The most powerful character

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ryaca

The most powerful character

Post by Ryaca »

Which is the most powerful character? After that, from strongest to weakest, what is the 2nd, 3rd, and so on of the characters that are left after the most powerful?
BOO!:ghost:
James142

Re: The most powerful character

Post by James142 »

It all depends on what you mean, but mage is pretty much the #1 strongest.
The OG Rasta

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

High lvls pvp.

Mage
Sword
Ogre/Archer
Dwarf.

Lvl 500ish and under.

Mage/sword (Ive managed to happily kill mages on my sword at around this lvl pre-spell resis update)

Archer/ogre
Dwarf.

My opinions. Cleo can weigh in a bit more on dwarfs. I do mages and swords.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I'd pretty well agree there, with the exception that I would separate archers from ogres and give clear advantage to archer... also note that all this is assuming a properly equipped melee vs. improperly equipped ranged fighter (stun weapons /unfreeze pots)

Also, this is pvp only.. pve I would say mage, dwarf, archer, sword, ogre. This, then would slightly affect how you look at the pvp rankings (i.e. a dwarf with 500 hours will be much higher level than an ogre with 500 hours, so it makes for a difficult comparison for grinders vs. buyers)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Thank you. That was a very detailed breakdown of all of the characters. I currently have a level 21 swordsman, a level 7 archer, a level 8 ogre, a level 10 dwarf, and a level 4 mage. This gives me a definite shove in the right direction that helps me decide which character I am going to stick with and invest the most time in. I am pretty new to the game and from all of the information I have read on the forumns I see that I have much to learn. Am looking forward to seeing everything this great game has to offer. Thank you everyone for putting in the time to explain things to a newer player. I really appreciate the forumns.
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

Yeah. I put archers and ogres together on that list because Im undecided personally on them. Ive seen battles for and against each. For pvp Ive see it go both ways and there are a few really clever ogre players. Still, Id have to saw the swords second best in pvp.

While mage pvp is fast and at higher lvls absolutely wreaks. I find sword pvp to be more fun.

Just my two cents though.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Why are swords so powerful in pvp but not pve?
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

they're good in pve also, but I'll explain my opinion:

in pvp, the "always hit" skill they have bypasses opponent dex AND armor, which is huge (especially since the arm:str ratio is still quite high) in pve this is not so important since you will generally choose a monster you can beat anyway.

additionally, the dwarf jumps to the head of the line in pve with his multi-hit skill, which is virtually worthless in pvp

you could easily argue that sword is better than archer in pve, I just give the edge to archer because he has easier time grinding ranged monsters because he doesn't have to waste time chasing them down (plus has easier time leeching xp when working with high levels since he doesn't have to get close)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Leone

Post by Leone »

I play a dwarf and an archer. Which is instinctivly easier? The archer all the way. You track back my posts ages ago on this issue and I'll stand by ranged over melee definitely then and still now.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Thank you for explaining that. That does make a lot of sense. There are so many things to consider when starting a new character.