Blue dungeon

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Sir Robin

Blue dungeon

Post by Sir Robin »

Ok so im starting back up after about a year away from f.t & im on the hoh quest. The quest manual says the blue dungeon blessing(quest 185) only needs to be lvl 85. My lvl 181 archer cant survive more than 30 sec against the devil who drops blue key #2. What am i missing that a lvl 85 can do this part & i can't? Dont you need key 2 to get down into the dungeon? I have searched the forums for days and still cant find an answer.
DaHobbit

Re: Blue dungeon

Post by DaHobbit »

Once you are in the blue room, you need to kill the Blinking Mages - not the Spectre Mages or the Blue Devils. Only the Blinking Mages drop the keys needed for that room.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Sir Robin

Post by Sir Robin »

I cant find the blue room. What building, what map, where are the stairs to get to the blue room? I have checked all of the houses & hoh. The only way i can figure getting in there is with key #2 in hoh. There has to be something im missing.
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

The middle house has a room in the top center of the map. You need the key from the Dark Devil (blue key 2) to enter that room. Take the stairs and you find yourself in the blue room. The blinking mage on both maps drop blue key 1 that opens the doors (except for the room I mentioned earlier). The drop rate is 50% so you should get a key fairly often, but remember, you can only hold one of the keys at a time so the second one will not drop. Pay attention to which door you enter and which door you exit. One door exits, the other door is the entrance. If you try the wrong door, you will lose the key, and need to get another.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Sir Robin

Post by Sir Robin »

Ok, ty for the info Dahobbit. Guess ill wait for a spawn party to get key #2, im tired of dying...lol
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

DaHobbit wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:03 am The middle house has a room in the top center of the map. You need the key from the Dark Devil (blue key 2) to enter that room. Take the stairs and you find yourself in the blue room. The blinking mage on both maps drop blue key 1 that opens the doors (except for the room I mentioned earlier). The drop rate is 50% so you should get a key fairly often, but remember, you can only hold one of the keys at a time so the second one will not drop. Pay attention to which door you enter and which door you exit. One door exits, the other door is the entrance. If you try the wrong door, you will lose the key, and need to get another.
I'm reviving this post...

I can get into the blue dungeon (no pets following). I've received the 1st blessing (NPC not behind locked doors). I've tried each door with a key. Sometimes, I get a message that the key melts in my hand, but I don't gain access. At the time, I'm under attack. Can't you still go thru doors (teleport) when under attack (you can in other places)?

also, just to clarify from a previous post about item drops, NO KEYS will drop if a pet is involved in the kill. correct?
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Humble_M wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:40 pm also, just to clarify from a previous post about item drops, NO KEYS will drop if a pet is involved in the kill. correct?
Incorrect. Quest kill counts do not increase with pet involvement. Drops are not affected by pets whatsoever.
Omnes Autem Uri
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

so, I can "safely" use pets to help kill blinking mages and blue devils for keys. cool!
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Yes, you can use pets to help, it won't affect key drops.

Some pretty powerful magic was involved in the making of that blue dungeon, and the magicians involved created several one-way doors in an effort to make rescue difficult ;)

EDIT - Yes, you can use the doors while under attack.
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Leone

Post by Leone »

Pretty dicey going when I did that way back when:) good quest