Trade Assistance - Report Scammers & Cheaters

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: Trade Assistance - Report Scammers & Cheaters

Post by SellSword »

My take might not be popular on this, but I would say it is taking advantage of someone and not "scamming" someone. Now, do NOT take any of this to suggest I have no issue with this, because I certainly don't approve of what was done.

However, section 7(e) of the information requested for reporting asks the reporter to "describe what part of the deal the cheater did not follow through with," and in a situation like this every part of the deal was followed through upon.

This is the same thing as selling a level 100 amulet for 60m when it can be purchased in a store for 6m. It's pretty despicable on the seller's end to do so, but both parties can agree to a lopsided deal. If a player buys a piece of gear for 600m and later sees someone else selling it for 300m that doesn't make the first person a scammer.

I would go along with many descriptors of the seller in this case (and again, certainly don't condone it), but I personally don't see a scam.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

SellSword does hold a very good point and to be logical scamming did not take place through the deal as he said, looking at it this way. The deal was negotiated and delt through as agreed on. Only thing is there is many ways to see someone as a scammer. In this case the old con-artist, is a con-artist not considered a scammer? He lays out a deal and makes it seem to be a good deal but as we know he gets this on a youngster that doesn't know any better.
I'll give you magic shovel what ever you plant with it you shall see growth 10× faster and abundant with crop if you will give me your largest pig to butcher. Y'all know how the story goes. Lol

But anyhow it's basically a loss for the victim and a bad name for the scam.
Nothing can be done here but this player can be put on the radar for the future.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
Leone

Post by Leone »

LordSeth wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:16 am

Do you mean BLAZE_KING level 1250 mage?

And if this particular players is named as I asked this is a traded account.
I also agree with Sellsword's interpretation and I also knew the original Blaze King and agree with Seth's description.

That being said, note the comment above about a traded account. Here you have your instance of breaking the rules.
Leone

Post by Leone »

the hammer wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:20 pm My name: Dr Magic
Incidentally, your ingame name and forum name are very different - in fact your forum name reminds me of someone who used to play.

When you last played 2 years ago, what was your ingame name?

Sorry for going off-topic.
witch

Post by witch »

dr magic , i want to say sorry for wha happend to you tthis was an abuse and so sorry again for what im going to say.
He first ask me if I'm new and I told him havent played in 2 year. So than he told me I'll sell you the lvl 500 set it worth worth 13b. So I ask some people around and no one replied. 
 I believed the lvl 500 set was worth 13b I find out today that is worth about 300m a piece
this guy didn't scam you he took advantage of you ... this guy cowardly lied to take your money , saddly in this case you agreed with the deal and according to the rule 5b (any such trades are at you own risk )if you think a item its too expensive do not buy it , keep asking around for a better price , you need to be patient or you are going to make more bad deals , if nobody answer your questions about something in the game try the forum there's a lot of good ppl helping also some of them including mysel give free items . But theres little bit of light in here cos also rule say if this guy keep doing it he will be in jail (i wish they can add this to the rule 5b : selling any kind of item at ridiculous high prices will be punished ) . And i hope the team keeps an eye on him thanks to your report .
Rule 5 b.
Trade deals involving real money purchases are not supported.
Read this rule (click "Show") -->: Hide

It is very likely, that another player may approach you, asking to make a trade deal in exchange for game purchases. 
Any such trades are at your own risk! 
You will not have lost items, gold etc. replaced, or promised purchases given to you, if someone cheats you on such a deal. You can, however, report such a player, who then may be punished at the GM team's discretion. Repeated offenders may be punished more severely, up to and including permanent jailing. This may also be covered under rule 9.

Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
SENIOR GM
NOW -> RETIRED GM
Useful Links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

IMHO he was scammed ... yes I agree: buyer beware/seller beware. But he was scammed.
→scam scammer: Show
scam ~ noun
1. a fraudulent business scheme
scam ~ verb
1. deprive of by deceit
He swindled me out of my inheritance; She defrauded the customers who trusted her; the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change
fraudulent ~ adj
1. intended to deceive
deceitful advertising; fallacious testimony; smooth, shining, and deceitful as thin ice - S.T.Coleridge; a fraudulent scheme to escape paying taxes
deceit ~ noun
1. the quality of being fraudulent
2. a misleading falsehood
3. the act of deceiving
scammer ~ noun very rare
1. a person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud
The deception and/or misleading falsehood: it's worth 13b ... hey I save 2b
And the why: I was desperate for a premium skin

The fact that the deal was accepted at face value falls under: seller beware. But it does not change the fact that the buyer did knowingly state a "misleading falsehood" allowing the seller to think he was getting a deal.

By that's just my opinion!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

Why would this be considered scamming? There is no set prices that I have been able to find anywhere? Prices on items change all the time. If a new qwest comes out that requires a jade pendant, for example, the price of that item escalates. In this situation, the buyer got a set of gear with no effort, no crafting , no grinding, no mining...He paid, maby overpaid, and BOOM !what da ya know. He now has the gear he wanted. I think we have all paid a higher price for items that we needed or wanted at one time or another. The buyer got the exact items he wanted for the price he agreed to pay. I just cant see any other way to look at this. Lets go after the real scammers that are literally stealing other players gear or gold or money.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

LIZARDKING wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:25 pm {snip} Lets go after the real scammers that are literally stealing other players gear or gold or money.
It's a fine line I admit and I did say seller/buyer beware, so I'll drop it.

However that last sentence. OH YEA! Hunt them down like the scu... scammers they are!

LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

Haha Ill say it LK. The SCUM. Things are really looking up here. Lots of good characters wanting to GM or vigilante or hunt outlaws. Need to fast track the approval for these GM applicants.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

LIZARDKING wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:12 am Haha Ill say it LK. The SCUM. Things are really looking up here. Lots of good characters wanting to GM or vigilante or hunt outlaws. Need to fast track the approval for these GM applicants.
YES!!!!!!!! italics mine
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.