One player killed my pet

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Blaze

Re: One player killed my pet

Post by Blaze »

For a lower lv player who's spent cash on pets they have really the worst chance of keeping them. I've seen $2.50 red mummies running around u think they gonna make it. Lol. If a player is upgrading to a higher lv pet then of course paying again would be standard. But for brand New pet to be wiped out one hr after purchase is unacceptable. This is for the enjoyment of all players. This is a serious delimma for players who actually contribute to the funding of the game. Please don't take advantage of our willingness to pay for something that benefits our gaming experiece.
BLAZE KING Lv 1140 TRIO
Shotu

Post by Shotu »

Or, maybe once a pet is purchaced it can be bought in pet shop for that person.
User-
1shotu (main)
Tap11 (mage)
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

blitzcraig wrote:I still wish they were like gear... equip them when you want them, unequip when you don't ;)

but to be clear, the "can't buy second pet from shop" mechanic is intentional, not a bug

I like it. You can put two pets in the bag and no more.
I would buy another dragon . ^ . ^ And With it you put the other pet in the bag , buy the dragon and equip again the other pet.
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TRANSLATOR (Spanish)

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

Shotu wrote:Or, maybe once a pet is purchaced it can be bought in pet shop for that person.
I really like this idea.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Dr-Octopus

Post by Dr-Octopus »

blitzcraig wrote:I still wish they were like gear... equip them when you want them, unequip when you don't ;)

but to be clear, the "can't buy second pet from shop" mechanic is intentional, not a bug
I dont think a pet will be able to fit in that small bag.So,
Like poke ball we can create a FT ball.And a small ball icon can be shown in the display.If u click on ball,the pet will go inside the ft ball.And if u want to use your pet again u can select and throw the FT Ball :lol: :lol:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Dr-Octopus

Post by Dr-Octopus »

And when you purchase a pet you can get 10-15 Forgotten Tale Ball for free.After the FT ball is used and is over you have to purchase the FT Ball from game menu. :)
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

madmaniacal1 wrote:
So instead of killing one, it's moved to backpack? GENIUS!!! However, highly abusable. When nearly dead, folks will unequip like selling clan building. Then try to reequip at full health. If the pet's hp was incorporated into the data in backpack, then it would not be abusable. Could even be tradable, but not equipable without appropriate lvls. A thriving market in the making...
P.s. quest pets would NOT be unequipable. (sorry Resa)
Actually this particular subject of storing your pets has been a topic for quite some time. I personally think it would be a good idea to store your pet at either the bank or the hotel instead of write in your bag or something
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
Bence

Post by Bence »

Hmm not bad idea.
"We are unity in diversity"
lvl 1006 mage
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

We could have a NPC Caretaker whose job is to shelter pets.

They wouldn't be in a shop anymore but in a Pets House instead, run buy this Caretaker.
In an old Dragonquest episode you had something similar.

In FT, you could go to Pets House, see the list of available pets, which will be different depending on the player and could be working like that:
_ normal pets, the ones already in game, can be bought with game gold as they are now at shop
_ special pets appear in Pets House list after they are purchased with real world money and can be called to follow you for free or under a gold fee so to pay their hosting (depending on creator's decision)

The Caretaker would tell players if they can or cannot call a pet, depending on they already being or not in a dog company
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I've seen some good ideas and some silly (thx ock) but i can see that ANY of these would take a major system overhaul. The added data storage of keeping inactive pets for even half of the active players...nvm set it up like the bank, but have a time limit before withdraw (time for the pet to heal, etc.) This would make it simpler. And making purchaseable pets available for players who have bought them sounds nice, but them comes the task of setting gold prices on them. Great ideas, but not an overnight task.
Omnes Autem Uri