Dexterity

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ryaca

Dexterity

Post by Ryaca »

I've searched high and low on the internet and fell into a rabbit hole trying to understand everything about dexterity. Apparently, dexterity is one of the most confusing stats in RPG's according to the internet. One useful tip that I did find is that dexterity works differently depending on which game you are playing. In some games, it helps you attack faster. In others, it helps you get critical hits or helps you dodge enemy attacks. In a few games, it makes you virtually invulnerable to enemy attacks if you have enough points in dexterity. In others, it increases your movement speed. In rare cases, dexterity does all of these things. My question is this: what exacty does dexterity do in Forgotten Tales? Any feedback on this topic that confuses the heck out of me would be greatly appreciated.
BOO!:ghost:
madmaniacal1

Re: Dexterity

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Dexterity affects hit chance and dodge chance.
Omnes Autem Uri
Tnickel

Post by Tnickel »

Dex is a very complex stat in most RPGs but is also very useful however Forgotton talesMMoRPG is very basic. Allow me to explain each stat its easier to understand dex.
Str- For every 1 point of str adds 1pt dmg. So if you have a weapon speed of 7 and 100str every 700millisecond you have a potential to do 100 dmg. Also str adds 98 hp per pt of str.
Arm- For every 1 pt reduces physical dmg (str based attacks) by 1pt so you have 60 arm your opponent has 100str you have a potential to reduce his dmg to 40. Also 1pt adds 198 hp to max.
Dex- increases the chance to hit a target/perform a critical hit. 5>opponent dex equals a hit. So you have 20 dex and your opponent has 23 dex your opponent will have a greater chace to hit you. Everyone has a 1/11 chance to perform a critical hit. Also 1pt dex reduce 1pt of magical dmg. With that being said 1dex reduce 1pt of magic dmg but 1pt in mana does 1.5pt in dmg. Keep in mind when engaging a Mage in combat there green flow hits multiple targets and each target shares the dmg. So a mage hits for 100, two people attack each take 50dmg, now single attack you take the full 100. Dex is the only magic reduction as magic is 100% hit.
Hope this answered your questions!
Twisted Nickel AKA Death Cl0wn
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Thank you very much for that detailed explanation. Yes, it definitely answered my question and helped clear the fog from around my head. Hopefully, others will read this and it will help them also.
maleficence

Post by maleficence »

A clearer definition of dexterity is like rolling an eleven sided die. (In this case its a random numbers generator)
Marked -5, -4, -3, -2, -1, 0 ,1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Now a hit is successful if your dexterity is equal to or greater that you opponents.
This being modified by the roll.

So -5 will detract 5 from your dexterity a 3 will add 3 to it.

A +5 is always a successful hit and does max amount of damage regardless of ARM. (In this way, a mob of blue Vlads can still whittle down the HP of someone with 100 DEX

So that a character with 45 dexterity is effectively 40-50 dexterity in combat.
Another way to lookmat it is:
For every 1 point of dexterity you have above your opponent, you increase your chance to hit by 9% and decrease their chance to hit by the same amount.
It's the developers role to make changes that encourage gameplay in all of its aspects.
It's the players role to enhance gameplay and make it enjoyable for others.

Dejahlia(111) Faerie.
DejahIia (4) Freya (Valkyrie)
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

maleficence wrote:A clearer definition of dexterity is like rolling an eleven sided die. (In this case its a random numbers generator)
Marked -5, -4, -3, -2, -1, 0 ,1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Now a hit is successful if your dexterity is equal to or greater that you opponents.
This being modified by the roll.

So -5 will detract 5 from your dexterity a 3 will add 3 to it.
And that is the reason why for the suggestion "set your dex at monster one +6": even with the worst result (-5) your dex is going to still be greater than monster one
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Now this is starting to make sense. Thank you for all of your feedback.