Trade Assistance - Report Scammers & Cheaters

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

vasinta

Re: Trade Assistance - Report Scammers & Cheaters

Post by vasinta »

SellSword wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:16 pm (...)It would be great if compbatant would do something to try and eliminate these issues. Cue vasinta cackling about the issue because she obviously likes doing that every time it's brought up, but it's something that needs to be fixed.
Actually, I *hate* having to see that the trade system is STILL having issues.
In Italy, we say "rido per non piangere", meaning I'm laughing but I'd like to cry.
Seriously, that such a serious problem has not been fixed yet is something every player should stop and think about.
Why is Mateusz not fixing this bug?
Is he not focused on making gameplay as good as possible for his players?
How long would players be fine with this bug?
What can they do so to induce him fixing it?
--
:popcorn: ardesia's other forum account
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Hello vasinta. It is good to see you.

I would like to let the players of FT know that several scammers have been jailed pending an investigation.

I can not release the details.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

ryaca_ wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:10 pm Hello vasinta. It is good to see you.

I would like to let the players of FT know that several scammers have been jailed pending an investigation.

I can not release the details.
And that IMHO is just wrong!

Do not need details BUT a few locked posts in a thread

Board index > Forgotten Tales Forum > General information > GM's doing their Jobs:
- Jailed Scammers
- Jailed Mob Killers (Dragging mobs)
- Jailed Pet Killers
- Jailed Dupers
- Others

No details just names - dates - length of term - odd details.

Bob - 11-09-2019 - 2 weeks
Iggy - 13-09-2019 - Permanent - all accounts

Each post gets edited by GM's when they jail someone - or at least the "Perm Jailed players".

Serves two purposes:
- honest player get hope things are happening
- dishonest players "may" start thinking twice.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Cashew wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:33 pm Slow down when trading
Yea, but you are an old player with experience. How many "new players" come to the forums and spend a month reading before they start playing.

New players are getting scammed because of a trade bug that is not fixed. And that is sending a BAD MESSAGE to them. Some quit very early in the game. Others last a little longer. Me I have come to the point I very rarely trade with strangers, and I do mean "rarely". And I screenshot all of those trades, and like you go slow - simply because I have been here a while.

Your post is a nice read, and great advice - for people that read the forums, I'd love to know what percentage of player actually for read them though. It sure doesn't help the "NewPlayer" who started a week ago and got scammed out of his hard earned gold.
I was always AFK!
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

I didn't mean that the players names can't be posted but I did not jail them and I can not post those details without Admin permission.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I'd appreciate an update to the 2016 list. A legacy of Hobbs.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

ryaca_ wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:15 am I didn't mean that the players names can't be posted but I did not jail them and I can not post those details without Admin permission.
OK, understood.

But also like what Leone is saying too.
I was always AFK!
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

I've seen all of the "ideas" mentioned the past few pages be implemented to prevent against scamming and people STILL get scammed.

Flashing red boxes with exclamation points over the items, 2 step trading screens where first shows the items and second shows the items in text to read, ALSO with red flashing highlight if anything had been changed after putting it up for trade, plus changing the actual color of the numbers/text of gold amounts to try and prevent the xxxM to xxxK scam; all whilst preventing any "accepting" for a few seconds after each change.

It doesn't matter if I'm an older player or not, trading is common in many MMO games. If FT is their first MMO with trading, I tell all who get scammed to take it as a learning lesson just like getting hurt IRL. You learn not to do whatever you did to get hurt again.

There will always be players trying to scam as long as there's trading. The only way to 100% prevent yourself from being scammed is to just slow down and pay attention.

Yes there are lots of improvements that can be done, but whilst waiting on those (if they ever come) it's best to learn how to work the system that's already implemented to prevent yourself from being scammed.

If players don't wanna read the forums cuz they're too lazy that's fine, they're the ones shooting themselves in the foot by not informing themselves. It's not that I don't feel sympathy, it's that short of removing all Player-to-Player trading there will always be scamming.
KlNG

Post by KlNG »

Screenshot_20190911-120351.png
Screenshot_20190911-120351.png (3.01 MiB) Viewed 7042 times
KlNG wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:48 pm My Account is KlNG (small L as I) and i was asking for a pet the player Diaboluus sended me a trade request but a second before i hit the green button he switched the pet for a fish and ran away
i was walking behind him and told him to stop and give my money back but he told me the fish is a good pet for me

My money was 1.800.000.000 or 1.800M
his account is "Diaboluus" Mage lv 57
it was today on 11.Sep around 11:55am german time
please help me

(i have screenshots of his acc running away and igoring me but idk how to put them in here)
Attachments
Screenshot_20190911-114821.png
Screenshot_20190911-114821.png (2.9 MiB) Viewed 7042 times
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Very good report king.