Ah, on a sidenote, before give the reward, will check carefully the winner.

So before all us start with the complaints, wait to play it. :lol:
Currently inactive
Game Admin (GM)

Useful Links: General game help | Quest list | Forum Rules | Game Rules

Languages Spoken: Català, Español, English
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

no complaints.but there is a principle here.

but i suggest translators and beta testers ( if its beta tested) are excluded from competition ( i am a betatester btw). or 3 sets of prices.

generally..i dont think its ok that development/release is slowed because of of a few totally non english speakers if u use volunteer players as translators.

unless u can guarantee that all 15 translations are completed in a week.
but the problem.is bigger. some of theze languages are not even spoken by any gm. how can they do their jobs if they cant talk to these one language only players. how can these players know the unspoken rules/ etiquette.
if u make the multilanguage feature official by waiting development because of it, instead of a service provided by enrhousiastic players, you must also fully support it by having gm support in these languages available at most times.

the fact that mods are often hard to find is solved by players explaining things to newbies if they cause problems, and they do many times a day. only in extreme cases players complain tomods or need mods. but this cant be done if there are no.modswho speak the problem causing players only language.

a game need one or a few official languages which is spoken by most or at least several mods. and these mods should be available often.if you make officiallanguages english, spsnish, russian thats fine.
if you have the support in place. but not too many .
Insider

Post by Insider »

NO announce before translating 100%