Trade Assistance - Report Scammers & Cheaters

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: Trade Assistance - Report Scammers & Cheaters

Post by SellSword »

Seems like a few reports of this loser.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Like this post
Arashiko wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:00 am I still think scammers should be given a brown name colour (both in game, PM, /msg, Forum posts, and public and green chat)
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Mr_Maks wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:44 pm Like this post
Arashiko wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:00 am I still think scammers should be given a brown name colour (both in game, PM, /msg, Forum posts, and public and green chat)
Would make it much easier for players to identify a dodgy guy, would like to see this implemented :) Perhaps it would be wise for a little notice to pop up when you attempt to make a trade with a brown named player, explaining that they are a known scammer.
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Leone

Post by Leone »

I agree with these ideas and suggest other safeguards against scamming:

You can only trade if at least at level x.

You can only trade with people on your friend list.

There is not even an option to initiate trade unless someone is on your friend list.

If a player presses x to decline a trade and/or removes an item this is automatically sent as a red flag to game logs and so is easier to spot in the event of a scamming report.

Lets make life as difficult as possible for the worst of ft.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Leone wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:35 pm
You can only trade if at least at level x.(Yes, scammers mainly use low-level accounts, but on the other hand, players who want to change their class and help a new character transferring gold and things are also necessary.But I think it can be combined for players up to level 150 that they will not be able to trade without adding to friends ↓)
There is not even an option to initiate trade unless someone is on your friend list.

If a player presses x to decline a trade and/or removes an item this is automatically sent as a red flag to game logs and so is easier to spot in the event of a scamming report.(Complete agree with this)
I would like to add on my own that when you reject a trade, the second player can still endlessly lay out items for sale and the only thing that can save from this now is a re-entry into the game. This should also be fixed.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

The bigger question on the brown name idea is if they are identified as a scammer why allow them to trade at all by continued play? We mute language offenders why not scammers blocked too. Then they can only trade with those on their own friend list or if in a clan own clan buddies.
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

Gullander wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:08 pm The bigger question on the brown name idea is if they are identified as a scammer why allow them to trade at all by continued play? We mute language offenders why not scammers blocked too. Then they can only trade with those on their own friend list or if in a clan own clan buddies.
A very very good point. Well said.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Mr_Maks wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:54 pm I would like to add on my own that when you reject a trade, the second player can still endlessly lay out items for sale and the only thing that can save from this now is a re-entry into the game. This should also be fixed.
I believe that is resolved in the current version, or perhaps just the beta?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Gullander wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:08 pm The bigger question on the brown name idea is if they are identified as a scammer why allow them to trade at all by continued play? We mute language offenders why not scammers blocked too. Then they can only trade with those on their own friend list or if in a clan own clan buddies.
+10⁶

Still a brown name everywhere thought - and their alts!!!
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

SellSword wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:17 pm
Mr_Maks wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:54 pm I would like to add on my own that when you reject a trade, the second player can still endlessly lay out items for sale and the only thing that can save from this now is a re-entry into the game. This should also be fixed.
I believe that is resolved in the current version, or perhaps just the beta?
This error still works for all versions alas.